Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp...

Originally posted by goon View Post
    Umm yeah i remember that it was when we were deep pinned down, going into the wind. I think the ball was for moss or rollin. minnett maybe threw it? I want to say ISU blue. that was pretty bad, all the way around. Maybe not so much trick plays but give more then 2 formations, one with 3 WR set wide and one power running set.
    Like regular plays,even more so,execution and selling the fake is the key to trick plays,or just plain luck with some of the tosses.In the case of the puntrooskie,it's actually a double fake,fake punt, fake sweep,and a little luck the guy chasing him wasn't a little faster comming around from the other side.
    Lots of these simply would not have worked out in a typical late fall day in SD with the wind blowing the way it does sometimes.Here's the video of the top ten NCAA football trick plays.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZL_q7oUVrQ
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-10-2013, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
      What does the depth chart at LB look like? Who's going to step in with Lally this year?

Also, which QB snatches #2 with Kline gone?
      Maybe we'll get a little more info today. Probably something like this: Lally (M), Kilgore (W), Peitz/Elmore (S), followed by Jelsma (M), Schuster (W), Peitz/Elmore (S).

No idea on the QB at this point.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Just a couple of tidbits from media day and fall camp thus far that I think/feel/liked.

-Our we going to be making our throwbacks our new home jerseys??? I hope so, they are sharper and have more character than last years regulars.

-Cam Jones is huge, he is going to be exciting to watch these next 3 years. Larves Jones, Peete, Shoff, and Burke are all beef castles as well.

-I love the fact that we are redshirting pretty much everybody, this shows the depth we are starting to build.

-How about Cole Langer, he was an all state RB and Point Guard, and now he showed up to camp as a 260 lbs D-Tackle.

-Another guy I'm going to be curious about is Rodriguez, he put on 25 lbs to an already stout frame. We brought him in for a reason, he is completely different from all other RB's on our roster. He was brought in to be a change of pace, scat back...I wonder if he will be used this year?

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          Just a couple of tidbits from media day and fall camp thus far that I think/feel/liked.

-Our we going to be making our throwbacks our new home jerseys??? I hope so, they are sharper and have more character than last years regulars.

-Cam Jones is huge, he is going to be exciting to watch these next 3 years. Larves Jones, Peete, Shoff, and Burke are all beef castles as well.

-I love the fact that we are redshirting pretty much everybody, this shows the depth we are starting to build.

-How about Cole Langer, he was an all state RB and Point Guard, and now he showed up to camp as a 260 lbs D-Tackle.

-Another guy I'm going to be curious about is Rodriguez, he put on 25 lbs to an already stout frame. We brought him in for a reason, he is completely different from all other RB's on our roster. He was brought in to be a change of pace, scat back...I wonder if he will be used this year?
          If we can build any kind of a lead against Butler, we might see Rodriguez, if he is a JUCO might have to use him this year or he moves down or up the road. Your description of him sounds as though he is eager to play.

Comment

TV has a new blog with some camp info: http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

A couple of highlights:

-The practice facility may be completed as early as next August.
            -Shoff is battling for a starting role on the OL.
            -Paris is pushing Gandy for the #2 RB position.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
              TV has a new blog with some camp info: http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

A couple of highlights:

-The practice facility may be completed as early as next August.
              -Shoff is battling for a starting role on the OL.
              -Paris is pushing Gandy for the #2 RB position.
              Ole man winter might have something to say about that

Comment

I have a feeling they will fast track submittals for rebar and concrete to get most of the footings and foundations in before the ground freezes so they can get most of the building shell erected before significant snowfall occurs. Steel, roof panels and precast wall panels are a lot easier to place in winter than concrete.

Comment

What's the best guess for starters on the D-line, assuming a four-man front?
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                    What's the best guess for starters on the D-line, assuming a four-man front?
                    Peete, Douglas, Burke, Peugh/Sherlock

Plote and LaBlanc were highly regarded recruits if I remember correctly.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Media Day TV stories from KELO and KDLT

Comment

Looks like the uploaded another video...http://vimeo.com/72343366

Man, Keely and Wieneke are both beanpoles....they both look quick though. Redshirting is going to do some great things to their bodies.

Comment

Good video. Though the ending "cheer" seemed less than enthusiastic lol.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I like the "bobblehead" up and down thing,looks cool when there's music in the background anyway.Looks like practice isn't taken lightly and it seems pretty intense,for lack of a better description.Opening game of the season can't get here soon enough.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                              Looks like the uploaded another video...http://vimeo.com/72343366

Man, Keely and Wieneke are both beanpoles....they both look quick though. Redshirting is going to do some great things to their bodies.
                              You should have seen Keely a year ago. The twins have put on significant weight in the last 15 months. I talked to one of them at a track meet in 2012 and I felt muscular next to him, and obviously 8 inches shorter. At a track meet in Columbus this year, I talked to Stacey and he looked like he had put on significant weight from the previous year. Both Keely's have large enough frames to put on weight and I agree that a year would benefit them.

Comment

And they made another vid....http://vimeo.com/72419501

Comment

Working...
                                X