Jacks vs. Bison take 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jacks vs. Bison take 2

During the Badgers Huskers game last night, the announcers mentioned that the Badgers coaching staff learned from experience that you cannot go into rematch games with such a similar game plan, you have add new wrinkles, looks, formations that keep the other team off. Well, I think it is fairly certain who did that and who didn't in the Jacks game. Their coaching staff took this game very seriously, enough to throw in a lot of new wrinkles to completely throw us off. I don't think we did anything new at all. I don't fault our coaching staff as this is new ground, I can just tell that their coaching staff has been through this before. They are a VERY well coached team with playoff experience. I can just hope that our staff learns from this and we get better.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      During the Badgers Huskers game last night, the announcers mentioned that the Badgers coaching staff learned from experience that you cannot go into rematch games with such a similar game plan, you have add new wrinkles, looks, formations that keep the other team off. Well, I think it is fairly certain who did that and who didn't in the Jacks game. Their coaching staff took this game very seriously, enough to throw in a lot of new wrinkles to completely throw us off. I don't think we did anything new at all. I don't fault our coaching staff as this is new ground, I can just tell that their coaching staff has been through this before. They are a VERY well coached team with playoff experience. I can just hope that our staff learns from this and we get better.
      +1

Obviously the extra week helped but you could easily tell which team was more prepared for the game.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I'm sure the coaching staff looking back in hindsight would do some things differently - hopefully going for it on 4th down that early in the game and with that field position would be the first. In terms of adding new things, having two weeks to prepare like the Bison had makes a world of difference. And finally,I'm not convinced that Sumner is back at 100 % even now. I think his accuracy isn't what it was before he hurt the thumb. An extended rest should get him back to his old self for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          Congrats on the win Bison fans. You have a great team and I for one Jackrabbit will be cheering for the Bison the balance of the playoffs. Best of luck and bring home another MV conference championship.

GBGBGJ
          ? Already got the MV conference championship...guessing you mean NC. Hoping!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            ? Already got the MV conference championship...guessing you mean NC. Hoping!
            I'm guessing he means bring another NC for MV teams.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Well stated. I was discussing the playoffs with some friends earlier this year. We all stated the same thing, this team needed to make the playoffs this year to get some experience in the post season. Not only for the young players that are returning but also for our coaching staff. I don't know the history of all our assistants but I know how many playoff games Stig has coached in and before this year the result was telling.

This experience although very painful will be beneficial if the approach to the result is appropriate.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I am going to be really POed if the bizon don't make a deep run. If they lose next round I will not be happy at all. But man I hate losing to those guys. Probably how usd feels losing to us all the time.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Made it up to the game yesterday and was obviously disappointed with the result. Still had a great time at the tailgate and game. I believe we had the only SDSU flag up in the whole tailgate lot so we had many Jacks fans stop by to say hi. It was great to meet many of you and we saw some familiar faces as well.

Every bison fan I met had good things to say about our team and were great people to hang out with. I can't say enough about the whole tailgate experience up there. Even the guy who temporarily stole our flag turned out to be a good guy when he brought it back. Yes I should have kept a better eye on it but I may have been distracted by some bisonettes.

Wish I could have seen us play a better game earlier in the season but from the looks of it we should be very good again next year. Will be making it to more than 1 game next year and that is a promise.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I am going to be really POed if the bizon don't make a deep run. If they lose next round I will not be happy at all..
                    You know, that is probably exactly what EIU was saying about us saturday evening.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Was gone over the weekend but I just wanted to drop by and say Congratulations on a great season by the Jackrabbits.

Comment

No reason to hang your heads Bunny fans, great season. You were the better team in the first game and the Bison just tweeked by. The Bison were the better team on the field last Saturday. Looking forward to the trip to Bunny land in 2013. Dont have time to read through all the posts, but I certainly hope all the fans that made the trip were treated well in the tailgate area. We certainly enjoyed talking with all your fans that dropped by and we hope that our group treated you well. So till next year everyone stay safe and we will see you at your place next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisonfan1 View Post
                          No reason to hang your heads Bunny fans, great season. You were the better team in the first game and the Bison just tweeked by. The Bison were the better team on the field last Saturday. Looking forward to the trip to Bunny land in 2013. Dont have time to read through all the posts, but I certainly hope all the fans that made the trip were treated well in the tailgate area. We certainly enjoyed talking with all your fans that dropped by and we hope that our group treated you well. So till next year everyone stay safe and we will see you at your place next year.
                          Very classy of you. Best of luck.

Comment

Working...
                          X