Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usd-ii gdt

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Everything broke the Jacks way today in conference play - we are alone in second place and should be a lock for the playoffs.
    Looks like a 6 way tie for first in the CAA. Not saying six will get in but ...
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

After last weeks games, Sagarin has 7 MVC teams ranked higher than the CAA's best! Just Say'n!

Go Jacks!!

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. It wasn't even as close as it sounded.

And, we took a knee on their 7 yard line with a minute to play... could have probably punched it in.

Too many late hit penalties on the Jacks... but I'll be honest, 3 of them were very dubious. The one on Luxa on the sideline early in the game was completely ridiculous.

I guess the refs were trying to keep the game "under control", it being a rivalry game and all.

The Yotes scrambling quarterback was tough to get after... not a great passer...but very elusive. As much as the U fans complain about him... he kept alot of plays alive, that wouldn't have been without his scrambling.

One Question for anyone else on the East side of the field... there was a dude on the Coyote sideline. No idea who he was. He was a tall, pretty big guy in jeans, a white shirt, and red stocking hat. Had a goatee too. Dark Hair. No idea who he was... not a coach...mostly stood behind the little barriers down around the 20 yard line or so...

He was very obnoxious... on the previously mentioned Luxa late hit... he went running over to the ref at the sideline, screaming and hollering, and gesticulating wildly...and then the flag came out. He got a high five from a player on his way back to his spot.

In the second half...when winston wright broke up a pass in the endzone near the sideline... this dude was there...just out of bounds... by the endzone! And then he started talking crap with with Winston. I saw it clear as day. (my seats were around the 10 yard line on the South end). Not sure who he was, or what his capacity is, or why he was down there.. but perhaps the U should keep people like that off their sideline.

Besides him, and the blocked punt, the only other negative of the day were the four overweight USD fans standing on the South End of the bleachers... who kept making "First Down" chants, in the second half, and being generally loud and belligerent... trying to get noticed. My wife had to tell me several times to stop looking at them. Very annoying. They were quite certainly, the exception rather than the rule, as I sat near several USD fans, who were all perfectly fine...cheered when they did well, and even admitted a few of the late hit calls on the Jacks were "gifts".

Great day, great win, and USD gets an 0-fer in their first year in the conference. Welcome to the big time, puppies.

Comment

ODU came back against James Madison. ODU is CAA champ with a four way tie for second. Cal Poly beat NAU to go 9-2 tied for 3rd in Big Sky with NAU.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            ODU came back against James Madison. ODU is CAA champ with a four way tie for second. Cal Poly beat NAU to go 9-2 tied for 3rd in Big Sky with NAU.
            ODU is not eligible for the CAA auto bid because of them transitioning to FBS (though I'm not sure if they get the official title or not), but they will still make the field as an at-large team and probably be seeded.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

It is a good win. Coyotes are a much better team than their record and I want to make sure I give them credit for the way they played today. There was no extra BS that previous coaches seemed to endorse. I think Glenn is a classy coach. Powell is a dang good receiver, he should have come here so he could experienced some winning.

Jacks played well, not great.
              Penalties need to be put to bed. Too many false starts and the personal fouls are going to really hurt us one of these times... oh wait.
              Receivers had some bad drops again today.
              I think the O-line played very well.
              Defense was very solid.
              Team got a little complacent in the 2nd half, but responded when they needed to.
              Somewhat disappointed in the turnout. I think if the U had more than 1 win, it would have been better.
              No doubt we should make the playoffs, curious to see where. Most projected team that might come here is going to have to deal with elements, advantage Jacks. I would love to see Cal-Poly come here in December, on grass.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                Somewhat disappointed in the turnout. I think if the U had more than 1 win, it would have been better.
                Or cheaper tickets. This was, probably, the most expensive single game ticket for any college event in the history of the state.

I think it's interesting that Sell & Co. opted for gate receipts over record attendance.............

Comment

Here is a photo my daughter took on her phone.

She used the panoramic feature on her phone to get the entire stadium in one shot.
                  Attached Files
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    Or cheaper tickets. This was, probably, the most expensive single game ticket for any college event in the history of the state.

I think it's interesting that Sell & Co. opted for gate receipts over record attendance.............
                    In my opinion, the administration did the correct thing by going with the gate revenue over the actual attendance because I don't think everyone would have an adequate game experience with packing 18,000 people into a stadium that only seats 11,000. I'd rather a causal fan not have the experience than have a bad one.

Though it doesn't need to be said, but we need a stadium upgrade.
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Maybe if USD had a better year, they might have brought more fans. I was surprised at the small turnout of Coyote fans.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Maybe if USD had a better year, they might have brought more fans. I was surprised at the small turnout of Coyote fans.
                        SRO and 40 bucks no doubt stopped those who did not get a advanced game ticket. I can not imagine that many Jacks heading to the Dome at 40 bucks and SRO if they waited until game day to get a ticket. The casual USD fan did not show yesterday and maybe SDSU might have priced themselves out of the market. I dont hang this on Justin Sells necessarily, but he no doubt had plenty of staff input before he made this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                          Here is a photo my daughter took on her phone.

She used the panoramic feature on her phone to get the entire stadium in one shot.
                          My wife and I were literally sitting right in front of her.

Comment

First of all, congratulations on the win. I have read most posts on here, and I'm not quite sure it was this so called pounding many claim it was, but nonetheless, it was a win. And the better team won. A few observations I am going to make after seeing every game but one. First of all, the officiating in this league flat out sucks. Yesterday was a complete joke. SDSU got screwed big time twice, and we got the rubber weanie twice. The roughing the QB call against you was horrible. The pass interference call against us where you got the field goal was horrendous. There were numerous times both teams got away with holding calls that did affect the results of the play, then they would turn around and call holding on a player out of the picture. I have not seen a good crew of officials all season. Then in the middle if the third quarter I saw one of your fans throw an empty pint booze bottle onto the field in an attempt to hit a player or coach. I pointed him out to the SDSU kiddy cops on the sideline as I saw it, yet they did nothing. They did retrieve the empty bottle, but that was it. Your fans support your team with a great deal more vigor than ours, I give you that. And also I was overall impressed with the interaction between the fans. I went for a stroll to find JackJD and KULawJack and the reception in the tailgate lot was chillier the further north I went. I went to a bus where I thought KU might be and asked someone if they knew of him, or if there was a student from Kansas was with the group, and all hey did was shake their heads and as I walked way one of them said F you coyote. But that's about all that happened. I wished I had met you two,I did try. In closing I walked away with mixed emotions. Needless to say that first quarter was perfect for you and devastating to us. You can play the what if games over in your mind, such as our first play Powell had your secondary beat 10 yards and that would have tied the game. But even I don't cry over spilled milk. We missed the pass, and the game is what it is. I just don't think the gap between the two is all that wide, but there is a difference. I hope you make playoffs and represent our state well. Congrats on the win.

Comment

This is notment to be smack but when USD's bans took the field at half time I thought it was the Brookings high school band. Even told people next to me not to boo them because of it. When their band was anounced then I didn't mind the booing as much, but i was dissapointed in the fan who threw the football at them whikle the were performing, but for the most part I thought the students be haved them selves.

Comment

Originally posted by sdsu_drake View Post
                                This is notment to be smack but when USD's bans took the field at half time I thought it was the Brookings high school band. Even told people next to me not to boo them because of it. When their band was anounced then I didn't mind the booing as much, but i was dissapointed in the fan who threw the football at them whikle the were performing, but for the most part I thought the students be haved them selves.
                                That's what happens when the AD of the host school calls on Wednesday and determines only 1/2 your band can get in and play. That isn't smack either.

Comment

Working...
                                X