X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    This photo

Should be used as inspiration this year to not let it be just out of reach like last time!

Edit: AND! we should wear the YELLOW PANTS!
    argh that just bugs me still to no end. Im going to send that to my brother who is a nebraska fan and grad and show him, he didnt think it must have been that close, he couldnt make the game last time due to a wedding. hopefully sdsu gets some revenge and more this time.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

That photo still makes me angry.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
        Hey that is my photo yes I won't have quite as good of spot this time around
        I wanted to give you credit. but I had closed the original thread and was too lazy to find it again. I figured we here knew who ti belonged to. I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
          That photo still makes me angry.
          Me too, me too. I was looking for the Video. to send to a husker fan friend of mine who posted this on twitter @ZSS "I have a Blackshirts t-shirt I refuse to wear until the #Huskers prove it on the field. Giving up 63, 70 & 45 points is hardly worthy of it." It was to provoke him a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            I wanted to give you credit. but I had closed the original thread and was too lazy to find it again. I figured we here knew who ti belonged to. I apologize.
            I didn't care at all, just was funny to see it pop up. I had to go check my blog to see if it was one I had posted

Comment

Can someone please explain to me why the referee in the background is signaling touchdown and Minnet has his body in the endzone, but it was not considered a TD? What is the explanation? I was in the nosebleeds and never saw this photo so it is even more frustrating to me.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                Can someone please explain to me why the referee in the background is signaling touchdown and Minnet has his body in the endzone, but it was not considered a TD? What is the explanation? I was in the nosebleeds and never saw this photo so it is even more frustrating to me.
                this was in the series where we got in, had it called back for a penalty, then got in again and it wasn't called a TD... would have to go find the whole series, but I suspect this is the one that was called back on the phantom penalty. If I can find the whole series (I have them stored on a external hard drive) I think I have the next one as well where he fell on the line, the ball clearly across the line, but was called down at about the two foot line. I can't remember, did we end up with a field goal? or stopped on downs... someone refresh me... how did this end up...?

Comment

this was in the series where we got in, had it called back for a penalty, then got in again and it wasn't called a TD... would have to go find the whole series, but I suspect this is the one that was called back on the phantom penalty. If I can find the whole series (I have them stored on a external hard drive) I think I have the next one as well where he fell on the line, the ball clearly across the line, but was called down at about the two foot line. I can't remember, did we end up with a field goal? or stopped on downs... someone refresh me... how did this end up...?
                  Stopped on downs. So frustrating.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Stopped on downs. The last play wasn't very good but I think it was the right call to go for it. A team like State playing Nebraska needs to take advantage of that if they have any shot at winning.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Didn't we have a phantom clipping call on a INT returned for a TD also? Domino, I believe.
                      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

And don't forget, the mysterious malfunction of the replay equipment.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

We should have won that game,and I think Neb knows it, that's why they re-scheduled us.They will want to leave no doubt about it this time,they will want to win with as wide a margin of victory as they can.We somewhat embarrassed them last time and they won't be able to get it out of their craw until they beat us soundly like they thought they'd do the first time.Let's do it to 'em again,would be too funny!
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-29-2013, 11:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                            Didn't we have a phantom clipping call on a INT returned for a TD also? Domino, I believe.
                            Phantom or not, a clipping penalty took 7 SDSU points off the board. The silence from the Husker crowd was deafening as they watched that play unfold.

Here's a highlight package from that 2010 game, you can see the interception at the 8:00 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wH4r1Ydf_o

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post

Yes! This was way worse then the missed TD at the goalline. The 'clip' was 30 yards behind the play. It was the DT from last year who graduated. He played a hell of a game but made a mistake there.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

You can see the infraction at 8:08 on the video clip by #52 (Andy Mink?) on the 52 yard line,"blocking below the waist" was the call.Extreme left of the screen.
                                Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-29-2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X