Zach Zenner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zach Zenner

When I saw the highlight film of this young man when he signed with SDSU I thought he looked like the best runner I had seen at the high school level. As he got chances his freshmen year while the SDSU running game struggled mightily with Tyrel our of position myself and many other posters on this forum (catrabbit) questioned the reasons for not featuring Zenner as option #1.

Yesterday was historic and impressive on so many levels I don't even know how to put it into words. Zach Zenner is an amazing football player and SDSU's future is bright. By future I mean next week. I don't see how the Bison beat us. Sumner and Zenner will carry the offense and the defense, well its the defense.

I went back and looked at some earlier posts about Zach and this poster provided some great info that may have been glossed over by some.

From RunGopherRun (hasn't posted in a long time):

First of all, good luck to the Jacks tomorrow. They are my third favorite team in Division I (Gophers are first and anyone who can beat the Badgers second.) I'm really excited to see what Zach Zenner will do in his career at SDSU. Let me tell you that you are all lucky to have an athlete like Zach at SDSU. I firmly believe - along with many others in the know - that if Jerry Kill would have been the coach at the U two years ago, Zenner could very possibly be a Gopher. Athletes like Zach don't come around very often. Thank Tim Brewster for dropping the ball on Zenner so he could be a Jack!!

Good luck! See you back in MN in a few years (I think that's Zenner's Sr. year, which scares me as a gopher fan!)

http://sdsufans.com/board/search.php?searchid=208856
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Zach Zenner

Zenner could have easily had 400 yesterday and possibly 500. We are fortunate to have him and Gandy for years to come.
    "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

If you guys are expecting your offense to go off on our defense, you are delusional. It's pretty hard to get yards rushing when your oline is in the backfield all day. On saturday, whatever team can score 20 points is going to win.

Comment

Originally posted by mgbison View Post
        If you guys are expecting your offense to go off on our defense, you are delusional. It's pretty hard to get yards rushing when your oline is in the backfield all day. On saturday, whatever team can score 20 points is going to win.
        No, I'm just expecting our defense to hold the Bison under 20, and our offense to score at least 20. That's pretty simple!

Comment

Zenner is holding his own in the classroom as well, being a pre med major. Might even see him working with/for jackmd down the road. Stig said he has an organic chem class at 3:00PM and misses practices because of the needed class. Still had a great day yesterday. Once he gets started, he seems to have his own way. Lets hope some of this fills over this next Saturday.

Comment

Organic during football season? And holding a GPA above 3.75? That is a significant accomplishment.
            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

And besides organic chem, pre-med major, outstanding football player, he also takes part in community efforts...visited with him when the he worked tables at the Pizza Ranch in a fundraiser for FCA. Great guy...pretty low key, like Nate Wolters...how lucky are we to have these two guys competing for the Jackrabbits!!!!!

Comment

Well, jackmd, I appreciate the comments about Zenner. I'm definitely not surprised Zach is doing well at SDSU, maybe a little surprised by being the nation's leading rusher! I got shredded on the Gopher board when I brought up Zenner earlier this year and how they missed on him. I don't think people that haven't seen him play a lot realize how explosive and flat out fast he is. The Jack fans that have watched him this year now realize what I was talking about back when Zach signed with SDSU. Like I said on the Gopher board, I feel like I'm a pretty fair judge of athleticism, and Zenner stuck out like a sore thumb in a pretty good athletic class at Eagan. He was a lot faster than 2 state qualifiers (100m and 200m) on the track team. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the next 2 years and set some records that will be hard to break for future Jacks! There will be a whole entourage from Eagan cheering for the Jacks this weekend against NDSU. Good Luck!

Comment

Zach has really...and I mean REALLY proved me wrong.

Coming into the year, I was in the camp that wanted to see Gandy get the 1st string nod. I think Gandy will shine when his time comes, but I'll take this steady dose of ZZ for as long as we can get it.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RunGopherRun View Post
                    Well, jackmd, I appreciate the comments about Zenner. I'm definitely not surprised Zach is doing well at SDSU, maybe a little surprised by being the nation's leading rusher! I got shredded on the Gopher board when I brought up Zenner earlier this year and how they missed on him. I don't think people that haven't seen him play a lot realize how explosive and flat out fast he is. The Jack fans that have watched him this year now realize what I was talking about back when Zach signed with SDSU. Like I said on the Gopher board, I feel like I'm a pretty fair judge of athleticism, and Zenner stuck out like a sore thumb in a pretty good athletic class at Eagan. He was a lot faster than 2 state qualifiers (100m and 200m) on the track team. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the next 2 years and set some records that will be hard to break for future Jacks! There will be a whole entourage from Eagan cheering for the Jacks this weekend against NDSU. Good Luck!
                    Many on the Gopher board don't think that Nate Wolters could play in the Big Ten either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Many on the Gopher board don't think that Nate Wolters could play in the Big Ten either.
                      He couldn't. They don't allow offense in the Big Ten. Unless the final score is in the 30's for both teams, people grumble about the game getting out of hand with too much shooting.
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

As to the point of this thread, Zach's first TD against EIU last weekend was a prime example of his speed. He made 2 cuts, one in front of 3 DB's in the secondary, and proceeded to outrun the 3/4 of EIU's secondary. He is not "deceptively fast" or any other uncomplimentary description. He is just fast. And a load.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                          As to the point of this thread, Zach's first TD against EIU last weekend was a prime example of his speed. He made 2 cuts, one in front of 3 DB's in the secondary, and proceeded to outrun the 3/4 of EIU's secondary. He is not "deceptively fast" or any other uncomplimentary description. He is just fast. And a load.
                          I think I heard on the video feed that he outran a florida track champ so yes he is fast.
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The thing that has impressed me more than anything about ZZ is how fast he gets through the second level of the defense. It's like he is shot out of a cannon as soon as a crease opens past the line of scrimmage.

He reminds me of a current NFL running back in this regard, but I will not name him as to not give people the opportunity to misquote me and make it out as me saying Zenner is as good as this person (I am speaking in relative terms).
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              The thing that has impressed me more than anything about ZZ is how fast he gets through the second level of the defense. It's like he is shot out of a cannon as soon as a crease opens past the line of scrimmage.

He reminds me of a current NFL running back in this regard, but I will not name him as to not give people the opportunity to misquote me and make it out as me saying Zenner is as good as this person (I am speaking in relative terms).
                              We all know what you are thinking, we are from the midwest, we all love our Minnesota Vikings and the running back for them.

Comment

Working...
                              X