• Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: National Signing Day

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Here ya go.

Argus Leader Sports ‏@Argus_Sports
    Photo: Stacy and Eron Keely sign letters of intent to SDSU in Omaha
    horraay.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I should clarify, he won't be on scholarship. Violated a substance abuse policy at Yankton and lost his scholarship offer at state.
      There are two Souleks right? One was having a problem getting a release from UNI, does this mean both are now walk ons?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        There are two Souleks right? One was having a problem getting a release from UNI, does this mean both are now walk ons?
        Yes. The younger brother, Kellen, had a scholarship offer but due to the nature of the violation that offer was removed. He chose to walk-on. The older brother Ty originally signed a LOI with UNI last year but never competed. He was not offered by SDSU. He chose to leave UNI and they would not release him.

They will both walk-on and try to earn a spot on the roster this year.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
          Yes. The younger brother, Kellen, had a scholarship offer but due to the nature of the violation that offer was removed. He chose to walk-on. The older brother Ty originally signed a LOI with UNI last year but never competed. He was not offered by SDSU. He chose to leave UNI and they would not release him.

They will both walk-on and try to earn a spot on the roster this year.
          Sounds like to me two good gets as walk-ons.

Kellen obviously made a bad decision to lose his scholarship, but has a chance to make things right.

Good luck to both of them.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Sounds like to me two good gets as walk-ons.

Kellen obviously made a bad decision to lose his scholarship, but has a chance to make things right.

Good luck to both of them.
            They both definitely have potential. We will see if our coaches can maximize that.

SDSU still waiting on 2 LOI from the west coast. Lenny Cowans and the "unconfirmed" late edition.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Ok, have followed a little but not a lot today. Darn job!

It looks like we got everyone in that was expected, is that right? Also, any surprises outside of the two Soulek's mentioned above?

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

looks like a good group. So when do the local SF sports radio guys break down the recruiting classes in the area and then go on and talk about how the best classes with the best Athletes in the state are DSU or Mount Marty etc. Last year when they were talking about the best classes recruited, SDSU or USD was barely mentioned. only if they had a SD kid they were talking about.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Who am I missing? There has to be a few.
                  Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

depending what the Souleks and Keeleys really end up playing which side of the ball, but looking at it, looks like D line really was lacking in this class. that concerns me not for next year or maybe 2 years, but 3 and 4 years down that really can have a huge impact. Seems most years the coaches never steer us wrong, so I hope they continue that and maybe they are still looking for a safety or couple D lineman.

Comment

Leave it up to Stu Whitney to get it wrong. Jeremy Hoeck, USD Beat Writer, says hey knows for sure Taylor is headed to USD. Haven't heard if Tanner is going to SDSU or not. So I don't know.
                      Leave it up to Stu to blame somebody else.

Per. Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
                      Got my Lamberts twisted due to incorrect press release sent out by Dakota Valley HS. It's Taylor to USD and Tanner to SDSU. #arguspreps

Comment

Leave it up to Stu to blame somebody else.

Per. Stu Whitney ‏@stuwhitney
                        Got my Lamberts twisted due to incorrect press release sent out by Dakota Valley HS. It's Taylor to USD and Tanner to SDSU. #arguspreps
                        Arent those in the media suppose to check their sources? like 2 things I know about journalism, always check your source, and never misspell a name.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                          Arent those in the media suppose to check their sources? like 2 things I know about journalism, always check your source, and never misspell a name.
                          "If your grandma says she loves you, get a second source." Or something like that.
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            "If your grandma says she loves you, get a second source." Or something like that.
                            Grandma was always a shyster....never be to careful.

Plus both of my grandmas have passed on, so if they start talking to me, then their are some other issues going on.

Comment

According to JackrabbitTwitter

Signing of Orange, Calif., defensive end Lennard Cowans brings Jackrabbit football recruiting class to 17.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                                According to JackrabbitTwitter

Signing of Orange, Calif., defensive end Lennard Cowans brings Jackrabbit football recruiting class to 17.
                                Excellent!!

Comment

Working...
                                X