Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2014 Recruiting List

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
    Zero South Dakota kids offered and one Iowa kid offered in class of 2014. Bulldog doesn't get it! Like I said before we expect them to all be PWO's and they get away from us. We can't live with 85 area players and expect to win, but you can't tell me there isn't more than 1 kid in a 150 radius that is scholly material. Let's see how long these Arizona kids,etc.. deal with our winters, not playing for a year or two, etc.. Another disappointing showing for us in 2014. We need to build some relationships in Sioux Falls if we expect to get the best. Next year there are 5 big time juniors in town. We need 3 of them signed as scholarship players! Pipelines are not being built and it is disappointing. And speaking with area coaches and football trainers the frustration is building with them as well.
    God where to start on this? We have offered local kids that DESERVE scholarships, if they chose an FBS school or chose another school, so be it. Beyond that, if they are PWO material, that is what they are. Yes we need to build relationships in SF, but I am sure they are working on it. We got the Elite 45 captain from a SF school to walk on here, that is a win. As for the AZ kids, are you serious? Honestly that comment does not even deserve a response considering the AZ guys playing now.
    I don't know what you are looking at, as this class looks loaded. We have been in the playoffs 2 straight years, so it seems to me we have been on the right path with recruits. So sorry they didn't sign kids more kids from NW Iowa, that is the way it works. By the way, PWO is a great place to be, these kids can earn a scholarship quickly if they perform. To me it is a sign of how far our program has come, previously we would have lost those kids to other schools, now they are deciding to come and play here.

Comment

Bulldog, I believe Marlette was offered. He chose NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        SDSU has offered SF Roosevelt Jrs. Taryn Christion and Grant Schmidt already. Who are the other 3 big time Jrs., they are not coming to me right now?
        Those two and OL - Matt Farniok(2016) (SF Washington), Drew Peters lineman from SF Lincoln, First name??,Moser 6'1" 220 LB - West Lyon (IA)

Two other Iowa kids we need to recruit hard are Christian Rozeboom 6'3" 200 lb athlete Sioux Center and a OL 6'6 265 lb Brett Waechter out of Hartley, Iowa

Comment

Those two and OL - Matt Farniok(2016) (SF Washington), Drew Peters lineman from SF Lincoln, First name??,Moser 6'1" 220 LB - West Lyon (IA)

Two other Iowa kids we need to recruit hard are Christian Rozeboom 6'3" 200 lb athlete Sioux Center and a OL 6'6 265 lb Brett Waechter out of Hartley, Iowa
          Ok, thanks. I thought you meant this years Sioux Falls Jrs.

Comment

I would love to dominate the market on available recruits within the region. Here is a map of the commits with the circle representing 150 miles from Brookings. In this area, there are 4 scholarship players and our 3 walk-ons. Marlette was the one that got away, but the others were not offered and we still got 4 of the seven. As far as I know, we did not offer either of the two USD recruits from this area.

If you go beyond the radius, you will see an area that we have historically recuited dating back to our D2 days. From my count, SDSU has 11 recruits, NDSU 7, and USD 5. This includes preferred walk ons. While I would have loved to have all of the Bison recruits in this area, we did very well in this region. My hat is off to Stig and his crew for getting the recruits that we landed from this area. That said, we have to go beyond the borders of this region. While we have lost more recruits in our back yard to the Bison than I care to admit, I still feel we do very well in the area.

(All data is gathered from our forum, Bisonation, and Mick Garry. I apologize if the graphics are hard to read, this is my first attempt at uploading an image.)

150 Recruiting Area.jpg

Comment

According to Bisonville, Snyder from West Lyon is down to NDSU and a preferred walk-on spot at Iowa.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Zero South Dakota kids offered and one Iowa kid offered in class of 2014. Bulldog doesn't get it!..."
                Third person? I take it you're beside yourself.

Comment

I would love to dominate the market on available recruits within the region. Here is a map of the commits with the circle representing 150 miles from Brookings. In this area, there are 4 scholarship players and our 3 walk-ons. Marlette was the one that got away, but the others were not offered and we still got 4 of the seven. As far as I know, we did not offer either of the two USD recruits from this area.

If you go beyond the radius, you will see an area that we have historically recuited dating back to our D2 days. From my count, SDSU has 11 recruits, NDSU 7, and USD 5. This includes preferred walk ons. While I would have loved to have all of the Bison recruits in this area, we did very well in this region. My hat is off to Stig and his crew for getting the recruits that we landed from this area. That said, we have to go beyond the borders of this region. While we have lost more recruits in our back yard to the Bison than I care to admit, I still feel we do very well in the area.

(All data is gathered from our forum, Bisonation, and Mick Garry. I apologize if the graphics are hard to read, this is my first attempt at uploading an image.)

150 Recruiting Area.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    Third person? I take it you're beside yourself.
                    Jack power doesn't care where we get our recruits as long as they're really talented and good citizens.

Comment

Here's and article about OL Tyler Weir's commitment.....http://doloresstar.com/article/20140122/DS05/140129941

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                        Jack power doesn't care where we get our recruits as long as they're really talented and good citizens.
                        I don't like to write in the third person because I don't want people to know I associate with myself.

Comment

Ringthebells thinks if we offer Farniok, we might as well offer everyone on ESPNs top 1000 list. Ringthebells also thinks recruiting is about building relationships with kids. If time is wasted on Farniok who will never go to SDSU, unless he has a ridiculous series of injuries or has off the field issues at his chosen FBS school, that time could be better spent on kids we have a realistic shot at getting.

As far as area coaches, Ringthebells would like Bulldog to say which coaches are unhappy about SDSU recruiting. Several area coaches can be found in the Backyard each Saturday in the fall. They didn't appear to be upset. Go Jacks!
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Regarding recruiting in general:

1) Trust the program, the coaches have done an outstanding job considering our facilities. I'm excited to see what the new facilities will do for recruiting!!!

2) This Fall, 3 true freshmen played and all had a very positive impact. 2 of those were South Dakota kids from within 30 miles of Brookings. Langer (Dell Rapids) was named to the Valley All Newcomer Team and Trenhaile (Volga) was close to perfect as a walk-on long snapper. Bottom line - the SD kids can play and as long as the coaches continue to get great players like this and reward their success, things will be good. A few years ago Ryan McKnight went from walk-on to All-Conference to an NFL Camp.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                              As far as area coaches, Ringthebells would like Bulldog to say which coaches are unhappy about SDSU recruiting.
                              I'm no Bulldog, but Central Lyon-George Little Rock is a school where SDSU is not welcomed. So I hear anyways.

PM me if you want details.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                                Ringthebells thinks if we offer Farniok, we might as well offer everyone on ESPNs top 1000 list. Ringthebells also thinks recruiting is about building relationships with kids. If time is wasted on Farniok who will never go to SDSU, unless he has a ridiculous series of injuries or has off the field issues at his chosen FBS school, that time could be better spent on kids we have a realistic shot at getting.

As far as area coaches, Ringthebells would like Bulldog to say which coaches are unhappy about SDSU recruiting. Several area coaches can be found in the Backyard each Saturday in the fall. They didn't appear to be upset. Go Jacks!
                                Farniok will definitely be a 4-star when the junior rankings come out and Grant Schmidt is a 4-star as a junior this year who already has offers from ACC, Big Ten, and PAC 12 schools. Its crazy to think that the state of South Dakota and the city of Sioux Falls in particular will have 2 4-star players at the same time. I also wouldn't be shocked if Christion got a 2/3 star ranking as an Athlete after the summer circuit.

Comment

Working...
                                X