X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Missouri State - Beef Bowl

[QUOTE=Nidaros;208950]
    Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Offense was ugly on both sides of the ball. The MSU fumble by the qb was ugly and as were his interceptions, why not complain about those plays? The bottom line, the game was a battle of two good defensive teams. What else would you expect but an ugly offensive game.
    So are you satisfied playing down to a conference bottom feeder? Maybe they are the best 0-5 team in the country, I guess we will find out how good we actually are when we get to the teeth of our schedule.

I'm sorry for being negative, but I really felt like this was an opportunity to get our passing game going. Hopefully Sumners thumb heals in the next two weeks.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I listened to the game on the radio and heard Tyler mention after at least 3 passes that "Sumner was lucky that one was not intercepted". He's obviously going to have to make significant strides over the next couple weeks or it could get rough down the stretch. We can't count on Zenner to break an 80-yarder every game, he's getting worked to death and odds are that he's going to get dinged up eventually. At least the off-week is coming at a pretty good time to rest Zenner and get Sumner and the OL healthy.

The defense continues to impress me though. If they keep improving we should have a chance against the top-tier teams.

Comment

[QUOTE=WestSideRabbit;208952]
        Originally posted by Nidaros View Post

So are you satisfied playing down to a conference bottom feeder? Maybe they are the best 0-5 team in the country, I guess we will find out how good we actually are when we get to the teeth of our schedule.

I'm sorry for being negative, but I really felt like this was an opportunity to get our passing game going. Hopefully Sumners thumb heals in the next two weeks.
        The team is 0-5, but looking at MSU defense, they are as good or as nearly as good as we are. I dont think their defense is a bottom feeder.

Comment

West Side: But were't you arguing last year that a win was a win and it made no difference if Sumner threw for one yard? Am confused, not that that is a rare occurrence.
          C Sense: Those team record arguments don't make a hill of beans difference when you consider had the Jacks not gone 4-1 those teams would be about .500 with schedules that included six FBS opponents, including two ranked in the Top 25.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
            West Side: But were't you arguing last year that a win was a win and it made no difference if Sumner threw for one yard? Am confused, not that that is a rare occurrence.
            C Sense: Those team record arguments don't make a hill of beans difference when you consider had the Jacks not gone 4-1 those teams would be about .500 with schedules that included six FBS opponents, including two ranked in the Top 25.
            Key words are "last year." After as poor of a start as we got off to last year I was happy with anything good. Am I happy we won yesterday? Hell yes! Do I think our offense can play better? Yes, you'd be a fool not to have that as your expectation.

Our defense and running game are too good to let a poor passing offense ruin the season, because it will bite us if it doesn't improve. This could be a special team this year and I don't see how I am wrong for expecting more from our passing game. I for one, am hoping Sumner comes out in two weeks and makes me eat my words.
            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Not a great game, but we won. Remaining schedule suggests that we will be favored in three of the final six (WIU, USD, SIU) and one of the games where we'll be underdogs will be at home for Hobo Day.

I'm going to just be happy with where we are. The defense is very good and Sumner will come around. I thought he was throwing it better last night, but was pressing to make plays.
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                For the record, it was Godley, not Wright.

Horrible horrible play. I hope he got ripped on the sideline for that.
                Yes, I caught that, later, I swear they called Wright over the speaker last night, or some other fan called it out. I apologize to Mr. Wright.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  Yes, I caught that, later, I swear they called Wright over the speaker last night, or some other fan called it out. I apologize to Mr. Wright.
                  From where I was sitting in Section F, it was No 21 Godley who got the INT., Dom is no 10 and did not see the field at all that I recall. Winston is 14 and would have been on the other side of the field. I am sure its a play that David regrets very much. He has been battling No22 Butler for playing time, and I can see how he might want to take a risk in securing his position as a starter. It backfired badly, we can all agree on that. As everyone else said, we won the game, but not every battle and we won ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    Key words are "last year." After as poor of a start as we got off to last year I was happy with anything good. Am I happy we won yesterday? Hell yes! Do I think our offense can play better? Yes, you'd be a fool not to have that as your expectation.

Our defense and running game are too good to let a poor passing offense ruin the season, because it will bite us if it doesn't improve. This could be a special team this year and I don't see how I am wrong for expecting more from our passing game. I for one, am hoping Sumner comes out in two weeks and makes me eat my words.
                    Well said, I agree with all of this. People (NoVa) realize it is possible to be happy with 4-1 and still be critical and looking for improvement, right?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Well said, I agree with all of this. People (NoVa) realize it is possible to be happy with 4-1 and still be critical and looking for improvement, right?
                      Oh yeah and this thread will not die for some time to come. I dont have a problem with that.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        Not a great game, but we won. Remaining schedule suggests that we will be favored in three of the final six (WIU, USD, SIU) and one of the games where we'll be underdogs will be at home for Hobo Day.

I'm going to just be happy with where we are. The defense is very good and Sumner will come around. I thought he was throwing it better last night, but was pressing to make plays.

I have not heard anything from Coach Stig yet.....but I can bet you that he will say something like --- just another Valley football game and you better come ready to play or you will get beat. Last Saturday night was a good example of that. Missouri State will win a couple of games this year and we need to consider ourselves fortuneate that one of those wins was not last night.

Good win gentlemen.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          I am having fun reading everyone's take on the game. Are the off the tackles runs still working Goon? I think they are, like the 88 yard one was off the tackle.
                          Thankfully 1 did. Other wise we win 10-7. If you like vanilla play calling this game was good for you. If we didn't have the nations leading rusher we would be in a world of hurt. I would just like to see the team give him some help. Bet ya if the passing game doesn't improve he won't get over a 30 yard run against ndsu. Eventually he won't be able to bust long ones to bail the team. I guess let's enjoy it while he is.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I listened to the game on the Belle Fourche network affiliate KBFS 1450. It was a tough game to listen to because I think Tyler calls the games accurately. But, the errors can be corrected (great timing for the bye week) and I'm still very optimistic about this team.

Cruised through Spearfish Canyon this morning before returning to the east. Lost all the negative vibe looking at the fall colors on an outstanding day.

Go Jacks!

Comment

UNI seems over-rated. But the Jacks probably will have to improve, as RabbitObsessed suggested earlier in the thread, to compete with NDSU and Youngstown. At least Youngstown will be the Hobo Day game. That should help.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                I listened to the game on the Belle Fourche network affiliate KBFS 1450. It was a tough game to listen to because I think Tyler calls the games accurately. But, the errors can be corrected (great timing for the bye week) and I'm still very optimistic about this team.

Cruised through Spearfish Canyon this morning before returning to the east. Lost all the negative vibe looking at the fall colors on an outstanding day.

Go Jacks!
                                That kind of vista will cure a long of things... thanks for bringing the image.

Comment

Working...
                                X