Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
    Commit JT Nettleton is visiting Cal and Boise State has also taken a keen interest in him the last couple of weeks. Here's hoping we hold on!
    I don't like this either. I really really don't like this
    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Commit JT Nettleton is visiting Cal and Boise State has also taken a keen interest in him the last couple of weeks. Here's hoping we hold on!
      Darn, don't have a good feeling about this.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Darn, don't have a good feeling about this.
        Agreed. Hope he sticks with us but I don't have a good feeling when the PAC 12 starts calling, even if it is Cal, who has no excuse for how terrible they are year in and year out.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
          Agreed. Hope he sticks with us but I don't have a good feeling when the PAC 12 starts calling, even if it is Cal, who has no excuse for how terrible they are year in and year out.
          First of Cal is a pretty good program. If they offer he is gone. If it is a PWO I think it is 50/50 that he comes. Maybe SDSU has to offer a full to get him here.

2002-2012 Jeff Tedford 82-57 with 9 bowl appearances! Aaron Rodgers, DeSean Jackson, Lavelle Hawkins, Robert Jordan, Justin Forsett Keenan Allen Marshawn Lynch Shane Vereen JJ Arrington Andre Carterand Desmond Bishop to name a few.

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
            First of Cal is a pretty good program. If they offer he is gone. If it is a PWO I think it is 50/50 that he comes. Maybe SDSU has to offer a full to get him here.

2002-2012 Jeff Tedford 82-57 with 9 bowl appearances! Aaron Rodgers, DeSean Jackson, Lavelle Hawkins, Robert Jordan, Justin Forsett Keenan Allen Marshawn Lynch Shane Vereen JJ Arrington Andre Carterand Desmond Bishop to name a few.
            Whatever. We've got Vinatieri and Langner. We win. Go Jacks!
            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
              Whatever. We've got Vinatieri and Langner. We win. Go Jacks!
              You forgot Timmerman.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Good catch Goon.

Has anybody heard anything about kids from BV next season? Possibly walk-ons? I've enjoyed watching Moss, Castle, Douglas, Sawyer, Ode, and Sumner play in high school and then dawn the Blue and Yellow. I'm hoping the trend continues. Possibilities might include Ode, Garrow, Lunstra. A possible future recruit that I think really came into his own at the end of last season was sophomore Andrew Sorenson. He really lit some kids up at linebacker.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Terrible is a poor choice of words. Mediocre is better. With a list like that, one would assume they'd be winning PAC titles and competing for NCs. Except they only won one PAC title in 10 years and they were pretty awful his last three seasons. And last year they won a single game over Portland State, 37-30. A number of their losses were blowouts.

Comment

You are right if a Cal offer comes to this young man. I did not realize how good a program Cal was. Thanks for the information.

Comment

I know we all love SDSU, but an oppurtunity to go to Cal-Berkley is very lucrative. I've been on their campus, and it is awesome. If he gets an offer, I won't fault him for accepting.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                        I know we all love SDSU, but an oppurtunity to go to Cal-Berkley is very lucrative. I've been on their campus, and it is awesome. If he gets an offer, I won't fault him for accepting.
                        No doubt Cal is an amazing school. Incredible academic prestige in a beautiful city. I just don't have very high regard for their mediocre football program. I know bad football when I see it. I'm a KU fan.

Comment

I ran into Quinten Hunts (buckeye Az.) father at the Waste Management Open. Saw my SDSU shirt and told me his son is going to sign this week. Said he loved Stig, the campus and the new field house and stadium sold him. Said two other WR from Phoenix were coming.

Comment

After watching what Seattle has done this post season with big, athletic corners and safeties, I can see why college recruiters are enamored with Nettleton. At 6'3", and I expect him to ultimately playing at around 210, he can defend those athletic big WR's and TE's that are causing so much trouble. If officials continue to allow DB's to be physical with WR's like Seattle does, you can really alter the passing game.
                            Nettleton would be awesome on offense, but he could very well be a game changer on defense. It is also his best opportunity to play at the next level. I sometimes wonder if Dale Moss would have had a better chance to play in the NFL had he played defense. After all, Richard Sherman was a WR for 2 years at Stanford.
                            Hope Nettleton gets the best opportunity for a great paid college education, I just hope it is at SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              After watching what Seattle has done this post season with big, athletic corners and safeties, I can see why college recruiters are enamored with Nettleton. At 6'3", and I expect him to ultimately playing at around 210, he can defend those athletic big WR's and TE's that are causing so much trouble. If officials continue to allow DB's to be physical with WR's like Seattle does, you can really alter the passing game.
                              Nettleton would be awesome on offense, but he could very well be a game changer on defense. It is also his best opportunity to play at the next level. I sometimes wonder if Dale Moss would have had a better chance to play in the NFL had he played defense. After all, Richard Sherman was a WR for 2 years at Stanford.
                              Hope Nettleton gets the best opportunity for a great paid college education, I just hope it is at SDSU.
                              I'm sure this has been pointed out, but Nettleton's high school QB is a Cal commit as well.

Comment

any updates on weekend visitors? Last minute changes?

Comment

Working...
                                X