Nebraska 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nebraska 2013

Has anybody heard if Sanford or anyone else made "Jackrabbits for Jacks" shirts? I think this is such a cool idea and a great opportunity to back the Jacks and help out a worthwhile cause. I'd hate to see a great opportunity missed out on.
    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Last time in 2010, Nebraska was coming off a 56-21 win over Jake Locker and Washington. Up until that game Locker was a leading candidate for the Heisman. The Huskers were feeling pretty good at 3-0 and admittedly did minimal game planning for us, they had already started their focus on the last season of the Big XII. This time around they got humiliated at home, Bo knows they need to get their swagger back before the conference season starts. We aren't sneaking up on anyone, they will be ready....we better hope we are.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
        Last time in 2010, Nebraska was coming off a 56-21 win over Jake Locker and Washington. Up until that game Locker was a leading candidate for the Heisman. The Huskers were feeling pretty good at 3-0 and admittedly did minimal game planning for us, they had already started their focus on the last season of the Big XII. This time around they got humiliated at home, Bo knows they need to get their swagger back before the conference season starts. We aren't sneaking up on anyone, they will be ready....we better hope we are.
        They'll want to get back to winning as soon as possible,and we'll be their first opportunity to show the world that their game against UCLA was an anomaly,although, I'm not sure it was.We'll see. That said , we better be ready,i think we will be.

Comment

Good to know they are discounting us on the Husker message boards, hope their team assumes the same arrogance. I say we give them no response and let them continue on their meltdown, it's more entertaining than Bisonville. I do see no one is jumping on their score predictions thread too quickly though. This is going to be interesting indeed.
          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
            Good to know they are discounting us on the Husker message boards, hope their team assumes the same arrogance. I say we give them no response and let them continue on their meltdown, it's more entertaining than Bisonville. I do see no one is jumping on their score predictions thread too quickly though. This is going to be interesting indeed.
            I'm guessing the players and coaches aren't discounting anybody. That said,if the Jacks win there's a very good chance of a public lynching of Pellini.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
              I'm guessing the players and coaches aren't discounting anybody. That said,if the Jacks win there's a very good chance of a public lynching of Pellini.
              I have a hard time seeing Pelini surviving the season if SDSU pulls the upset.
              “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                One more blow out on national tv could be the the end of him also.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                  Yes this would be a hard one to explain for Mr. Pelini, I think its a long day for SDSU in Lincoln on Saturday. Pelini is already embarrassed with the UCLA loss, and to lose to a two bit school up the road towards Iceland would be unforgiveable.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes this would be a hard one to explain for Mr. Pelini, I think its a long day for SDSU in Lincoln on Saturday. Pelini is already embarrassed with the UCLA loss, and to lose to a two bit school up the road towards Iceland would be unforgiveable.

1. I believe we are at least a three bit school, and we're closer to Nova Scotia.
                    2. I'm not that convinced on this Nebraska team, and I don't think they are sold on themselves. They never should have been ranked. But they always get the Nebraska Card, that says they have to be in the Top 25 at the start of the season for no apparent reason. Do they have something to prove? You bet they do. Are we going to have our hands full? You bet we are. Can we pull an upset? Why not? I'm putting the Blue and Yellow glasses on until next Sunday.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      1. I believe we are at least a three bit school, and we're closer to Nova Scotia.
                      2. I'm not that convinced on this Nebraska team, and I don't think they are sold on themselves. They never should have been ranked. But they always get the Nebraska Card, that says they have to be in the Top 25 at the start of the season for no apparent reason. Do they have something to prove? You bet they do. Are we going to have our hands full? You bet we are. Can we pull an upset? Why not? I'm putting the Blue and Yellow glasses on until next Sunday.
                      I hope you are correct.

Me, I've been dreading this game since we put them on the schedule again.

That game was too close last time, and you know Pelini is going to be enraged all week, and have that team fired up for this game.

Hopefully, we can catch them off guard with some playaction, and maybe a mistake by their offense early, that gives us a chance to suck their air out early.

Comment

1. I'm excited for this game. If we play well we can win the game.
                        2. I'm excited to go to Lincoln. No place better to see a college game IMHO.
                        3. I'm excited to get this game over with.

The last time we went down there I didn't think we could compete with Big Red and we did more than compete. Get rid of a couple of awful calls by the stripes and we may have won.

This time I'm going with the expectation that we will win and every one of us should do the same. I'm not content with just being there and I guarantee you that the players and coaches feel the same way. Yeah, I know, we're a big underdog, not supposed to win, and all that crap but I'm not buying into it any more. Our program is improving and as a fan I need to raise my expectation. It's time for us to get a signature win.

That all being said, I do hope we come through in good shape and without injuries so we can be ready for NDSU. That game is HUGE!

Just a final thought, with ESPN College Game Day going to Fargo this week, wouldn't it be awesome to beat the Huskers in Lincoln and have them talking about SDSU the whole time they are in Fargo? Just sayin!

I believe!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I was at the Nebraska game on Saturday vs. UCLA (wearing a red Husker shirt covered by a black SDSU vest, I might add. It was blackout day!). I thought Nebraska came to play and in the first half - they had many opportunities to make it worse than the 21-10 halftime score. UCLA left a couple of plays on the field and had to feel pretty good at halftime to only be down 11 points.

Nebraska's D is young and fast - but can be undisciplined. That was very evident on several of the big plays that UCLA made in the 2nd half. I think the Huskers are well served to be making a "youth movement" and are going to get better fast, but the question will be can the fans be patient. The Husker offense did NOTHING to assist the cause Saturday in the 2nd half and they are as much to blame with the loss as the defense. Martinez was horrible and I was surprised that they didn't make a switch at QB, frankly.

Obviously - the fan boards are going to reveal the kool aid drinkers and extreme fringe in any team's camp. I didn't hear calls for Pelini around me - I heard an 11 year old holler "you suck Defense" at the defense. (It wasn't my 14 year old, I swear. I did take the opportunity to teach him not to boo even when the Husker's deserved it.)

I'm as proud of our Jackrabbit team/SDSU as most fans - but I don't see this going well for the Jackrabbits on Saturday. Nebraska is pretty talented - while I agree that they are outside the top-25, just not as far as some may think. Thinking back to 3 years ago when we visited Lincoln, many prognosticators were calling for 66-3 type scores - to do so again would be foolish. But I think the initial Vegas spread is going to be closer to accurate than we hope for. (Think back to Champagne last year) I love my Jackrabbits - but I'm also a lifelong Husker fan so I'll guess that we will move the ball like last visit, but will struggle to put it in the end zone. Huskers 34 - Jackrabbits 13. (Go ahead and prove me wrong Jackrabbits - I would love to "lose an eyebrow" on this one. I also just hope we can stay healthy through it - get our $$ and get home and ready for the bi-ZUN.)

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                            I was at the Nebraska game on Saturday vs. UCLA (wearing a red Husker shirt covered by a black SDSU vest, I might add. It was blackout day!). I thought Nebraska came to play and in the first half - they had many opportunities to make it worse than the 21-10 halftime score. UCLA left a couple of plays on the field and had to feel pretty good at halftime to only be down 11 points.

Nebraska's D is young and fast - but can be undisciplined. That was very evident on several of the big plays that UCLA made in the 2nd half. I think the Huskers are well served to be making a "youth movement" and are going to get better fast, but the question will be can the fans be patient. The Husker offense did NOTHING to assist the cause Saturday in the 2nd half and they are as much to blame with the loss as the defense. Martinez was horrible and I was surprised that they didn't make a switch at QB, frankly.

Obviously - the fan boards are going to reveal the kool aid drinkers and extreme fringe in any team's camp. I didn't hear calls for Pelini around me - I heard an 11 year old holler "you suck Defense" at the defense. (It wasn't my 14 year old, I swear. I did take the opportunity to teach him not to boo even when the Husker's deserved it.)

I'm as proud of our Jackrabbit team/SDSU as most fans - but I don't see this going well for the Jackrabbits on Saturday. Nebraska is pretty talented - while I agree that they are outside the top-25, just not as far as some may think. Thinking back to 3 years ago when we visited Lincoln, many prognosticators were calling for 66-3 type scores - to do so again would be foolish. But I think the initial Vegas spread is going to be closer to accurate than we hope for. (Think back to Champagne last year) I love my Jackrabbits - but I'm also a lifelong Husker fan so I'll guess that we will move the ball like last visit, but will struggle to put it in the end zone. Huskers 34 - Jackrabbits 13. (Go ahead and prove me wrong Jackrabbits - I would love to "lose an eyebrow" on this one. I also just hope we can stay healthy through it - get our $$ and get home and ready for the bi-ZUN.)
                            Champagne was 2 years ago. KU last year and Jacks could have, should have won.

That said, the Jackrabbit will have to play much better than they have thus far to have any chance. FBS teams eat up FCS teams that make mistakes. SDSU makes way too many mistakes on special teams. Give NU a short field and they will make SDSU pay. UND, Butler and SELA let the Jacks off the hook a bunch of times.

Now, SDSU is no slouch and Sumner has the ability to make a major difference, not just "not make mistakes" or "manage the game". Unfortunately, I think NU will get plenty of pressure on Austin and force some errors. ZZ is an amazing talent but this is big time football.

I'm hoping for a crisp performance, better special teams, no injuries and a light load for Zenner has we enter the MVFC schedule. A major blowout means absolutely nothing, I mean nothing to the team this year. A victory would be huge and a close loss would be almost as good. Looking forward to it.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              Champagne was 2 years ago. KU last year and Jacks could have, should have won.

That said, the Jackrabbit will have to play much better than they have thus far to have any chance. FBS teams eat up FCS teams that make mistakes. SDSU makes way too many mistakes on special teams. Give NU a short field and they will make SDSU pay. UND, Butler and SELA let the Jacks off the hook a bunch of times.

Now, SDSU is no slouch and Sumner has the ability to make a major difference, not just "not make mistakes" or "manage the game". Unfortunately, I think NU will get plenty of pressure on Austin and force some errors. ZZ is an amazing talent but this is big time football.

I'm hoping for a crisp performance, better special teams, no injuries and a light load for Zenner has we enter the MVFC schedule. A major blowout means absolutely nothing, I mean nothing to the team this year. A victory would be huge and a close loss would be almost as good. Looking forward to it.
                              Our offense last time in neb had TOB leading us, and fankly that was probably a better nebraska defense we went against. our D i think was better then with some real studs but the neb offense is still a shell of its former self. so frankly if our oline can get a push zz get some yards or bust his usual big plays i think we have a chance to win it.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Having watched both SDSU and Husker games I believe by no means we are out of this game. Nebraska has allowed an average of some 500 yards a game. I believe that if we can open up with some play-action and get the Huskers backers and safeties to honor that then that will only open it up for Zenner. Nebraska is very young outside of the D-Line and I think Sumner has the ability to make a huge difference. Should be a great game all around and am excited to be going to cheer on the JACKS!

Comment

Working...
                                X