Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Video Highlights from SLU game

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Yes we did get a big break on that TD, Sumner was 10 yards over the line of scrimmage. The line was 47 of SDSU and he threw at the LION 43. I guess the Southland Refs are not perfect either. But I will take it. Sumner needs to be more careful. He can do the job although his thumb is about 80 to 90 percent.
    Not quite....per the condensed game video (7:38) the LOS was the Lion 46.5, maybe 47 yd line...regardless, Sumner released at the 46, at least a half yard past the LOS.

I'll take it.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Not quite....per the condensed game video (7:38) the LOS was the Lion 46.5, maybe 47 yd line...regardless, Sumner released at the 46, at least a half yard past the LOS.

I'll take it.
      Not trying to start a pi*s fight with a skunk, but my comment was based on the SLU hightlight film where the homer guy says the line of scrimmage was the LION 43 and Sumner threw at the LION 47. Last night at the difference makers meeting they showed this play and it looked like 10 yards beyond the LOS. Any rate we got a big break.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

I'll take it.
        I think you're right. That's what I saw on the condensed game video. I watched it several times to be sure. Either way, refs are human. That's football.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
          I think you're right. That's what I saw on the condensed game video. I watched it several times to be sure. Either way, refs are human. That's football.
          That throw, however, was not human.

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
            Agreed.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Yes. You are correct. He threw from the 46. He was NOT 10 yards beyond the LOS.
              LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                Yes I conceed that it was not ten yards, but maybe 3 yards over. Also note the homer guy from SLU said that Coach Ron Roberts was protesting the no call on the play. I think we can agree to that we got a ref break. I am not that detailed on the responsiblities of the officals, but one of them has to watch the LOS and if the qb crosses it. This time the human ref missed his call. I am done.. The game is in the record books as a win, that we can all agree on

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  Exactly...and a few years ago the NCAA adopted the same ruling as the NFL basically saying that the entire body has to be across the LOS for it to be an illegal forward pass. Watch the video again and now it gets a whole lot closer to being a legal pass, based on where his back foot is at the time of release.
                  "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Yes I conceed that it was not ten yards, but maybe 3 yards over.
                    Still no...a half yard to a yard, tops. Irregarless, over the LOS and should've been flagged.

I'll still take it.

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                    Exactly...and a few years ago the NCAA adopted the same ruling as the NFL basically saying that the entire body has to be across the LOS for it to be an illegal forward pass. Watch the video again and now it gets a whole lot closer to being a legal pass, based on where his back foot is at the time of release.
                    Interesting...then perhaps not illegal then. Close play.

I'll still take it.
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Danger41 View Post
                      The best part about that throw was how he moved around in the pocket to avoid the rush and stepped way up to make the play. Made even better by the fact that the announcers brought up his "complete lack of mobility" twice earlier in the video when he got sacked. Anyone wanna bet that they had never seen him play and just saw that he had low rushing yards? What, no one wants to take that bet? Mobility =/= rushing yards, idiots.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

RO is right. That should be fast enough. How about software? Have you kept your software updated?
                        That's a good question. I know that it seems like every time I go to gojacks.com it's asking me to update my Silverlight software but I'm pretty sure it's up to date. I'm running a MacBook Pro with 8GB memory and 2.66 GHz processor so the computer isn't the issue.

But like KUlawJack said, the video stops 2-3 times on each play and sits for 5-10 seconds before it starts again. What's weird is that I don't have any issues watching the Jackrabbit Insider, just the condensed games.

Comment

Working...
                        X