Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Coyotes

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
    I think the Jacks, Bison, and Redbirds all deserve to be in there. I don't like that guys selections with 4 teams from the Big Sky and only two from the MVC. In other matchups this weekend and records of interest I will be following:

Sam Houston St (8-2) at FBS Texas A&M should drop SHST to 8-3. (SHST beat "Incarnate Word" which I'm guessing is DII)
    Wofford (8-2) at FBS South Carolina should drop Wofford to 8-3. (Wofford beat "Lincoln, PA" which is DII)
    Georgia Southern (8-2) at FBS Georgia should drop GS to 8-3.
    Old Dominion (9-1) against James Madison (7-3). James Madison is a bubble team but could drop to 7-4.
    Villanova (7-3) against Delaware (5-5). Delaware could help us out by upsetting Villanova dropping them to 7-4.
    E Illinois (7-3) against Cent. Arkansas (8-2). This could either result in two more 8-3 or a 9-2 Cent Arkansas with E. Illinois eliminated at 7-4.

And of course MVC, ND State (9-1) and Illinois State (8-2). An NDSU win puts Illinois State into the 8-3 fight.
    Second MVC, Indiana State (7-3) and Youngstown State (6-4). Indiana State has a DII win and Youngstown can only get to 7.

I will do some additional research tonight if any of those possible 8-3 teams have a DII win as a part of that.

Additions:

Samford (7-3) is a bubble team plays FBS Kentucky (1-9). If Samford gets the upset it would put them at 8-3.
    Save yourself the trouble/effort and head over to AnyGivenSaturday.com, as there are already a dozen threads breaking this down in great detail. Good stuff.

Long story short, there are a going to be 6-8 teams with playoff-worthy resumes that will be left out. I just pray we aren't one of them.

Comment

Does the bubble scenario mean Jacks not only have to win, but convincingly, on Saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Does the bubble scenario mean Jacks not only have to win, but convincingly, on Saturday?
        The win is important,but I don't think the margin makes much difference. What the other teams ranked right above and below us do is way more important than our point margin.

Comment

Originally posted by el_presidente View Post
          I think the Jacks, Bison, and Redbirds all deserve to be in there. I don't like that guys selections with 4 teams from the Big Sky and only two from the MVC. In other matchups this weekend and records of interest I will be following:

Sam Houston St (8-2) at FBS Texas A&M should drop SHST to 8-3. (SHST beat "Incarnate Word" which I'm guessing is DII)
          Wofford (8-2) at FBS South Carolina should drop Wofford to 8-3. (Wofford beat "Lincoln, PA" which is DII)
          Georgia Southern (8-2) at FBS Georgia should drop GS to 8-3.
          Old Dominion (9-1) against James Madison (7-3). James Madison is a bubble team but could drop to 7-4.
          Villanova (7-3) against Delaware (5-5). Delaware could help us out by upsetting Villanova dropping them to 7-4.
          E Illinois (7-3) against Cent. Arkansas (8-2). This could either result in two more 8-3 or a 9-2 Cent Arkansas with E. Illinois eliminated at 7-4.

And of course MVC, ND State (9-1) and Illinois State (8-2). An NDSU win puts Illinois State into the 8-3 fight.
          Second MVC, Indiana State (7-3) and Youngstown State (6-4). Indiana State has a DII win and Youngstown can only get to 7.

I will do some additional research tonight if any of those possible 8-3 teams have a DII win as a part of that.

Additions:

Samford (7-3) is a bubble team plays FBS Kentucky (1-9). If Samford gets the upset it would put them at 8-3.
          CAU already is in with the Southland's auto bid so go purple bears or whatever they are, beat the panthers

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Rabbit View Post
            Save yourself the trouble/effort and head over to AnyGivenSaturday.com, as there are already a dozen threads breaking this down in great detail. Good stuff.

Long story short, there are a going to be 6-8 teams with playoff-worthy resumes that will be left out. I just pray we aren't one of them.
            Thanks, there is a lot of interesting material out there! I'll move over to the MVC AQ thread to continue.

Comment

If you win you're in. Relax

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                If you win you're in. Relax
                Check your PM when you have a chance. Sounds like beautiful weather for the game Saturday. Everyone should be in Brookings.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                  Headed there tonight before the game. Its been too long.

Chili, Pheasant soup, brats, and wings at our spot on Saturday, along with a bloody mary bar. Feel free to swing by. We're in the priority parking lot.

Thanks for the invite.

Comment

Line is 20. Don't let any coyote fans convince you to give them anymore than that. Jacks will back off late like they did against YSU and USD will make a late surge that isn't relevant to the ultimate outcome but could ruin the line. They've done that all year.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Some poster asked about opening time for Cubby's and I can't find it. Anyway, for those who might be interested, Cubby's will open at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                        CAU already is in with the Southland's auto bid so go purple bears or whatever they are, beat the panthers
                        Unfortunately, EIU is also in with the Ohio Valley auto-bid, so this game plays no part in the at-large bid process... Both CAU & EIU are in.

Comment

Saturday's weather forecast seems locked in: 50 , lots of sun and a south wind at 10 - 15. As the afternoon unfolds, fans on the west side will be jealous of those on the east side because that sun will be nice and warm.

Comment

haven't read it yet but here is the digital version of the P&Ds special section for this game... http://shop.yankton.net/ss/issue.php?issueid=2512

Comment

This morning KELO predicted 52 degrees at kickoff. But it will be windy...wind from south with gusts exceeding 25.

Comment

Nice job by the P&D!

Comment

Working...
                                X