X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Schedules

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Which would not be the case in Brookings at this time. I was at the playoff game this year, wasn't sold out. As Stig said, doesn't make sense for SDSU to"buy" home games at this time.
    This X 1E6. Not selling out a playoff game is a major issue. November weather and associated attendance, coupled with the fact I have a young family makes me want to re-visit...dare I say it....a Dome.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      I still don't undestand advocating for a 6th home game against a cupcake. Since playoff participants are selected by a committee rather than qualifying by record, wouldn't a win against a cupcake carry less weight in the selection committee's eyes?

NDSU gets in on past history alone (which they have earned), but we do not have that luxury.

I'll take a 6th home game, but it needs to be against a quality opponent. If we can't beat one at home, do we really deserve to be in the playoffs anyway? None of this "buying our way into the playoffs" garbage.

Not that we can trust the selection process anyways.........

You may think it is garbage, but the reputation of the MVFC is such that the scenario that was laid out is how it works. If you choose not to believe, so be it. Get to 7 D-I wins and you have a chance to get in. Get to 8 D-I wins from the MVFC and history has shown that you are in no matter the quality of your non-conference opponents. It is what it is.

Comment

This X 1E6. Not selling out a playoff game is a major issue. November weather and associated attendance, coupled with the fact I have a young family makes me want to re-visit...dare I say it....a Dome.
        Historically that first round weekend is a tough sell, because of Thanksgiving. Go look at the historical data and you will see it is just a fact. When SDSU went to Montana for the playoffs that game was not sold out - much bigger crowd then we had I'll grant you, but not sold out.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Until and unless (in no special order)
          1) the stadium re-build project is completed, and
          2) SDSU's attendance starts brushing up against 20,000 a game, and
          3) SDSU starts having sustained, repeated success in the post-season, up to and including a national championship or two of our own.
          Agreed with all of these and will add another. Increasing the donations to the Jackrabbit Club and endowment for athletic scholarships.
          We...ARE...STATE!
          SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Agreed. I dome should be given serious reconsideration.
            We...ARE...STATE!
            SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Just say no to the dome. Yes to the practice facility. Yes to better and more seating with more room. Yes, God yes, to decent bathrooms. Yes to better concessions. But no to the dome.
              Last edited by JackFan96; 02-16-2013, 08:54 AM.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

This is completely my opinion, but I got my football season ticket renewal already. If they were expecting to add another home game I'm assuming these wouldn't be available yet. Looks like they'll head out on the road or not have a 12th game.

Also, Montana State bought out NDSU's home game this year. Surprised? Not a chance.
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                  This is completely my opinion, but I got my football season ticket renewal already. If they were expecting to add another home game I'm assuming these wouldn't be available yet. Looks like they'll head out on the road or not have a 12th game.

Also, Montana State bought out NDSU's home game this year. Surprised? Not a chance.
                  Yes I am surprised, apparently they got their sixth home game, probably with Chadron.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes I am surprised, apparently they got their sixth home game, probably with Chadron.
                    I almost feel bad for NDSU

Does Drake count as a D-I win? Or any non-scholarship D-I team?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                      Does Drake count as a D-I win? Or any non-scholarship D-I team?
                      Yes and Yes.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

We turned down an offer to play Baylor this year.
                        We...ARE...STATE!
                        SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks View Post
                          We turned down an offer to play Baylor this year.
                          That has been the rumor.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Any speculation on why? I realize it makes 2 FBS games, but had to come with some cash. It seems we're always searching for that.

Comment

For season ticket holders, when do we find out the date that we can call in/log onto the computer to pick our seats?

I renewed, but I haven't received my date yet. I just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
                              Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                                For season ticket holders, when do we find out the date that we can call in/log onto the computer to pick our seats?

I renewed, but I haven't received my date yet. I just want to make sure I didn't miss it.
                                April 12: renewal deadline
                                May 1: information will be mailed about your specific allocation time and date
                                May 13: reallocation starts

Comment

Working...
                                X