2014 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2014 Recruiting List

According to local media, offered RB Austin Rose, Lincoln North Star, did not play tonight due to injury. One report has it as a broken ankle. Out the next four weeks.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

QB Easton Stick will at the game, not sure if it is an official or unofficial visit.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        QB Easton Stick will at the game, not sure if it is an official or unofficial visit.
        I think Mr Easton Stick would be great in the Jackrabbit blue and yellow.

Comment

If he played baseball, his name would go down as the best baseball name ever
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Updated list today. Couple of noteworthy items:

Matt Guida, RB from Arizona, committed to the Air Force Academy on Tuesday.

Easton Stick, QB from Creighton Prep in Omaha, is reportedly interested in making a commitment. SDSU, NDSU, and Akron are believed to be at the top of his list.

Duncan Ferch, RB/Athlete from State Center, Iowa, is rumored to have two schools at the top of his list. Best guess is that if Iowa State, Iowa, or the Huskers offer - he would be gone. (He has two brothers that are walk-ons at ISU.) He has been tweeting with his friends about how UNI was 1-0 after the first week while ISU/Iowa were both winless. According to Rivals, UNI has not offered him. He has apparently grown to 6'2" and 215 lbs.

Marcus Wilson, CB - Highlands Ranch, CO, committed to CSU. (Six week old news, but finally updated.)

Comment

We've only had our new Jackrabbit logo for a handful of years now, how do you suppose we go about getting these recruiting sites to update it so that it displays accurately on an athlete's page?
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                Updated list today. Couple of noteworthy items:

Easton Stick, QB from Creighton Prep in Omaha, is reportedly interested in making a commitment. SDSU, NDSU, and Akron are believed to be at the top of his list.
                Per Jeff Kolpack ‏tweet @FGOSPORTSWRITER
                QB Easton Stick from Omaha said he's narrowed his decision to NDSU or SDSU, also said leaving door open for Nebraska if they show interest.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Per Jeff Kolpack ‏tweet @FGOSPORTSWRITER
                  QB Easton Stick from Omaha said he's narrowed his decision to NDSU or SDSU, also said leaving door open for Nebraska if they show interest.
                  Man, I hope we land this kid!
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Thanks Yahoo! Rivals/Yahoo changed some of their URL addresses for over 20 recruits listed on this thread and it required going through each recruit's hyperlink to verify they were correct. If they weren't, I had to go search the web for the correct URL address. In every case of a wrong URL, it was a Yahoo/Rivals link. Spent over an hour going through these to get them right.

On a seperate note, the following updates have been made to our Interest section of potential recruits:

WR - R.J. Urzendowski**, 6'0" 184, Omaha, NE (Creighton Prep), has committed to NDSU. This guy is a very productive wideout!

OG - Cole Hansen, from Derby, KS has committed to the Air Force Academy. With all recruits that we lose to the military academies, I wish them well and thank them for their service to our country! They will get a fine education and will ultimately leave school with a firmly planted perspective.

Comment

Does anyone know why we lose so many kids to Service Academies? Seems like every year it happens. Are we targeting goal oriented people or is it just a coincidence? I have noticed this before and just never asked the question.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                        Does anyone know why we lose so many kids to Service Academies? Seems like every year it happens. Are we targeting goal oriented people or is it just a coincidence? I have noticed this before and just never asked the question.
                        I think its a couple of things, one is the service academies target those high FCS recruits. And the type of recruit (more beef than speed) are similar to both.

Comment

It looks like we can add Brandon Snyder, Safety from West Lyon to our interest list.....https://twitter.com/brandonsnyder12/...71968381952001

Here is his profile...http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Snyder-155251

Highlights...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1267931/highlights/38242414

He is a great athlete and a great Point Guard on the basketball court. West Lyon is a football powerhouse that we have a pipeline established with, Chris Tracy and Kyle VanVoorst are our most recent WL players. The majority of WL graduates in general seem to come to SDSU.

Comment

It looks like we can add Brandon Snyder, Safety from West Lyon to our interest list.....https://twitter.com/brandonsnyder12/...71968381952001

Here is his profile...http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowa/football/recruiting/player-Brandon-Snyder-155251

Highlights...http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/1267931/highlights/38242414

He is a great athlete and a great Point Guard on the basketball court. West Lyon is a football powerhouse that we have a pipeline established with, Chris Tracy and Kyle VanVoorst are our most recent WL players. The majority of WL graduates in general seem to come to SDSU.
                            I see he visited Iowa 2 weeks ago. I'm from NW Iowa and this kid can play. For some reason I thought he was an SDSU basketball recruit at one time. I love multi-sport guys. Do you know if we've offered? Looks like a special player that does it all. Making plays at QB as well. 53 yard field goal? Northwest Iowa has been good to the Jacks.

Comment

Didn't State have a Snyder from NW IA about a decade ago? If memory serves his name was Dusty?
                              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                                Didn't State have a Snyder from NW IA about a decade ago? If memory serves his name was Dusty?
                                Dusty Snyders, with a "s". He was from NW Iowa.

Comment

Working...
                                X