X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    April 12: renewal deadlineMay 1: information will be mailed about your specific allocation time and dateMay 13: reallocation starts
    Thanks. I misplaced the sheet with the info.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Looks like we be hosting Butler for our 12th game....... https://twitter.com/hartleyshuddle/s...75017542950913

Comment

I'll wait until its announced before I praise it too much, because it seems that when it comes to scheduling especially at the FCS level that nothing is final until they happen. But I like it, especially if its that first weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I'll wait until its announced before I praise it too much, because it seems that when it comes to scheduling especially at the FCS level that nothing is final until they happen. But I like it, especially if its that first weekend.
          Yeah, I forgot to type "might" between we and be. It looks like Butler has an open date for 8/31......let's hope this happens, a non-scholly team would make for a perfect 12th game.

Pioneer Schedules: http://www.college-sports-journal.co...eer-sched-2013

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206760621

Butler it is.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              This is completely my opinion, but I got my football season ticket renewal already. If they were expecting to add another home game I'm assuming these wouldn't be available yet. Looks like they'll head out on the road or not have a 12th game.

Also, Montana State bought out NDSU's home game this year. Surprised? Not a chance.
              I would just like to say that I was completely wrong. Won't be the last time.

Great job by our athletic department.
              Last edited by SDSUAlum08; 03-14-2013, 02:45 PM.
              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Butler at home to start the season and fill out the schedule. That's perfect. Well done.
                This space for lease.

Comment

Really good opening game for us. Non-scholly DI schools are the perfect opener because they give you a tune up game and a victory against them counts towards the playoffs.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

What do you mean non-scholly DI schools? I was unaware that non-scholarship programs existed in Division I football, even in the FCS.
                    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

The Amazing Google and Wikipedia gave me an answer to my own question. The Pioneer League is made up of non-scholarship teams which I didn't know. Interestingly, they league starting this year will receive an automatic qualifyer bid the the expanded FCS playoffs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pioneer_Football_League
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                        Butler at home to start the season and fill out the schedule. That's perfect. Well done.
                        Season ticket price up to $130 for the 6 game home schedule. I am very glad they got this done, now lets get there to support the guys in large numbers. Time to clean out the tailgating trailer and get ready for this fall.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

This is a great get and sets a great template for future seasons, I also like the thought of getting some relationships to book some home and away MBB games through the pipeline. 2away for 1 home would be a good get for MBB.

Comment

A few extra $$ added to season tickets is well worth another home game before Hobo Day. Any report on what we are paying to get Butler to come to Coughlin?

Also, Hobo Day is early this year, Oct. 5, and I believe Dakota Days conflicts with Hobo Day.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                              A few extra $$ added to season tickets is well worth another home game before Hobo Day. Any report on what we are paying to get Butler to come to Coughlin?

Also, Hobo Day is early this year, Oct. 5, and I believe Dakota Days conflicts with Hobo Day.
                              According to TV blog, Justin Sell is being rather tight lipped about the amount, since it will affect future negotiations for future games. Here is excerpt from his blog:

There was a cost, of course. Sell declined to disclose the exact amount that SDSU will pay for the game because he’s concerned that could hurt the Jacks in future one-game negotiations. He said it’s lower than the roughly $200,000 North Dakota State reportedly has payed for home games, but not by a lot. There’s less risk in that than there was, say, six years ago because the Jacks - coming off their second playoff berth in four years - now draw well at home regardless of the opponent.

I suspect it might be 160k to 190k range. Just my guess and in between the lines reading.

Comment

I am so glad we got a home game. A 7th road game would really suck. A home game even if it cost money means an extra chance to win a game to help get to playoffs I think is worth it. On my soap box now and I've said it before and will say it again having as many home games is so important to build a culture of sdsu football. If we want a nice shiny new stadium 5 home games won't cut it imo. 6 helps with bringing more revune which can help if having to pay a game to come in. But to build a stadium and increase fan support we need 6 home games more years then not. Especially if we can play 12 games then there are no excuses to not have 6-6.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X