Coyotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes

I read today that Stig and the players are taking this game like any other game, which I think is good, but I hope the coaches have told the players that this game is a different beast that what they have played before. Fans are ugly towards each other, there is a bit more chip on the shoulders of the players, etc.
    One year we beat USD under Crehan (spelling could be off, but he isn't worth checking to see if it is right), they trashed the locker room in Frost arena, fans say the worst kind of stuff to you, students like to throw objects at you at the Dakota Dump, etc.. I was at a meeting for work in the Twin Cities, another person at this meeting was a former USD player as well, once it was found out where each of us played, it turned ugly and we ended up talking smack at this meeting, and we are bankers for crying out loud! It is just a different game, period.
    This is 100+ years of dislike here that these guys haven't seen yet. USD is taking this as their Super Bowl. I hope we are mentally up for this from the start and the players aren't thrown off by the spectacle of it, because it is going to be something.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      I read today that Stig and the players are taking this game like any other game, which I think is good, but I hope the coaches have told the players that this game is a different beast that what they have played before. Fans are ugly towards each other, there is a bit more chip on the shoulders of the players, etc.
      One year we beat USD under Crehan (spelling could be off, but he isn't worth checking to see if it is right), they trashed the locker room in Frost arena, fans say the worst kind of stuff to you, students like to throw objects at you at the Dakota Dump, etc.. I was at a meeting for work in the Twin Cities, another person at this meeting was a former USD player as well, once it was found out where each of us played, it turned ugly and we ended up talking smack at this meeting, and we are bankers for crying out loud! It is just a different game, period.
      This is 100+ years of dislike here that these guys haven't seen yet. USD is taking this as their Super Bowl. I hope we are mentally up for this from the start and the players aren't thrown off by the spectacle of it, because it is going to be something.
      This also has me concerned. If we can jump on them early I will feel better. The longer we let them believe that they belong on the same field as us the more dangerous I think they become. We should win, but I also realize in a true rivalry anything can happen.
      Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I suspect the big crowd and energy in the venue will help get rabbits64's point across. It is different. Anybody who ventures out in Brookings today can see that. Lots of extra people in town already.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Getn sick of all the hype! Lets get this thing on!

Comment

Re-tweet

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
            They suck. We will kill them.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
            X