Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Analyzing the USD mathcup

Originally posted by hareball View Post
    $40 is a lot of money for SRO especially if you end up watching the game on a big screen on the practice football field. (I believe you can get a SRO ticket to watch the Cowboys in Jerry World for $25.)
    I see they are labeling them SRO. They use to just call them GA. The permanent east bleachers changed from GA to all reserved 2 or 3 years ago because of increased season ticket sales. Since then, they have offered first come first serve seating on temporary bleachers with the overflow expected to stand. I stand for every game and did so without difficulty and a great view even at the NDSU game with the record crowd.

I hope they are ready for 18,000 and 16,000 show up, not vice versa. It could be a disaster if they don't plan for 18-20,000.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      I see they are labeling them SRO. They use to just call them GA. The permanent east bleachers changed from GA to all reserved 2 or 3 years ago because of increased season ticket sales. Since then, they have offered first come first serve seating on temporary bleachers with the overflow expected to stand. I stand for every game and did so without difficulty and a great view even at the NDSU game with the record crowd.

I hope they are ready for 18,000 and 16,000 show up, not vice versa. It could be a disaster if they don't plan for 18-20,000.
      Back when we set the record with NDSU, there were bleachers brought in on the North and South. A crowd of 16K is going to feel EXTREMELY full, much fuller than when we played NDSU. A crowd of 20K is a recipe for a couple thousand upset fans.

Here's a pic from that NDSU game (I think).

All those folks on the right are going to have to find another place to sit/stand. I hope the athletic department knows what they are doing.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Remember, the band has moved opening up seats in the west stands, granted they are taking up some space in the south bleacher, and the Dykhouse center has seating for a couple hundred, not as many as the bleachers. I am sure there will be temporary bleachers in front of the east bleachers and along both sides.

Regardless, if 20,000 show up its going to be one crowded freakin place. They need to be taking tickets on the east side just in front of the Dykehouse center and also on the southeast corner by the HPER lots. Its plain stupid to try and squeeze everyone through on the northwest side.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Back when we set the record with NDSU, there were bleachers brought in on the North and South. A crowd of 16K is going to feel EXTREMELY full, much fuller than when we played NDSU. A crowd of 20K is a recipe for a couple thousand upset fans.

All those folks on the right are going to have to find another place to sit/stand. I hope the athletic department knows what they are doing.
          My guess is their might, or should be temporary bleachers set up in the corners of the endzones facing the middle of the field. even if it gets a few hundred more people places to sit that has to help. This is the perfect storm of why we need a new stadium. assuming we hit the 16k area. I feel there will be plenty of upset fans about the cost/seatint/standing availability.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

It definitely looks like there is plenty of room for corner bleachers. I hope they set some up and I hope the concession areas and ticket takers are ready for this.

This is a good chance to bring in a lot of casual fans who may not have been to a game in years. If you show them a good time there is a good chance you'll see some of them again.

Comment

Hoping for a dominating performance.

Will settle for a win.

USD is going to give everything they have... if we can start quick... a-la Youngstown... we can put them away.

Must avoid turnovers and costly penalties, early in the game. Can't let them start to believe they can win.

Comment

Two points of emphasis for me going into the game.

1. Be aggressive on offense ( like Youngstown game)
                2. No special teams miscues.

If we do those its a rout. If not, we give confidence to a lesser team and then anything can happen.

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post

I know it's been said before, but it's painfully obvious that they built "the Dykhouse" too close to the field by about 50'.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    I know it's been said before, but it's painfully obvious that they built "the Dykhouse" too close to the field by about 50'.
                    Lets just hope when they build the stadium they dont push fans further way from the sides like they did at frost.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Yeah, no question about the Dykhouse being too close. Looks like it's kind of locked in now, unless the scoreboard and new bleachers are moved, but that seems unlikely. I would have loved to see a little hill for families to sit on blankets and kids to mess around along the field, but that also seems unlikely. I've wondered at times whether the street behind the scoreboard will ever be closed to make room for the new stadium.
                      Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                      X