Defining Moment For This Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defining Moment For This Team

I'm not sure whether a teams fans can have a real effect on the actual play of their team, especially electronic fans on a forum board, but I really hate settling. I'm glad the fan base didn't have to settle, or tell themselves losing to a #24 conference foe was ok. Championship caliber teams don't ever seem to have that kind of talk around them. Here's to higher expectations.

Comment

Call me a believer and officially proven wrong!! I'm happy to type that without a doubt! Also wrong about SELA being one of the worst teams in the FCS. Beat a pretty good McNeese team. Nice work Z, cant wait to see you play again along with these two lines! Keep Dominating Fellas!Go Jacks!!!
      Last edited by propar80; 09-24-2012, 07:38 AM.
      SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

i still feel like this team is very young and could be prone to laying an egg at some point.

I'm not being negative at all as I love what I am seeing develop. I just think the polaroid picture needs to be shaken some more before its clear.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
          i still feel like this team is very young and could be prone to laying an egg at some point.

I'm not being negative at all as I love what I am seeing develop. I just think the polaroid picture needs to be shaken some more before its clear.
          I just hope the team stays focused and is able to get better because there's def. room for improvement and there def. more than capable of being very legit. Basically I just want to witness them have success and be on board :/ I kind of take alot of pride in being a fan of SDSU football. Mainly because I'm hardcore like that

Comment

This last game was one of many defining moments for this team,there will be more as the team develops,more goals accomplished and set,more demons exorcized,basically,as new situations arrise demanding yet more defining moments to be declared.Isn't being a Fan great?If I were to define this team,I'd probably say it's a body of work in progress,trying to find it's own identity,showing great promise, but still rounding off the rough edges.By the end of the season,we'll probably witness a really great team,that's what I'm hoping for,and kind of expecting too!

Comment

What i saw and heard on TV's live chat Saturday were very different...

I saw a team that can run the ball effectively at all points of the game.

I saw a team that isn't cornered into relying on an explosive pass game, which is nice to have in the pocket.

I saw a team that plays assignment defense pretty damn good!

I saw a defensive line that moves the line of scrimmage and gets their hands up when needed.

I saw a team with resolve that bent but never broke.

I saw a winner.

I think the win the Jacks EARNED... was well deserved because of the work they have put in on and off the field.

Improvements? sure there can be plenty...but i saw a developing team that is good at fundamentals... I will take that any day.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                Correct, SDSU has SIU this year, no game vs I'll St. What about Bison?
                Here's a list of no-plays for 2012 and 2013:

Illinois State - SDSU
                Indiana State - UNI
                Missouri State - Youngstown St.
                NDSU - Western Illinois
                Southern Illinois - USD

Comment

The funny thing is, I can see that too, but I can just as well see us play out of our mind and beat a team we weren't suppose to beat. Young teams can be hard to predict.
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

TV's story in today's Argus Leader talks about how this team has turned into a consistent winner, following a trend started last season.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                      Sumner plays a good game and Zenner shows that he is the best back in this game behind our O-line. The defense will continue to impress. Jacks win 27-13.

Don't know about all this signature win stuff. I kinda like Stig's let's go 1-0 this week.

My focus will be on our special teams. Let's face it, through three weeks they have been BRUTAL and could've cost us the game last week. We won't be so lucky against a quality team. We don't need big plays from special teams but we can't afford the mental mistakes and protection breakdowns. Hopefully there has been some real focus put on this area in prep this week.

That's my $.02! GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      kudos for this prediction, SuperB

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                        kudos for this prediction, SuperB
                        Thanks! On to the next defining moment this week!

The thing I'm most excited about is that I don't think we have played our best game or even close to it. Sumner is going to tear it up at some point. We still have a few guys coming back from injury. The special teams play hasn't played a collectively good game. Just like the thought of how good we will be when we put that together. Going to have to to get a big win against the top teams.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          The funny thing is, I can see that too, but I can just as well see us play out of our mind and beat a team we weren't suppose to beat. Young teams can be hard to predict.
                          *Cough* Nebraska 2013 *Cough*

Comment

Of course that is possible. However, I'm getting that feeling that this team is really developing some character, which doesn't guarantee anything but it will give them something to draw on when times get tough and they face adversity throughout the season. That and the improvement of the special teams and passing game could equal something special this year.

Nothing is guaranteed. On to the next challenge.
                            The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

I would say the skill positions Sumner, Zenner(backed by Gandy) then Lally and Butler, and I'm not going to complain about any of those guys. Other than that the rest are Jr's and Sr's. So if they lay an egg, I don't think youth will be the excuse.
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

From TV story: "SDSU has allowed 66 yards in net rushing over the last three games, all against FCS scholarship squads."

This is some serious defense folks, especially since one of the opponents had the nation's leading rusher at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X