2014 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

The place I feel we are weakest at in terms of location is recruiting sioux falls. I am probably missing some but I feel like the last really great sioux falls product we got was jaron harris. A few guys like mohr and wiess I think didn't pan out but usd gets good sf talent like keyen lage and ndsu gets a lot. Seems we get or use to get a lot of lineman from nw iowa.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      The place I feel we are weakest at in terms of location is recruiting sioux falls. I am probably missing some but I feel like the last really great sioux falls product we got was jaron harris. A few guys like mohr and wiess I think didn't pan out but usd gets good sf talent like keyen lage and ndsu gets a lot. Seems we get or use to get a lot of lineman from nw iowa.
      Who needs SF when you have Brandon(which is pretty much a suburb.)

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
        Being a native of NW Iowa and a former Jack it boggles my mind that we don't recruit harder in our backyard. Gacke(UNI), Nate DeJong(NWMS), Tracy, are just a few names of guys that State has missed on. Tracy, I believe came after a coaching change took place at UNI??

I was told Van Ginkel and Snyder have officials coming at UNI and USD. Snyder has taken unofficials to Iowa and NDSU and has an official for NDSU in January. Sioux City Heelen has great fb. Can you name a single Jack that played at Heelen? They have a QB, player of the year, in Solsma. No SDSU offer there either. Set a state record for TD passes in a season playing a large school schedule. Baseball has the Jacobson brothers from Heelen and they are going to turn out just fine.

I get we have to recruit nationally especially for certain positions, but we need midwest talent. And Minnesota and Iowa have some exceptional players that we don't recruit. Let's face it kids from the south are hard to keep here after they experience a couple of SD winters.
        It just comes and goes in cycles, like Rabbits64 said. We currently are on a hot streak with Twin City and Omaha kids. It now looks like the coaches are trying to break into central IA with all the offers they have sent out there. The coaches aren't deliberately over looking a guy like Van Ginkel, they just might not like him as much as somebody else whereas USD and UNI value them more. VanVoorst and Tracy where brought in from West Lyon because the coaches liked them, same with Fick from Boyden-Hull, Tiefenthaler from Sioux Central, and McCabe from Spirit Lake. The coaches are also recruiting Sioux City this year with the offers they have out to Kern and Nash from East.

It basically comes down to, somewhere in the depths of the Dykehouse, the coaches have a big board of recruits they want with a back up plan for each guy they don't get.

Comment

In my opinion the biggest misses we've had from SF are Hermanson and Powell. I like Lage to, but I think he is basically the same player as Elmore is. McKnight and Harris are probably our two best SF players recently.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
            In my opinion the biggest misses we've had from SF are Hermanson and Powell. I like Lage to, but I think he is basically the same player as Elmore is. McKnight and Harris are probably our two best SF players recently.
            Forgot about mcnight. He was a great get as a walk on. How we got a lot of brandon kids seems we have missed on a lot of sf. Washington has put out a ton the last 5 years or more no. Like you said micknight but otherwise mohr was it. Ndsu has gotten way to much of the sf talent imho.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Forgot about mcnight. He was a great get as a walk on. How we got a lot of brandon kids seems we have missed on a lot of sf. Washington has put out a ton the last 5 years or more no. Like you said micknight but otherwise mohr was it. Ndsu has gotten way to much of the sf talent imho.
              I quickly went through about 3 recruiting classes. How many of these guys were ALL Conference players? How many graduated? I found 4 or 5 guys from the south, guys like Mike Lien, who I didn't list.

Julian Wagner TX

Lance White CA

OL - CA - Alex Dominguez OL

QB - CA - Jordan Thomas

Giannia Washington-Parker - DE - Lake View Terrace

Malik Humphries - DE - Moreno Valley/Rancho Verde HS, CA

Lee Mondol - QB - Ventura, CA, Ventura College

Jeremy Blount – WR – Tampa FL

Eric Wood – TX

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                I quickly went through about 3 recruiting classes. How many of these guys were ALL Conference players? How many graduated? I found 4 or 5 guys from the south, guys like Mike Lien, who I didn't list.

Julian Wagner TX

Lance White CA

OL - CA - Alex Dominguez OL

QB - CA - Jordan Thomas

Giannia Washington-Parker - DE - Lake View Terrace

Malik Humphries - DE - Moreno Valley/Rancho Verde HS, CA

Lee Mondol - QB - Ventura, CA, Ventura College

Jeremy Blount – WR – Tampa FL

Eric Wood – TX
                Not sure what your point is. For every kid that we get that doesn't pan out who came from a long ways away we also have a player from the region who didn't pan out (Starr, Koehlmoos, Mohr, etc.) There is no exact science to recruiting and evaluating 16, 17, and 18 year old kids. Coaches don't know how they will change once they are away from mom and dad and also once they get in the college weight room and are competing against others with equal or greater talent for the first time in their life.

Furthermore, I think some of our really good players from the last 10 years have been from out of region. Batten, Rogers, Butler, Lien, etc. Also, we have a pretty good walk on program that has yielded some pretty outstanding talent. Again, there is no exact science to predicting success from high school to college.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

You always want to get the local kids but at the same time does it really matter where they come from if the 15-20 recruits you bring in are good enough to win?

Comment

Shaheed Salmon, a DE from Land o' Lakes, FL has received an offer.....https://twitter.com/shaheed_salmon/s...39610330411008

Blog about his offer and stats in the Tampa Tribune....http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...p-first-offer/

Rivals....http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Salmon-136837

HUDL....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/357871/h...376?autoplay=1
                    Last edited by BigGoosie13; 12-04-2013, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Talking about SF players, the Argus Elite 45 Captain Caden Quintanilla says his favorite school right now is SDSU (says it in the video). Not sure if the Jacks have an offer out to him but he will be going on an official visit. He is very quick.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...iots-prospered

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                        Shaheed Salmon, a DE from Land o' Lakes, FL has received an offer.....https://twitter.com/shaheed_salmon/s...39610330411008

Blog about his offer and stats in the Tampa Tribune....http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sp...p-first-offer/

Rivals....http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...-Salmon-136837

HUDL....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/357871/h...376?autoplay=1
                        That HUDL video is really impressive. He could be an impact player as a LB or speed rushing DE.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          That HUDL video is really impressive. He could be an impact player as a LB or speed rushing DE.
                          The first word I think of when I witnessed his video is - VIOLENT!!! I was also surprised with how soft his hands are with a long reach.

Comment

I want to see us get that Straub dude. Watch his HUDL video he's huge, big arm, accurate and decently fast. Daunte Cullpepper.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                              I want to see us get that Straub dude. Watch his HUDL video he's huge, big arm, accurate and decently fast. Daunte Cullpepper.

Straub to southern Illinois per twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
                                Straub to southern Illinois per twitter
                                Can't persuade Stick. Can't persuade Straub. Here's one on the MN player of the year. Last paragraph is good.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/234687421.html

Comment

Working...
                                X