Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    Starting to get nervous, because I kept hearing it's on the Big10 Network, but I just went to my Direct TV guide, and it's not showing the game on there?

I do get the Big10 Network.

Can anyone please calm me...let me know that it IS going to be on Big10 on Saturday afternoon?
    It's on according to this link....
    http://www.btn2go.com/btn2go/school/nebraska

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      According to the story, Jack's parents both went to SDSU. Good stuff.
      As did his maternal grandparents, if I recall an earlier post correctly.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Articles about SDSU:

From today's Omaha World Herald:
        http://www.omaha.com/article/2013091...to-have-a-ball

AP story:
        http://www.tri-cityherald.com/2013/0...g-huskers.html

Bleacher report:
        http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...e-game-preview

Comment

So,Neb wants to embarass the Jacks to regain their swagger and defuse all the negative attention they've been getting,so the story goes....so ,back to SDSU getting no respect in predictions for the game,56-3 by bleacher report( good practice game for UPSET minded Ill),practice game?this would get my blood boiling if i were an athlete and had the competative fire those guys have.....thanks for giving us the capability to kick a field goal on Neb.....total disrespect....this guys an idiot,were not Div 2 anymore. Lets get this game on already,can't wait to see this prediction go down in flames.

Comment

There's no way we sneak up on Nebraska. Maybe the fans and the media but not the team. They remember the game we gave them in 2010 and know we're better now. As others have mentioned, this Nebraska team is nowhere near the team of 2010 and our Jacks are a better team. The Jacks are going to Lincoln to get the W period! Underdogs? Yep! Tough task? Yep! Huge opportunity? Oh, hell yeah! This Cornhusker defense is awful and our offense will be able to move the ball and score on them. It would be huge to get the first points on the board!

Special teams needs to be solid, no turnovers, and get pressure on Martinez! If we can do that, look out Husker Nation!

Let's go get this thing! Look forward to seeing a lot of blue in the Red temple!

GB! GB! GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

More Nebraska newspaper coverage about SDSU. Specifically, defensive backs coach Jay Christensen. Christensen has been coaching at SDSU since 2011, but his previous ties were at Morningside and in Nebraska. He played for the UNK Lopers as well as coached there after his playing days.

If we play well, this can only help close the deal on more recruits from Nebraska.

We are getting some very nice press and I've noticed a totally different atmosphere heading into this matchup as compared to 2010. Many friends and casual acquaintences alike have commented that if Bo loses this week, he will be done - now. Many feel this is very feasible based on ZZ and how we fared last time. I'm surprised how many know the names and some of the stats of Jackrabbit players. In 2010 the attitude was why did they schedule the Jacks and could they buy out the contract to get a real game. Most fans know this will be a real game and that the Hukers better be focused this time.

Comment

Coming into this season there was talk of Nebraska's offense being one of the most potent they've ever had. It has been tempered by several turnovers and lacked consistancy this year. It has the potential to put up TONS of points. Hopefully the defense can keep them at bay and the special teams will improve.
                One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
                  Coming into this season there was talk of Nebraska's offense being one of the most potent they've ever had. It has been tempered by several turnovers and lacked consistancy this year. It has the potential to put up TONS of points. Hopefully the defense can keep them at bay and the special teams will improve.
                  Martinez is in a walking boot and is questionable for the game (turf toe) which could be huge if he isn't 100% and able to run. Nebraska's offense hasn't been the problem. The defense is terrible. No blackshirts this year!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    There's no way we sneak up on Nebraska. Maybe the fans and the media but not the team. They remember the game we gave them in 2010 and know we're better now. As others have mentioned, this Nebraska team is nowhere near the team of 2010 and our Jacks are a better team. The Jacks are going to Lincoln to get the W period! Underdogs? Yep! Tough task? Yep! Huge opportunity? Oh, hell yeah! This Cornhusker defense is awful and our offense will be able to move the ball and score on them. It would be huge to get the first points on the board!

Special teams needs to be solid, no turnovers, and get pressure on Martinez! If we can do that, look out Husker Nation!

Let's go get this thing! Look forward to seeing a lot of blue in the Red temple!

GB! GB! GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    Yeah Zenner for a big early score, brown or Butler for a pick 6 and just imagine the wheels falling off in huskerland. the team and fans would not know what to do which when the wheels fall off at nebraska see the UCLA game, that is a good thing for us.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I believe they are going to be focused on #31, but if the O-line opens the holes ZZ has the jets to outrun many a tackler, and the bull attack mentality to run through tacklers. I was amazed watching him bull through for the 10-yd TD run vs SELA. When Austin gets the 67% passing going, Jacks may be able to go toe-to-toe with Neb.

Comment

If we get anything that looks like a big play or TD,....please,please don't do anything that can be even remotely interpreted as a penalty this game...momentum killers ...its hard enough to get big plays ,when we do,we need for them to stand.We can do this.....Special Teams...., great opportunity for redemption.Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          If we get anything that looks like a big play or TD,....please,please don't do anything that can be even remotely interpreted as a penalty this game...momentum killers ...its hard enough to get big plays ,when we do,we need for them to stand.We can do this.....Special Teams...., great opportunity for redemption.Go Jacks!
                          Make sure you tell that to the refs so they dont call any phantom or questionable calls.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Make sure you tell that to the refs so they dont call any phantom or questionable calls.
                            Those Big 10 officials know who's buttering their bread. If in doubt, the call will go to Big Red. We saw that 3 years ago and it will be the same. Just part of the deal.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Ahhh isn't college FB nice. Listen, Jacks will be ready to play we have more to gain than lose. Hopefully we will not use Zenner up too early. I think more rotation will be needed in his place. Its ball control baby!!! Coach Stig will need to let loose this offense. This just in on ESPN South Dakota St upsets Nebraska.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                I don't know how many games i've watched where a player gets "blocked below the waist" and its not called.Thats why we have to be "squeeky" clean when we play Neb,we just can't expect to get by with anything down there.Thats the plight of the "underdog" it seems in sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X