Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    TV tweeted that the Jacks have picked up their 6th commit of the class in 6'4 270lbs DT Tywan Ramsey from Messmer HS in Shorewood, WI.....https://twitter.com/TerryVandrovec/status/401551471419740161

No recruiting profiles on him, but here is an article that has a picture of him....http://www.jsonline.com/news/homecoming-must-go-on--even-if-the-other-team-forfeits-b99113313z1-226555351.html

Here are his highlights, he is a big, big boy....http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/2544666/highlights/91688379

For sure 5/6 commits are defensive players and it wouldn't surprise me if Isaac Wallace ends up as a LB in this class rather than a RB. The staff is really targeting defense.
    That's a big high school kid. Seems pretty nibble too. He'll need to learn not to play so upright, but anyone we get that's this big in high school is going to be a project.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Does anyone know if we have any interest in Watertown's Shay Bratland? I've seen highlights of him on the news and he looks to be a good sized kid who manages to outrun the defense on a regular basis.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Does anyone know if we have any interest in Watertown's Shay Bratland? I've seen highlights of him on the news and he looks to be a good sized kid who manages to outrun the defense on a regular basis.
        I do believe SDSU has interest but hasn't/won't offer. He is a rb/db, we are stacked at rb and already have 3 dbacks committed. He is a great sprinter and is really strong, but unfortunately he is probably already maxed out in terms of how big he can get do to his height(5'10 at the most) and frame. He is basically tj lally but 30lbs lighter with no more room for weight to be effectively added, so that rules him out as a lb. From what I've seen from around the interwebz is usd and uni are the two schools recruiting him the hardest. Building a football team is a numbers game and we just don't have room for him as of right now as a scholarship player. If we were to take him I bet it would be as a rb though, he really is a hard runner.

On a side note, one guy that has really stood out to me from the championships so far was John Blue from West Central. He is a 6'5 230lbs DE with really long arms and frame that looks like it could easily take 40 more lbs. He basically shut down the entire high powered Madison offense in the 2nd half by himself. He won the lineman award for the game.
        Last edited by BigGoosie13; 11-16-2013, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          I do believe SDSU has interest but hasn't/won't offer. He is a rb/db, we are stacked at rb and already have 3 dbacks committed. He is a great sprinter and is really strong, but unfortunately he is probably already maxed out in terms of how big he can get do to his height(5'10 at the most) and frame. He is basically tj lally but 30lbs lighter with no more room for weight to be effectively added, so that rules him out as a lb. From what I've seen from around the interwebz is usd and uni are the two schools recruiting him the hardest. Building a football team is a numbers game and we just don't have room for him as of right now as a scholarship player. If we were to take him I bet it would be as a rb though, he really is a hard runner.

On a side note, one guy that has really stood out to me from the championships so far was John Blue from West Central. He is a 6'5 230lbs DE with really long arms and frame that looks like it could easily take 40 more lbs. He basically shut down the entire high powered Madison offense in the 2nd half by himself. He won the lineman award for the game.
          Thanks for the response. I honestly don't know hardly anything about the kid other than I continuously see multiple highlights of him on the news running past everyone.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Thanks for the response. I honestly don't know hardly anything about the kid other than I continuously see multiple highlights of him on the news running past everyone.
            My radio by my bed is tuned to KWAT as means of avoiding right wingnut talkers, and I heard most of the Arrow games this year. Bratland is a name I heard quite often this fall. I think the SDSU staff follows Watertown quite close and I would think we would offer at least a preferred walk on. One Watertown player Schuster is playing now, and he is here by no accident, and he darn near recoved a fumble in one of the games. So I would be surprised if any offers would be extended to Watertown, unless Glenn sees someone he wants. That might force Stig off the dime.

Jutting the punter/kicker might be of interest too, his dad is Todd Jutting who is or was in coach per Todd Inderson the voice of Arrows. I suspect his grandfather is Ron a Thrivant Agent in Watertown.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Jutting the punter/kicker might be of interest too, his dad is Todd Jutting who is or was in coach per Todd Inderson the voice of Arrows. I suspect his grandfather is Ron a Thrivant Agent in Watertown.
              Your suspicion is incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Your suspicion is incorrect.
                HOW PLEASE TELL ME WITH A PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  HOW PLEASE TELL ME WITH A PM.
                  No PM necessary, Ron is not his grandfather. I know Ron.

*sorry for thread drift people.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                    No PM necessary, Ron is not his grandfather. I know Ron.

*sorry for thread drift people.
                    I know Ron too, not well but he is my agent. I assume. Sorry about the thread drifta UWMandSDSU is too good to send a pm or maybe he doesn't know how.

Comment

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

I think I saw him on the sideline prior to the game Saturday. Glenn had a number of recruits at the game.

I was impressed with how Glenn made time for the families of these kids too. A friend of mine has a freshman on the team and Glenn took time out to talk to all of us. He was very friendly to all of us despite my son and I who were both wearing our Jackrabbit apparel. He even commented on it and took time to find out what my son was studying. This occurred 35 minutes before game time.

On a side note, it was fun to see a number of SDSU fans sitting with the USD parents in their section. I didn't even feel guilty having USD pay for our tickets.

Comment

Are we after any of these West Lyon kids? I thought we had Snyder on campus a few times. We have had good luck in northwest Iowa and certainly West Lyon.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                          Are we after any of these West Lyon kids? I thought we had Snyder on campus a few times. We have had good luck in northwest Iowa and certainly West Lyon.
                          http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option...temid=58#video

Comment

Do you watch KDLT or is that just where you found the clip? I was just curious as their news is, well, Sub-par.

Comment

I see we have one offer out to an AZ kid yet, DT Kelepi Fifita(Awesome name, would love to hear Struck Mention that a bunch in the future). He also has an offer from NAU. So this could be termed the Jacks Fifita Bowl also.

The only other recruit remotely close to this game would be DE Conner Cain out of Littleton, CO, albeit a 650-750 mile trek. He also has an offer from our potential 2nd round for EWU.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                                I see we have one offer out to an AZ kid yet, DT Kelepi Fifita(Awesome name, would love to hear Struck Mention that a bunch in the future). He also has an offer from NAU. So this could be termed the Jacks Fifita Bowl also.

The only other recruit remotely close to this game would be DE Conner Cain out of Littleton, CO, albeit a 650-750 mile trek. He also has an offer from our potential 2nd round for EWU.
                                Jacks also have an offer out to a safety from the Pheonix suburbs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...?colleges=show

Comment

Working...
                                X