Game Day: NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Day: NDSU

Looking at the playoff schedule the bottom 8 teams play Thanksgiving weekend and everyone else on the following Saturday. I am assuming we would be one of the top 12 teams and not play the first weekend. If we host a game on that following weekend it will be a very busy day for our event staff with the women playing at 4PM and the men at 630PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
      Completely dissapointed during the game, that blew. Without mistakes Jacks should win. NDSU defense obviously gassed at the end.

Thinking about it, after a couple of homebrews, SDSU played straight up against arguably the best team in FCS, ON THEIR FIELD. Jacks can and should beat the Bison. Bison should watch out because there will be Jacks in the playoffs waiting for the rematch.
      Late hit on the QB inexcusable Coach Stig called it a "bonehead " play Illegal substitution after a timeout- COMPLETELY INEXCUSABLE That was more than a bonehead play! The last 2 series Rollin has been in the slot has resulted in 2 TD's for the Jacks offense! Hmmm- think maybe we could this formation throughout the course of the game rather than waiting for the last 2.30 minutes of the game??

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
        Team was picked 6th in the conference and played to #1team in the nation to the end. Not a moral victory guy but to say the coaches aren't getting results is misplaced at best. They beat a weak USD team next weekend and we are attending a playoff game in Brookings Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone that thought that was possible prior to the season would have been laughed off this board.
        craig haley has you guys hosting a game in the 2nd round. could happen

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison1 View Post
          craig haley has you guys hosting a game in the 2nd round. could happen
          ndsubison1: How reliable is craig haley? You watched him closely last year, I am sure.
          Jackolantern

Comment

Originally posted by gabe01 View Post
            I think the opposite. Most Bison fans are overreacting to the offensive woes. And heres the deal. The fans that think our offense sucks has no respect for the defense in the conference. Have you seen the low scoring games in week 10-11? Amazingly enough our offense is #1 in conference scoring. That's the type of defense the conference plays. As we saw in 2010-2011, the playoff teams couldnt handle a defense of the Bisons caliber and our offense had less problems with their defenses. Ask Montana State in 2010 about defense. Or Sam Houston and their 45 points per game.Ask usd how they would rank the valley defenses? All i heard was how tough the Great West was!.

The jacks are similar to the Bison and will give teams fits in the playoffs
            What I was looking for in the Bison offense yesterday was the power runs that McNorton made for the past two seasons. I dont see that and depending on Jensen's passing is a gamble at this point in time. I just don't see the Bison going to Frisco this year with the offensive personal that they put on the field yesterday. Defense yes, but if you run into an offense along the way that your D can't handle, and they get several pts on the board, the game is over. SDSU offense is still in a developement stage so I dont see going very far south either. Yes defense's are very similar and we finally have gotten some execution. The crowd noise gave us several false starts, and this something we have to work on. There are ways and Stig said that. I guess the best statement Stig made yesterday and that was if 'We dont have 12 men on the field, I might be smiling now or something to that affect.
            At any rate SDSU still is a work in progress.
            From the Forum:
            “When you jump offsides in this environment, yeah that is discipline,” Stiegelmeier said. “When you hit the quarterback late, and I’m going to look at the film, that’s bonehead. That’s taking the other 59 guys on the bus and saying I’m more important than you. I’m frustrated. And that’s totally unacceptable.”

Comment

I have a feeling some guys will be wearing pink jerseys this week at practice. To many stupid mistakes that didn't have to haopen. Cost the team a confrence championship.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by jackolantern View Post
                ndsubison1: How reliable is craig haley? You watched him closely last year, I am sure.
                Not very good, most people over at AGS do a better job. I think TSN just slaps that thing together in a few minutes, joe lunardi they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  What I was looking for in the Bison offense yesterday was the power runs that McNorton made for the past two seasons. I dont see that and depending on Jensen's passing is a gamble at this point in time. I just don't see the Bison going to Frisco this year with the offensive personal that they put on the field yesterday. Defense yes, but if you run into an offense along the way that your D can't handle, and they get several pts on the board, the game is over. SDSU offense is still in a developement stage so I dont see going very far south either. Yes defense's are very similar and we finally have gotten some execution. The crowd noise gave us several false starts, and this something we have to work on. There are ways and Stig said that. I guess the best statement Stig made yesterday and that was if 'We dont have 12 men on the field, I might be smiling now or something to that affect.
                  From the Forum:
                  “When you jump offsides in this environment, yeah that is discipline,” Stiegelmeier said. “When you hit the quarterback late, and I’m going to look at the film, that’s bonehead. That’s taking the other 59 guys on the bus and saying I’m more important than you. I’m frustrated. And that’s totally unacceptable.”

I'm not worried about our ground game, our backs are beat up but with a bye week they should be ready to finish strong. Jensen though is a major concern, the guy is just not seeing things clearly out there. I like the guy, he is a great leader but he just isn't playing with the same level of confidence he was earlier this year and last year.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I have a feeling some guys will be wearing pink jerseys this week at practice. To many stupid mistakes that didn't have to haopen. Cost the team a confrence championship.
                    Yeah maybe even Coach Stig might be wearing one.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                      Disregard previous post. Misread NW's post; thought he was saying Jacks didn't score legitimately. Clearly he was arguing what defense Bison were in the last drive. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

Hey no worries.

I hate it when any team does this. It sets them up for failure. Kudos to the Jacks for scoring.

It just reminds me of Eastern Washington and them marching down the field twice....

Come playoff time....I'll take a team with a very good defense.

Comment

Anyone else surprised Zenner ran a season low 14 times on Saturday in a close game? We completely abandoned the run in the second half, despite the game being close.
                        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          From the Forum:
                          I've been saying this for the last month or so that offensively we are not the same team as last year. Jensen is the main reason. His ability last year reading defenses and not throwing the picks was huge. This year after the Indiana State game he's been a different player. His reads are either slower or he's not trusting himself and making throws late that he either shouldn't make or should have thrown earlier. The only thing I will say about our offense is we have not had Crockett back at 100%. With him in the game as a Running back we are a better team than we are with Ojuri in at Running back. But either way it will all come back to Jensen. If he can get whatever is going on in his head cleared up we will be fine but otherwise we may win the first round of the playoffs but after that all bets are off. As far as you guys are concerned I think you have a good defense but I'm not sold either on your offense. When made one dimensional (in other words stop Zenner) you struggle. Against good teams your results will be just the same as last Saturday. Best of luck of course I want to see you guys do well (except if you are playing us). You guys have to be thrilled with the record you have considering the expectations before the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
                            I've been saying this for the last month or so that offensively we are not the same team as last year. Jensen is the main reason. His ability last year reading defenses and not throwing the picks was huge. This year after the Indiana State game he's been a different player. His reads are either slower or he's not trusting himself and making throws late that he either shouldn't make or should have thrown earlier. The only thing I will say about our offense is we have not had Crockett back at 100%. With him in the game as a Running back we are a better team than we are with Ojuri in at Running back. But either way it will all come back to Jensen. If he can get whatever is going on in his head cleared up we will be fine but otherwise we may win the first round of the playoffs but after that all bets are off. As far as you guys are concerned I think you have a good defense but I'm not sold either on your offense. When made one dimensional (in other words stop Zenner) you struggle. Against good teams your results will be just the same as last Saturday. Best of luck of course I want to see you guys do well (except if you are playing us). You guys have to be thrilled with the record you have considering the expectations before the season.

Yawn - go away. Be happy you squeaked out a win at your place. You don't like your office, that is fine, but speak for yourself. See you in the playoffs
                            Last edited by LakeJack; 11-12-2012, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Pulled the following photo from Terry Vandrovec's twitter page -- message he received.

nice.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Yawn - go away. Be happy you squeaked out a win at your place. You don't like your office, that is fine, but speak for yourself. See you in the playoffs
                                The Butthurt force is stong in this poster

Comment

Working...
                                X