Defining Moment For This Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Defining Moment For This Team

Ok- let me clarify a little. Just winning the game will not make it a defining moment. It is only a defining moment if we play better in the two areas we have shown problems and win the game. If we somehow find a way to win but still have punt return problems that cost us field position and inconsistent passing game then it really won't mean that much to many people. Many will still be saying it won't be good enough to beat UNI or NDSU (and rightly so). If we show improvement in those two areas I still feel it can bode well for the rest of the season.

Comment

"Just Win, Baby."

- Al Davis

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
        Completely Agree. We have ZERO signature wins...I'm not sure we even have a "good" win considering I don't believe UC Davis is that good and we only beat them by 4 points...at home and I know SELA might end up being one of the worst teams in the FCS this year.In the end, this team has a lot to prove as of yet, and I'll be honest, for me, I saw another 6-5, 5-6 team(especially offense/spec. teams) on the field on Saturday. I'm definitely hoping and expecting this team to prove me wrong though!!Go Jacks!!
        Truth. And rep points. Lose this one and we'll have to beat a heavyweight - NDSU, UNI or Youngstown - to get to seven wins. And we play the Bison and Panthers on the road. The team I watched Saturday is not good enough to do that. The passing game and special teams must improve dramatically. The good news? There's lots of room to get better in those areas. Don't underestimate the importance of this game. It would be a very good week to go 1-0.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Must win? No. Defining Win? Yes. Important win? Yes. Truth is that this game isn't a must win but would be a signature win and would make it a heck of a lot easier to make the playoffs or to finish with at least 7 wins. If the Jacks lose this game it would make it harder to make the playoffs or even just get to 7 wins, and we could see another 6 win season and no playoffs again.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

7 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, just check last year. We better get all the wins we can, and it doesn't matter how we do it ugly or beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by poppa1 View Post
              7 wins doesn't guarantee a playoff spot, just check last year. We better get all the wins we can, and it doesn't matter how we do it ugly or beautiful.
              you speak the truth. The goal has to be 8 wins and you aren't sweatin' getting in, 7 wins and a "probably" will leave us hoping at the end of the year. 8 wins will be hard as hell. The MVFC is just stacked this year, even my blue colored glasses are flickering.......
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Must win? No. Defining Win? Yes. Important win? Yes. Truth is that this game isn't a must win but would be a signature win and would make it a heck of a lot easier to make the playoffs or to finish with at least 7 wins. If the Jacks lose this game it would make it harder to make the playoffs or even just get to 7 wins, and we could see another 6 win season and no playoffs again.

No.....this is a must win - if the Jacks plan on making the playoffs? NDSU and UNI on the road and Youngstown even at home will be extemely difficult to win. I am counting on wins vs Missouri State, Southern Ill, Western and USD - that gets us to 6 and out of the playoffs. A win today over Indiana State gets us to 7 wins and MAYBE a playoff spot. A win vs Youngstown at home on HOBO DAY will get us into the playoffs. Far to may quality teams - including IS - in the Valley to not consider today as a must win.

That said - Jacks 28 and IS 17.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I predict a dog fight,both sides view game as must win(?)Close game,17-14,winner?....whoever wants it the most and guts it out.Hopefully,thats our guys.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    I predict a dog fight,both sides view game as must win(?)Close game,17-14,winner?....whoever wants it the most and guts it out.Hopefully,thats our guys.
                    You got it.

Comment

Sumner plays a good game and Zenner shows that he is the best back in this game behind our O-line. The defense will continue to impress. Jacks win 27-13.

Don't know about all this signature win stuff. I kinda like Stig's let's go 1-0 this week.

My focus will be on our special teams. Let's face it, through three weeks they have been BRUTAL and could've cost us the game last week. We won't be so lucky against a quality team. We don't need big plays from special teams but we can't afford the mental mistakes and protection breakdowns. Hopefully there has been some real focus put on this area in prep this week.

That's my $.02! GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm not willing to consider the first conference game of the season, on the road, a must-win. Indiana State could run the table. So could the Jacks. So could Youngstown or NDSU. But it's unlikely any of them will go undefeated in conference play. Let's at least wait for a couple more conference games before we talk about must-wins.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

From an outsider's perspective, that was a must win for your playoff future. I think you guys will make the field if you win the rest of the games you are "supposed to win", even if you lose 4 games. You don't play Illinois State, right?Also, for anyone wondering...I have been up all night with the flu. Didn't even drink at the tailgate today and threw up twice on my drive home. Nasty stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                            Also, for anyone wondering...I have been up all night with the flu. Didn't even drink at the tailgate today and threw up twice on my drive home. Nasty stuff!
                            Ahh, got sick of watching your team play patsies huh?
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by HandoEX View Post
                              From an outsider's perspective, that was a must win for your playoff future. I think you guys will make the field if you win the rest of the games you are "supposed to win", even if you lose 4 games. You don't play Illinois State, right?Also, for anyone wondering...I have been up all night with the flu. Didn't even drink at the tailgate today and threw up twice on my drive home. Nasty stuff!
                              Correct, SDSU has SIU this year, no game vs I'll St. What about Bison?
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                Correct, SDSU has SIU this year, no game vs I'll St. What about Bison?
                                We dodged a very good WIU program for the next couple seasons. Oh well, can't play every cupcake, right?

Not playing ISUr is a blessing, they are legit.

Comment

Working...
                                X