GDT: SIU Salukis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: SIU Salukis

I thought stig gave some love to the players!

Comment

Originally posted by common sense rabbit View Post
      Great play Sumner! Great win Jacks! Whats up by the way with Coach Stig after the game? Gave no love to anyone after the game for his 100th win. Like its just all expected? C'mon Stig- give it up to your players who bust their tail for u!
      Not sure what you are implying, but I GUARANTEE you this isn't a picture of Stig praising himself on his 100th win.

"Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Our defense was really stout at the end of the game. Here are the results of the last 6 series of the game for Southern Illinois.

3 Plays 7 yards Punt
        3 Plays 5 yards Fumble
        4 Plays -2 yards Punt
        3 Plays 4 yards Punt
        3 Plays 9 yards Punt
        3 Plays 5 yards Punt

The defense really kept us in this game and finally the offense came alive at the end to win. Great win for the program and Congratulations on Coach Stig's 100th win. Well deserved. Bring that Marker back home next week. I am coming out for the USD game and I want to see that Marker on display.

Go Jacks!!!
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Great play Sumner! Great win Jacks! Whats up by the way with Coach Stig after the game? Gave no love to anyone after the game for his 100th win. Like its just all expected? C'mon Stig- give it up to your players who bust their tail for u!
          I assume you are being sarcastic?
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

When you beat a close friend, Dale Lennon., to gain your 100 win, its takes a little courage to walk across the field to congradulate him. During the post game interview, he was praising the Lord and his players for the 100th win. He did down play it in saying that the players won the game.

Only 37 more and he will top Ralph Ginn's 136, so give the guy a break. Things are falling our way this year.

Comment

Columnist says Jacks should market film of that last drive into the wind. http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...ment_form=true

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                Columnist says Jacks should market film of that last drive into the wind. http://thesouthern.com/sports/colleg...ment_form=true
                I really think we should market film the final drive. All through this game it was so frustrating that we just could not get things going and SIU special teams kept making great plays such as the punts landing on the 5 yard line. I kept thinking was this game going to end in a win like several games in 2007-8-9 season? And to my amazement, we did pull it out in a skillful manner. Lets keep it rolling into next week. 1-0. Sumner probably has more talent than Andy Kardoes, but he also has his courage and that showed yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                  Speaking of which, I would love to see some highlights of that last drive, as I only listened to it on radio...

...and in other news, the swelling in my knee has gone down after nearly tearing my ACL from jumping up and down after that game winning touchdown.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Speaking of which, I would love to see some highlights of that last drive, as I only listened to it on radio...

...and in other news, the swelling in my knee has gone down after nearly tearing my ACL from jumping up and down after that game winning touchdown.
                    They should have highlights on Jackrabbits Insider tonight.

Comment

Hmmm....sounds like a parent.

Sumner and Tiefenthaler -- this game, that combo, will be talked about for years to come.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        I read through the relevant threads on SalukiTalk. I suppose the reaction isn't surprising from their point of view. But, no need for any other 'Rabbit fans to read it. Just take my word on that.
                        Well I did read through one thread about Kalen DeBoer who has SD connections and appears to be disappointing the fans with his style of offense play calling. One poster seems to think that Nov 17th will be Kalen last game as a Salukis coach. I can see their disappointment but in all truth, Lennon was forced to start his own program. I think he has some good athletes and the coaching there is is as good as anywhere. The fans seem to have high expectations from the Jerry Kill era just as the Youngstown fans have that yearning for the Tressel years. I look for SIU to be very good next year. They dont loose that many seniors. That punter should transfer to SDSU, we could use him.

Comment

Coach Stig is all about giving credit to his coaching staff and his players. I have never heard Coach Stig take any credit for any success his teams, players or coaching staff has. Coach Stig will however shoulder all the blame when things do not go right. I did listen to the post game interviews and Coach Stig was very complimentary of his team for never giving up.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Did you listen to Stig after the game? He didn't give a damn about his 100th win, instead he was so happy and excited that the team came back. I think when they first talked to him right after the game was over, he was still in shock as was everyone else. Tyler M asked him about the 100th win and he was just happy for his players, not him.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                              Did you listen to Stig after the game? He didn't give a damn about his 100th win, instead he was so happy and excited that the team came back. I think when they first talked to him right after the game was over, he was still in shock as was everyone else. Tyler M asked him about the 100th win and he was just happy for his players, not him.

My common sense tells me that this poster isnt really a Jack fan. He has 23 posts and most if not all are negative, bashing players and coaches. Maybe Lakes is back.

Comment

Check neg rep
                                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Working...
                                X