• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

To bad In Pelini's Rant he forgot to include the refs

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      I don't know how many games i've watched where a player gets "blocked below the waist" and its not called.Thats why we have to be "squeeky" clean when we play Neb,we just can't expect to get by with anything down there.Thats the plight of the "underdog" it seems in sports.
      That's because not all blocks below the waist are illegal...
      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Pelini said today that Martinez is doubtful for Saturday and that freshman Tommy Armstrong would start if Martinez doesn't go. He also said that Ron Kellogg III would also play.

Armstrong is similar to Martinez in that he is very fast. I do not know about his passing ability though.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
          That's because not all blocks below the waist are illegal...
          I thought they all were because they were worried about players knees being damaged,my bad.

Comment

If you are thinking about going to Lincoln, but don't have tickets, GO! I originally thought I had extra and now I'm short 2 tickets. Been digging around a little and there are many seats available at good prices. One disgruntled fan is even giving away 4 tickets to all home games if you are fans of the visitors. I'm swamped at home, but I've got numerous people coming so off we go to Lincoln and I'm fired up! This is our last best chance in some time to make a splash with a perennial FBS power.

Comment

Well had a couple of people decide not to go to the game tomorrow so I have two extra tickets in the SDSU visitor section. I do not have the tickets with me so I am not sure on the actual seating but I bought them through SDSU when they originally went on sale. PM if interested.

Comment

Found this funny slide show this morning. At the bottom of the page, Pelini language throughout, probably not safe for work.

http://www.tunnelwalkofshame.com/pos...ota-state-2013

Its pretty long, but I laughed multiple times.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Here is the SDSU vs. Nebraska Preview video from ESPN

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9699062
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

I am stoked for this game! Pretty sure I'll be tucked in a corner of the local bar while everyone else watches FL vs Tenn (wife included), but I wouldn't miss it!

GBGBGJ

Comment

per espn

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE at NEBRASKA

Adam Rittenberg: The Huskers rest top quarterback Taylor Martinez (toe), and backups Ron Kellogg III and Tommy Armstrong both play and combine for three pass touchdowns. Imani Cross sparks the rushing attack in the second quarter and Nebraska fans can smile a little after a brutal eight-day stretch. … Nebraska 59, South Dakota State 14

Brian Bennett: The Jackrabbits are just what Nebraska needs right now. The Huskers get off to a sluggish start without a healthy Martinez, but Randy Gregory forces a fumble for a defensive score and the running game is too much for SDSU to handle. … Nebraska 38, South Dakota State 10

Time to turn some faces and show that there is another Dakota school that knows how to play some football!!

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                        per espn

SOUTH DAKOTA STATE at NEBRASKA

Adam Rittenberg: The Huskers rest top quarterback Taylor Martinez (toe), and backups Ron Kellogg III and Tommy Armstrong both play and combine for three pass touchdowns. Imani Cross sparks the rushing attack in the second quarter and Nebraska fans can smile a little after a brutal eight-day stretch. … Nebraska 59, South Dakota State 14

Brian Bennett: The Jackrabbits are just what Nebraska needs right now. The Huskers get off to a sluggish start without a healthy Martinez, but Randy Gregory forces a fumble for a defensive score and the running game is too much for SDSU to handle. … Nebraska 38, South Dakota State 10

Time to turn some faces and show that there is another Dakota school that knows how to play some football!!
                        reply: The Jackrabbits aren't wow'ed by their surroundings in Lincoln,and,after struggling in their last two games,finally put it all together and continue to add to Nebraska's nightmarish week .Austin Sumner picks his targets and executes the Jacks passing game to perfection,as running back Zach Zenner goes over 100 yds and the defense handles Nebraska's surprisingly impotent offense.Another Fbs vs Fcs shocker in a year of stunning upsets....South Dakota State 20, Nebraska 17

Comment

I saw pictures on social media this morning of 2 different SD hometown SDSU students heading to Lincoln with their red Husker gear on. I like the choice of colors, but really where do you go to school. I have a hard time cheering for the Jacks, but no way can I ever cheer for the Huskers.
                          USD Fan

Comment

Two whole students? Damn. *Forces self not to make joke about USD student attendance*
                            Originally posted by JackFan96
                            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                              I saw pictures on social media this morning of 2 different SD hometown SDSU students heading to Lincoln with their red Husker gear on. I like the choice of colors, but really where do you go to school. I have a hard time cheering for the Jacks, but no way can I ever cheer for the Huskers.
                              I saw pictures on social media this morning of a bird teasing a cat, which then turned and pounced on the bird. Weird, huh?
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The boy is not a winner. Decent, but not good enough to win. Like his coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X