Eastern Illinois University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eastern Illinois University

Well, we know one thing about EIU. Their sports marketing department can't read or spell. Apparently, according to the splash screen on their site, EIU is playing somebody called the Jack Rabbits in the first round. And here I thought we were the Jackrabbits. #fail.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
      Does anyone know if students have to buy tickets? Or do they get in with their student ids? I'm assuming we have to buy tickets but I was just curious.

$10 for students

Comment

Originally posted by NoHopRebounds View Post
        Does anyone know if students have to buy tickets? Or do they get in with their student ids? I'm assuming we have to buy tickets but I was just curious.
        Student tickets are $10.00

Comment

TransAmBison,they're worried it will be an all MVFC championship game, obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
            I can't believe we will probably face you guys in the second round. Totally ruined my day. This absolutely sucks. I think you guys could make some real noise...was hoping to not see you guys again until the semis...after our qb had hopefully gotten some more confidence, and your receivers had relearned how to be receivers.With that said, good luck...
            Other than Kool, the rest of the receiving core played pretty poorly. There was quite a few drops out there. Catch the ball!
            LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

The team will have to play a complete game to win that means no drops, dumb turnovers, dumb penalties, bad sacks and play a complete game when sdsu has struggled those things have happened.

As far as turnout idk holiday weekend playoff games are hard to predict, im going to try to go weather depending and how rough Wednesday Thursday and friday are on me. Im thinking in the 10k range though

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                $10 for students
                From the university: "There will be a limited amount of FREE SDSU student tickets for Saturday's football playoff game available Monday, starting at 1 p.m. Paid for by local businesses, the tickets will be available at the SDSU ticket office located in the HPER Center. All SDSU students will be asked to present a valid SDSU student ID to redeem your ticket."
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I would think 10K is possible 8 probably more realistic. If you take the brookings and sf fan base for sdsu it shouldn't be that hard to have 8-10K available to make the game that weekend.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Is this the first Division I NCAA postseason event in South Dakota?
                    Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                      Summit Baseball Tourney in SF a couple years back was one. Also, WNIT a couple of times when Jacks first went DI...but technically I don't think the NCAA runs the (W)NIT tournaments.
                      "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by valleyrabbit View Post
                        Depends if you count the WNIT. SDSU has hosted games a few times for that.

Comment

So, a couple of quick questions:1. Will there be tailgating? I assume so.2. Will the alumni tent be open. I hope so. Very handy for us-of-towers.3. Will The Pride, or at least a portion of it, play? Sure hope they can swing something for our first home playoff game.Sure hope for 10,000. But I know the students being gone will hurt. Let's fill the joint, back this team, get a win and go blow up the Fargodome. Figuratively, of course. The region needs to rally and get behind this opportunity to see a playoff game. The NDSU game is already sold out, so if we advance, it better be on TV. And I don't mean ESPN3.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Just to clarify, I reread my previous post and said your receivers need to step it up...I meant the Bison receivers. You probably don't care, but I just wanted to have my previous post make more sense.

Comment

Any other season ticket holders having problems getting through? It's absolutely absurd that you go to a vm if no one picks up at the ticket office. Can i go to gojacks.com and still get my season seats?? If we want to get more than 10k to the game on Saturday this isn' t the way to do it. Frustrated!!Go Jacks!!
                              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                                Any other season ticket holders having problems getting through? It's absolutely absurd that you go to a vm if no one picks up at the ticket office. Can i go to gojacks.com and still get my season seats?? If we want to get more than 10k to the game on Saturday this isn' t the way to do it. Frustrated!!Go Jacks!!
                                Had no problems last night. Printed the tickets right at home.

10K would be great but I'm guessing closer to 7500. We will be there.

Games are on ESPN3, no other tv option available. As I said before, ESPN3 is one of the worst developments for small college sports ever.
                                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                                X