Season tickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season tickets

I got my notification in the mail earlier this week. I can get online Thursday, May 16th at 1 pm and select my seats. I plan to stay up higher in Sec E where we have been in the past. I expect most others in our group will be able to do the same even later in the process. I think it is going to work out just fine for almost everybody.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Season tickets

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    I got my notification in the mail earlier this week. I can get online Thursday, May 16th at 1 pm and select my seats. I plan to stay up higher in Sec E where we have been in the past. I expect most others in our group will be able to do the same even later in the process. I think it is going to work out just fine for almost everybody.
    Got mine as well. Was the day/time what you were thinking you were going to get?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
      Got mine as well. Was the day/time what you were thinking you were going to get?
      Mine wasn't! That's probably because we have 18 of us in our group now. Makes it difficult to get a good time slot where we can all sit together.

EDIT: I should add, our group agreed to all pick at the same time so we're going with whoever has the lowest priority points or we're being allowed to average them or something. I'm not in charge of that part.
      Last edited by KUlawJack; 05-10-2013, 12:58 PM.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

I didn't know what to expect to be honest. I have a fair number of priority points, not as many as I would like due to what I am hoping is a temporary shift in some of my donations to other worthy causes.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          I didn't know what to expect to be honest. I have a fair number of priority points, not as many as I would like due to what I am hoping is a temporary shift in some of my donations to other worthy causes.
          Was just wondering, as I was trying to figure out if my day/time was indeed correct. According to my Jackrabbit Club rank (per my online account), my day/time slot means everyone ahead of me in the rankings is also a season ticket holder for Football (which may be indeed be the case).

Comment

Was just wondering, as I was trying to figure out if my day/time was indeed correct. According to my Jackrabbit Club rank (per my online account), my day/time slot means everyone ahead of me in the rankings is also a season ticket holder for Football (which may be indeed be the case).
            I was No. 1500

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I was No. 1500
              That ranking is overall for all Jackrabbit Club members. It would also include a few of those people/companies who donate but don't get season tickets. And of course those who have had season tickets for years but now aren't renewing them.

Lastly, there's only a little over 3,000 season tickets sold each year and many of us, like myself, buy more than 1 seat. I buy 4 season tickets. Which means that if there were 1,499 people ahead of you, you'd basically be last on the football season ticket list. That's not true.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

That was an unpleasant experience. I had no problem logging on at the appointed time but couldn't pick seats. The instructions said "click on 'Seatmap' but there was no 'Seatmap' to be found which meant I couldn't see what was available, make comparisons and make a selection.

After wasting a few minutes, I called in for assistance and reached the recorded voice attendant so I had to leave a message. Credit the ticket staff: they return calls very quickly. The person assisting walked me through the same steps on the printed instructions -- but, we couldn't get "Seatmap" to appear on my screen so I completed my order over the phone.

I haven't heard of anyone else having problems.
                Last edited by JackJD; 05-16-2013, 02:12 PM.

Comment

My online ticketing experience was an EPIC FAIL. I tried for over 30 minutes to select available seats, only to see them come up as "already taken" or something like that every single time. I swear I tried that at least 20 times as I watched the available seats dwindle. This was incredibly frustrating as I intentionally beefed up my donation this year to secure better seats.

Eventually I gave up and talked with Sarah at the ticket office (2nd attempt) who got me what I needed right away.

In my humble opinion, don't bother going online. Just call the ticket office and save yourself the headache.

Next reallocation, hopefully they will have all the kinks worked out. Perhaps only allow 5 folks in per hour. 10 was damn near impossible.

Comment

Same experience. Got right in at my allotted time. Pushed the seat map, tried to select "available seats" and hit reserve, only to have it come back at me saying "these seats are no longer available". Tried that for a good 20 minutes while my wife tried to call. Finally a half hour we got somebody at the ticket dept. to answer and we got our seats selected, which we had tried numerous times online. Little frustrated but got 'em. I moved over from Section G to Section E.

My wife said the person she talked to at ticket dept. said they have been having issues like this all day long.

Comment

Can anyone answer this question: do the seat numbers increase going from south to north. Stated another way: if I'm standing on the playing field look at the west side, and I want to pick seats in. for example, section E, row 20, is seat #1 in that row to the right (south) side of the row or to the left (north, next to the aisle between E and F)? I'm not certain I was given straight directions and for the life of me, I cannot recall which direction the numbers ran.
                      Last edited by JackJD; 05-16-2013, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        Can anyone answer this question: do the seat numbers increase going from south to north. Stated another way: if I'm standing on the playing field look at the west side, and I want to pick seats in. for example, section E, row 20, is seat #1 in that row to the right (south) side of the row or to the left (north, next to the aisle between E and F)? I'm not certain I was given straight directions and for the life of me, I cannot recall which direction the numbers ran.
                        Section e seat 1 is to the south.

Comment

See if this helps. Section F and G are together, meaning there's an aisle on the south side of F and the north side of G. There's not an aisle on both sides of the sections. Section F, starting on the south the seats go 1-16 and section G, seat 1 is right next to section F, seat 16. So, it goes Aisle,section F seats 1-16 and then seats 1-16 in G aisle. Some people think that seats 1 and 16 are always on the aisle, but it's not always. Now did I really mix you up?
                          Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Okay, that's what I was thinking but was unsure. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
                              See if this helps. Section F and G are together, meaning there's an aisle on the south side of F and the north side of G. There's not an aisle on both sides of the sections. Section F, starting on the south the seats go 1-16 and section G, seat 1 is right next to section F, seat 16. So, it goes Aisle,section F seats 1-16 and then seats 1-16 in G aisle. Some people think that seats 1 and 16 are always on the aisle, but it's not always. Now did I really mix you up?
                              I would say this is correct from experience. I sit in F17 seat 3, and often have to stand to let those in G get to their seats. One of the many mistakes made in the construction of CAS. Ideally each section would have its own aisle.

Comment

Working...
                              X