X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    I think we have to be prepared for no season or a start and suspension if a team gets inundated with infections.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Per Stig from Argus: "The cancellation of the Nebraska game leaves South Dakota State with back-to-back open dates on its schedule (Sept. 5, Sept. 12). Stiegelmeier said there is 'no doubt' they will try to replace the Huskers, be it with an FBS or FCS opponent. 'At this point, you'd try to get whoever you could,' he said."

Central Michigan was also slated to play Nebraska on Sept. 12th, which was an open date for SDSU. So Central Michigan would be a possibility (all speculation on my part).

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
    Big Ten reportedly will announce today they will only play conference games this year. Sept 19th game would be off the table. Unfortunately, I see this just as the beginning of these types of announcements. This also would have significant implications for our budget for the year losing that game on the schedule. https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...dule-this-fall
    I especially feel bad for the Nebraska Jacks, who I'm sure have had this date circled on their calendars for a long time.

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied
    The Ivy League has cancelled all sports until January 1st. That means no Ivy League football this year.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Big Ten reportedly will announce today they will only play conference games this year. Sept 19th game would be off the table. Unfortunately, I see this just as the beginning of these types of announcements. This also would have significant implications for our budget for the year losing that game on the schedule. https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/...dule-this-fall

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Big Ten is discussing dropping all non-conference games which would take SDSU off schedule (Sept 19th) if it goes through. Illinois State plays Illinois on Sept 4.
    https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/ten...ikely-for-2020

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    Thanks. My bad.
    #BeatTheBulldogs, whichever one it is.
    Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakPirate
    replied
    We were not scheduled to play Drake in 2020. We open on September 5 with Butler at home.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied
    *Nevermind.
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 07-07-2020, 04:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wr54
    replied
    Here is an interesting thread regarding Tarleton's transition to FCS. It even garners discussion about off the wall topics, such as Summit League football?! What I find interesting is the fact that many of these posters didn't see TSU joining the WAC. There they are, in 2020.

https://www.csnbbs.com/thread-846977-page-4.html

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied
    Originally posted by wr54 View Post
    Re: Future Schedules

Some insight on Tarleton State University. Located in Stephenville, TX. A town about the size of Brookings. Nearly identical in terms of undergraduate numbers. An hour and a half from the DFW metroplex. Part of the Texas A&M system, and noted for their strong agricultural/nursing programs, among others. Memorial Stadium seats 10K. They were a DII powerhouse, for the most part. Went undefeated in the regular season last year, and fielded an NFL draft pick.

I know a lot of TSU folks, since I used to live near "the ville", as it is called. I'm hoping to get together a group of traveling Texans, for the trip to Brookings. It will be a great opportunity, to bring Texas and Dakota folks together, as they tend to be like minded, for the most part. I was in The Pride, when we played Texas State and Stephen F Austin, those few years. They were fun games. Looking forward to a quality lone star opponent. TSU has beaten FCS programs, before. All I can say is we had better not take them for granted. Tarleton is probably better than the likes of Drake, Duquesne, Long Island, etc...
    They had a SID who was very vocal on D2Football board and was very certain that Josh Rankin would never play in the NFL. I suppose he was correct on that point. Tarleton is a very good program and probably in the middle of very good recruiting. I for one look for tough game.

Leave a comment:

• wr54
    replied

Some insight on Tarleton State University. Located in Stephenville, TX. A town about the size of Brookings. Nearly identical in terms of undergraduate numbers. An hour and a half from the DFW metroplex. Part of the Texas A&M system, and noted for their strong agricultural/nursing programs, among others. Memorial Stadium seats 10K. They were a DII powerhouse, for the most part. Went undefeated in the regular season last year, and fielded an NFL draft pick.

I know a lot of TSU folks, since I used to live near "the ville", as it is called. I'm hoping to get together a group of traveling Texans, for the trip to Brookings. It will be a great opportunity, to bring Texas and Dakota folks together, as they tend to be like minded, for the most part. I was in The Pride, when we played Texas State and Stephen F Austin, those few years. They were fun games. Looking forward to a quality lone star opponent. TSU has beaten FCS programs, before. All I can say is we had better not take them for granted. Tarleton is probably better than the likes of Drake, Duquesne, Long Island, etc...

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    I had no idea who Tarleton State was so I consulted the Intertubes . . . the Texans (aayup, Texans) are reclassing to D-I and FCS, going into the WAC and FCS independent.
    It’s odd that they are not headed to the Southland conference.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Our margin for error in seeding is small with NDSU's consistent run. No problem with FBS on the road and two cupcakes at home before a tough conference schedule.
    I agree. That's essentially how NDSU does it. Set yourself up to do well in the conference and seeding will take care of itself.

Leave a comment:

• Mr_Tibbs
    replied

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Dixie St is now 10/2/21. Or were they scheduled for two home games already?

11 games schedules completed through 2022 season. Each season w/ 6 home games.
    They had other Dixie State games scheduled besides the one next season, so I'm guessing the 2021 game was already on the books.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X