Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Game Day: NDSU

Originally posted by Grape Ape View Post
    But remember, the bottom 8 teams that make the playoffs will play the first week. The top 12 get a bye. IF we beat USD and IF NDSU beats Ill St....given our strength of schedule and other factors, we should host an opening round game.
    What if ISU-red beats the Bison this coming week? We have a three tie for the MVFC championship and it will no doubt disturb the path going through Fargo. What I seen of the Bison offense yesterday, they dont have what it takes to get anywhere near Frisco. Everytime Sawyer pinned them deep, I felt very comfortable sitting in the North Endzone. Right now they are struggling and no one in Bisonville will admit it. Jensen passing is very suspect and Butler should have gotten more than one Int. I think SDSU has its own dystny to control. Our season is not over by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
      This is what makes SDSU/NDSU great teams.....defense.Jacks have a very good defense along with the Bison. The Jacks only had 130 total yards until that last drive when the Bison played their frickin 'prevent'. All a prevent does is set you up for failure....found that out against Eastern Wash in 2010 playoffs. I hate it.Great game.Both of these teams are made for the playoffs:Great defensesPower running gameUSD game shouldn't be a problem but they will have nothing to lose in that game. A 8-3 Jacks team should get a 1st round home game. Probably get a 'fair weather' team coming to CAS in late Nov......should be a win.If the Jacks/Bison meet up again it most likely will be another great game.
      You guys were not in a prevent. You were sending blitzes almost every play. Sumner just runs an excellent 2 minute drill.
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        What if ISU-red beats the Bison this coming week? We have a three tie for the MVFC championship and it will no doubt disturb the path going through Fargo.
        If that happens and the Jacks and ISU-Blue both win,there will be a four-way tie for the championship.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          If that happens and the Jacks and ISU-Blue both win,there will be a four-way tie for the championship.
          Jeebus, who wins the title then?
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Jeebus, who wins the title then?
            Whoever's higher in the gpi after that weekend. Probably still the Bison.

At this point, just want to see the Jacks in the playoffs, preferably on the opposite side as the Bison so we won't have to go back to Fargo this year. Maybe they'll get sent to Bozeman. And I hope that if we get paired with an unseeded team that the athletic department bids enough to get us the home game.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              You guys were not in a prevent. You were sending blitzes almost every play. Sumner just runs an excellent 2 minute drill.
              You kidding me?

They were totally in a prevent. The LBs were sitting back in our Tampa-2 letting everything underneath go. What game were you watching?

Comment

What if ISU-red beats the Bison this coming week? We have a three tie for the MVFC championship and it will no doubt disturb the path going through Fargo. What I seen of the Bison offense yesterday, they dont have what it takes to get anywhere near Frisco. Everytime Sawyer pinned them deep, I felt very comfortable sitting in the North Endzone.""" Right now they are struggling and no one in Bisonville will admit it.""" Jensen passing is very suspect and Butler should have gotten more than one Int. I think SDSU has its own dystny to control. Our season is not over by any means.
                You better go back to Bisonville and read a little closer. MANY are very concerned with the Bizon offense and with Mr Jensen.

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                  Time to grow up...I'm not sure when all of you realized it, but shortly after I entered the real world...graduation...I realized its all about the bottom line. We have one hell of a strong team on the field, however our coaches are not at the same level. Time to up the ante. Example, look at the wresteling team and the vast improvements made in a few short months. Results counts (wins) nothing else.
                  I am not quite sure what you are saying, but the Bottom line to me is that the team is on the verge of making the playoffs for the second time in four years.

There are plenty of teams in our own league that would love to have our record (wins) and coaching staff.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by Bison Fan in NW MN View Post
                    You kidding me?

They were totally in a prevent. The LBs were sitting back in our Tampa-2 letting everything underneath go. What game were you watching?
                    Oh, give it up already. So what, exactly, are you saying? That it wasn't a legitimate score, that the Jacks were allowed to score because your linebackers were playing soft? Give me a break. The Jacks scored under pressure, in a tight game, on the road, and fought until the end. So maybe a little credit to the other guys for once?

This is why it's so easy to dismiss some - not all - hump faithful that come over here. Some of you will never acknowledge the fact that the sun doesn't rise and set entirely on your football team.

P.S. A lot of teams play Tampa2 and actually prevent other teams from scoring, including the Jacks.

Comment

Disregard previous post. Misread NW's post; thought he was saying Jacks didn't score legitimately. Clearly he was arguing what defense Bison were in the last drive. Apologies for the misinterpretation.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
                        To be blunt, we are all tired of being NDSU's bi**h, which is why the frustration abounds. We want to be where they are consistently.

As the great Ric Flair so eloquently stated, "In order to be the man, you gotta beat the man".
                        Not to put a fine point on it, but doesn't "The Man" (i.e. Vince McMahon) actually determine if and when you "beat" someone in pro wrestling? Not to say I disagree with the Nature Boy. Spot on, on your main point.

Comment

Nidaros Your are correct. We are in control of what happens to us. I thought we grew up a bit after the first quarter, in which we did take a good punch in the chops (Example: Zenner getting clocked behind the line on the first play). We are pretty healthy, pretty pissed off, and pretty hungry to play in the post season. I would say we have a pretty good chance of extending our season!

What if ISU-red beats the Bison this coming week? We have a three tie for the MVFC championship and it will no doubt disturb the path going through Fargo. What I seen of the Bison offense yesterday, they dont have what it takes to get anywhere near Frisco. Everytime Sawyer pinned them deep, I felt very comfortable sitting in the North Endzone. Right now they are struggling and no one in Bisonville will admit it. Jensen passing is very suspect and Butler should have gotten more than one Int. I think SDSU has its own dystny to control. Our season is not over by any means.
                          Jackolantern

Comment

I think the opposite. Most Bison fans are overreacting to the offensive woes. And heres the deal. The fans that think our offense sucks has no respect for the defense in the conference. Have you seen the low scoring games in week 10-11? Amazingly enough our offense is #1 in conference scoring. That's the type of defense the conference plays. As we saw in 2010-2011, the playoff teams couldnt handle a defense of the Bisons caliber and our offense had less problems with their defenses. Ask Montana State in 2010 about defense. Or Sam Houston and their 45 points per game.Ask usd how they would rank the valley defenses? All i heard was how tough the Great West was!.

The jacks are similar to the Bison and will give teams fits in the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
                              Time to grow up...I'm not sure when all of you realized it, but shortly after I entered the real world...graduation...I realized its all about the bottom line. We have one hell of a strong team on the field, however our coaches are not at the same level. Time to up the ante. Example, look at the wresteling team and the vast improvements made in a few short months. Results counts (wins) nothing else.
                              Team was picked 6th in the conference and played to #1team in the nation to the end. Not a moral victory guy but to say the coaches aren't getting results is misplaced at best. They beat a weak USD team next weekend and we are attending a playoff game in Brookings Thanksgiving weekend. Anyone that thought that was possible prior to the season would have been laughed off this board.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

It's unfortunate,one penalty changes the complexion of the whole game,instead of the the 7 pts,they would have got 3pts, and that last drive could have been for the win.
                                Would we have made it?Who can say for sure,I certainly can't, but it would have surely made everyone in that dome with horns feel mighty uncomfortable.
                                But,it was not meant to be,perhaps it helps us in the long run by giving us a burning desire to make amends....my glass is half full,but i can see others points too.

Comment

Working...
                                X