GDT: 2nd Round FCS Championships SDSU @ NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: 2nd Round FCS Championships SDSU @ NDSU

Congrats on a strong Season Jacks, I know you didnt get the result you wanted today but yall have a lot to be proud of and a foundation to build off of.

Comment

Didn't read the thread so don't get mad if I repeat anything previously said.

SDSU's offense isn't any better than NDSU's and their defense is worse that NDSU's. That was the difference today. As much as I'd love to talk @#($ to all the SDSU fans who were claiming SDSU should win today, I won't because I respect that team who came into the dome today.

Sumner, only beef I had with him today was how he fell to the ground like a girl on 4th and 15 in the fourth quarter.

Zenner, isn't the type of back who can create on his own. He hits the hole hard and makes yards on his own after that. He, and very few Rb's, can create yards when the D-line is in the backfield all day. SDSU has a good RB and he should make some noise the next couple years.

SDSU brought a good team into the dome and just didn't do what they had to today. Best of luck to them in the future and hopefully ISU-R keeps doing well. Big win today in Boone, NC.

Hope everyone who made the trip enjoyed(is enjoying) Fargo and gets home/got home safely.
      North Dakota State University
      11 Time National Champions
      '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Congrats to the Jacks on a very good season and congrats to the Bison on an even better one. The future does look bright for SDSU football. Hopefully this surprisingly strong season will help us get a solid recruiting class that will bridge the gap until the practice facility is done.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
          Congrats to the Jacks on a very good season and congrats to the Bison on an even better one. The future does look bright for SDSU football. Hopefully this surprisingly strong season will help us get a solid recruiting class that will bridge the gap until the practice facility is done.
          Well said, I thought a 7-4 season might be our best, but a final drive against SIU won a game plus winning against USD and EIU gives us 9 win season. Recruiting hopefully will be good. Our RS-F class looks to have some leaders, so the future is bright.

Comment

Hey TennBison--you're an idiot. Good luck to Dilfer and the Ravens, I mean Jensen and the Bison.

Comment

The Bison start three seniors and have a ton of cash. I don't see a formula in the near future that favors the Rabbits. It will be fun to watch ZZ the next two seasons but the Big Buffalo to the north isn't going anywhere. That's why you play the games - right?

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                The Bison start three seniors and have a ton of cash. I don't see a formula in the near future that favors the Rabbits. It will be fun to watch ZZ the next two seasons but the Big Buffalo to the north isn't going anywhere. That's why you play the games - right?

Go Rabbits!
                How many Juniors do they start? Answer A bunch.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                  Hey TennBison--you're an idiot. Good luck to Dilfer and the Ravens, I mean Jensen and the Bison.
                  If that was supposed to be insulting you are doing it wrong.
                  North Dakota State University
                  11 Time National Champions
                  '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
                    If that was supposed to be insulting you are doing it wrong.
                    Tailgatr is suffering from what TransAM refers to as butt hurt. I dont have that this morning for some reason. The game is over. The Bison won. Time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                      Nice attempt at sarcasm, but last time I looked the Ravens and Dilfer won a SuperBowl.
                      How many National Championships in football does SDSU have in 100+ years of playing. Looking at you history now...... still can't find one, is it hiding somewhere........ nope, you have 0.
                      The guy tries to mock the Bison with that comparison, but we just smoked you by 25. You don't even know how to talk smack.

Comment

Originally posted by TennBison View Post
                        Nice attempt at sarcasm, but last time I looked the Ravens and Dilfer won a SuperBowl.
                        How many National Championships in football does SDSU have in 100+ years of playing. Looking at you history now...... still can't find one, is it hiding somewhere........ nope, you have 0.
                        The guy tries to mock the Bison with that comparison, but we just smoked you by 25. You don't even know how to talk smack.
                        Congratulations - the game's over,you won. Now don't go away mad,just go away.

Comment

Again, you just made my point. You are an idiot!

Comment

It's no lie that the Bison aren't going away anytime soon. So we best get used to playing second fiddle because we don't have the coaches, cash or facilities to compete. Or fans, for that matter. Though the facilities are coming. Reading Terry's story in the Argus just reenforces how badly we were outcoached yesterday. Not only did we have no clue what was coming, but we were certain there would be nothing unexpected. Guess again. Hope we don't have to learn that lesson twice. A team for which a play-action pass is positively exotic has to understand that opponents are willing to try far more options. Just because we won't run anything unique or innovative doesn't mean others won't.
                            Last edited by JackFan96; 12-02-2012, 01:13 PM.
                            Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Jacks got embarrassed by a team that was better prepared and that executed at a much greater level. There is a lesson to be learned and I am certain our coaches will be meeting to discuss how they can get better. NDSU has some definite advantages but they weren't that much better than SDSU on the field. Game planning and management was nearly perfect on their side and abysmal on the Jackrabbit side.

Game is over, it was a fun season that will be memorable for the first playoff victory and the discovery of what may be the best RB to ever wear a Jackrabbit jersey. Time to start getting ready for 2013.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                                What's the word on tracy? Looked pretty bad on his knee.
                                According to their moms after the game, the team physician thought Robbie Jelsma had probably torn his ACL. Chris Tracy went into the game with a pulled right hamstring, pulled his left hamstring in the first series of the game. In the 3rd qtr, the team physician thought he probably tore the MCL from the bone, possible meniscus tear, but the ACL seemed in tact. MRI's for both on Monday. Thought Tracy looked slow in the game. Kind of explains why. Jelsma has had a tough year with concussions and now this. Wish them both the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X