Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zach Zenner

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
    We all know what you are thinking, we are from the midwest, we all love our Minnesota Vikings and the running back for them.
    You are picking up what I'm throw'n down... though you lost me on the bold statement. Let's not make blanket statements about Midwesterners' NFL loyalties.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by RunGopherRun View Post
      Well, jackmd, I appreciate the comments about Zenner. I'm definitely not surprised Zach is doing well at SDSU, maybe a little surprised by being the nation's leading rusher! I got shredded on the Gopher board when I brought up Zenner earlier this year and how they missed on him. I don't think people that haven't seen him play a lot realize how explosive and flat out fast he is. The Jack fans that have watched him this year now realize what I was talking about back when Zach signed with SDSU. Like I said on the Gopher board, I feel like I'm a pretty fair judge of athleticism, and Zenner stuck out like a sore thumb in a pretty good athletic class at Eagan. He was a lot faster than 2 state qualifiers (100m and 200m) on the track team. Hopefully he can stay healthy for the next 2 years and set some records that will be hard to break for future Jacks! There will be a whole entourage from Eagan cheering for the Jacks this weekend against NDSU. Good Luck!
      When I saw the highlight video (yes I know highlights are just that) I was most impressed by his ability to run away from defenders. Then, when I saw him get carries during his freshman year I was most impressed by his ability to absorb the first hit and keep moving forward. I knew at that moment that he was going to be our next great RB. He can add to his legacy with a 25 carries and 150 yards tomorrow.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        When I saw the highlight video (yes I know highlights are just that) I was most impressed by his ability to run away from defenders. Then, when I saw him get carries during his freshman year I was most impressed by his ability to absorb the first hit and keep moving forward. I knew at that moment that he was going to be our next great RB. He can add to his legacy with a 25 carries and 150 yards tomorrow.
        I'll allow it!

Comment

He does that, he moves into legendary status immediately with games left this year and two additional years to go. It would be unreal.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

ZZ does 25 carries and 150 yds, there will be a TD in that amount, and a 30+ yd run. That would likely be a SDSU W scenario, and he'd have the opportunity yet this season to play against lesser defenses. Much depends on the success of the "Fat Guys" up front in winning the line of scrimmage. Jacks have a fine bunch on both sides of the ball. So do Bison. IMHO, whoever wins in Fargo tomorrow will be playing in Frisco Jan 5. Nobody else in the playoffs have the D that either the Bison or the Jacks. Celebrate Jacks FANS! We are in a magically year for our three prime sports, and some of the minor sports are likewise rising higher than seen in a LONG time.

Comment

A little more than 1 year ago today I made this post. I truly thought SDSU would ride Zenner to a victory in Fargo. NDSU proved me wrong. I don't know what is going to happen today but I know what I think of Zach Zenner.

I think Zach is the best FB I have seen at SDSU. I've only followed the program since about 1990 so I can't say much for guys before that. There have been some great players but none have the resume of Zach Zenner.

He is about to rush for 2,000 yards in back-to-back seasons!!! 2,000 FREAKIN YARDs. I knew he was going to be special when I saw him running as a freshman but even I would not have predicted this. SDSU is in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. That never happened before ZZ.

If you are a fan of sports in the upper midwest, especially if you are a Jackrabbit fan, you owe it to yourself to make sure you see as much of this young man running the football as possible. I'd argue he is the greatest ever to don a Jackrabbit football jersey. Good luck to Zach and the rest of the "Zachrabbits".
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

d
                A little more than 1 year ago today I made this post. I truly thought SDSU would ride Zenner to a victory in Fargo. NDSU proved me wrong. I don't know what is going to happen today but I know what I think of Zach Zenner.

I think Zach is the best FB I have seen at SDSU. I've only followed the program since about 1990 so I can't say much for guys before that. There have been some great players but none have the resume of Zach Zenner.

He is about to rush for 2,000 yards in back-to-back seasons!!! 2,000 FREAKIN YARDs. I knew he was going to be special when I saw him running as a freshman but even I would not have predicted this. SDSU is in the 2nd round of the playoffs for the 2nd year in a row. That never happened before ZZ.

If you are a fan of sports in the upper midwest, especially if you are a Jackrabbit fan, you owe it to yourself to make sure you see as much of this young man running the football as possible. I'd argue he is the greatest ever to don a Jackrabbit football jersey. Good luck to Zach and the rest of the "Zachrabbits".
                No doubt ZZ is one of the best if not the best. According to the media guide, ZZ had 2514 career yards at the start of the 2013 season and with this season breaking the 2000 total, he would have a career total of 4500 to 4600 yards. In order to catch and exceed Josh Ranek, he will need to total out at 6794 yards which means another season of 2200 yards which is doable, but he will need some help on the O line next year. To quote the man ZZ, they will have to work their nuts off. Or is it nutmegs

Comment

Josh Ranek has got to be in the conversation and might have the edge. Ranek had a long and spectacular career as a running back at SDSU, and he went on to play for several years in the Canadian Football League. But Zenner has a season left. We'll see.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

I understand Ranek was good, but when you compare opponents, I think Zenner ends up ahead. Could Ranek have done what he did vs the opponents Zenner has faced? Perhaps, we'll never know. I've gotta step to the Zenner side though, if only because I'm seeing Zenner with my own eyes, I never saw Ranek.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

With all due respect to Ranek, Zenner is the best running back ever to don the interlocking SD. If ZZ had played against those same defenses he would have set thr all time rushing record this year. ZZ is putting up thesr ridiculous numbers against some impressive opponents.

And this is coming from a guy who used to lose his voice yelling for Josh to break off thr long runs...
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

It was not my intend to start a pissing match over who is better but to note how many yards Zenner has to get in order to be the all time rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          It was not my intend to start a pissing match over who is better but to note how many yards Zenner has to get in order to be the all time rusher.
                          Go jacks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both ranek and zenner were similar hard to tackle break away speed and could bust long touchdowns at anytime. Both have had compareable linemen to run behind. Let's face it when matt rock was opening holes for ranek that was as impressive as raneks running. If ranek had the qaulity lines to run behind like zz dose he would be just as effective imho.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I was wondering how the Jacks were going to replace Kyle Minett and then Zenner came along. Wow we've been blessed to watch these great RBs!

Comment

Ranek, Koenig, Watson, Minett, Zenner...

Yeah it's been a nice run hasn't it!

Tusler next in line?

Comment

Working...
                                X