Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trophy series for SDSU vs. USD game

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I think it's well known my feelings on the olympic sports (and the band)....
    Yes, you've stated your view before. Go back and read my post. I questioned you throwing some great athletes under the bus because you're upset about a marketing effort. The rest of us can state opinions on here too.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      And you called me not a true fan? Ha.
      I never said I wouldn't pick our own teams to win, true it doesn't hurt my feelings in those sports when we get beat, but I'd always pick us to win if you ask me. Aren't you too busy with that "gun to your head" betting on NDSU right now? Or are you attending the USD-UNI game on Saturday..........
      P.S. Thanks for making me special! If i cared enough about you I'd do the same!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        I never said I wouldn't pick our own teams to win, true it doesn't hurt my feelings in those sports when we get beat, but I'd always pick us to win if you ask me. Aren't you too busy with that "gun to your head" betting on NDSU right now? Or are you attending the USD-UNI game on Saturday..........
        P.S. Thanks for making me special! If i cared enough about you I'd do the same!
        Who peed in your crabby flakes.

Anyway back to the topic. I am not a fan of this for the reason that all of our sports are not being represented here. I think we should get more points for the corn cup then USD just for the fact we offer more sports then they do.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

At least the trophy will be in one of the schools colors....yellow!Although,I wouldn't put it past the Yotes to dump out the yellow corn ,and fill it with red corn.

Comment

Bottom line, it is just a stupid idea. Again, USD doesn't deserve it being #2 and following us to D1. The Dakota Marker is a pretty cool idea and one I hope stays relevant, which I believe it will. I am done talking about this as we have more important things to discuss, such as the HUGE game tomorrow!!!!! HOLY CRAP LET"S GET IT ON!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
              Bottom line, it is just a stupid idea. Again, USD doesn't deserve it being #2 and following us to D1. The Dakota Marker is a pretty cool idea and one I hope stays relevant, which I believe it will. I am done talking about this as we have more important things to discuss, such as the HUGE game tomorrow!!!!! HOLY CRAP LET"S GET IT ON!!!!!
              The Dakota marker shares more then just the boarder, it shares the journey that SDSU and NDSU were willing to take together. USD following what we started just seems to cheapen the progress we have made. Like we make it to the dance in both mens and womens bball yet they beat each team last year and acted like they won the superbowl. I know thats all they have to look forward too but I hope the school pushes our programs to win confrence titles not just to beat USD for a dumb trophy filled with corn pops. I hope calling it the corn cup catches on at least.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by TailGatr View Post
                All we have to do to prove that is win the trophy.

This trophy doesn't do a lot for me, but I bet it makes a decent dent in the athletic budget. In that regard, I'm all for it.

Its a bit two faced for people to wish for a friendlier, more sportsmanship rivalry, then complain about a trophy that could go a long ways to making the rivalry better.
                “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  The Dakota marker shares more then just the boarder, it shares the journey that SDSU and NDSU were willing to take together.
                  ^^^^well said...
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Just because someone is late to the party, doesn't mean they can't drink
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      We have more sports in common with NDSU then USD. Seems like it would be a better representation to have a trophy that the schools that are more alike. I say hype up the little brown jug. I am pretty sure the Student body presidents always made a silly wagger thing like you lose your pants if your teams loses or something. or their was something the student presidents were involved in.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        ... unless they never have a cup from which to drink.
                        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

We have more sports in common with NDSU then USD. Seems like it would be a better representation to have a trophy that the schools that are more alike. I say hype up the little brown jug. I am pretty sure the Student body presidents always made a silly wagger thing like you lose your pants if your teams loses or something. or their was something the student presidents were involved in.
                          Anymore most show their underwear when their pants are pulled "up". Maybe they could be humiliated by having to wear skinny jeans in public.
                          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

The Dakota marker shares more then just the boarder, it shares the journey that SDSU and NDSU were willing to take together.....
                            I join with CatRabbit's comment on the above statement: well stated, goon.

I'm not a fan of the new trophy concept. Nothing against USD behind my opinion...just think the Marker is special for the very reason stated by goon. Perhaps the idea will grow on me but for now, ala' tailgtr, I'm going to stop thinking about it.

Comment

Ugly finish to 1st half. But jacks up 2, 29 27

Comment

Working...
                              X