Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fall Camp

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
    I had heard this move was coming. Also had heard that the gap between No. 1 and No. 2 RBs is wide, if not cavernous, making the loss of depth Winterboer provided a bit concerning.
    This I hadn't heard. I was told that Gandy impressed this spring and was expected to be the "real deal". Does that mean Zenner has dropped off some.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I actually thought as a Soph. that Kool was our best WR. Now, Rollin certainly improved a great deal last season, but with Kool and Rollin, that would (hopefully) ease the loss of Moss.

Also excited about the TE's this year. Daughters we lost for the season last year in the first game, Benedetto although not a world beater, got a ton of experience last year, and Cam Jones redshirted... and I heard from someone (I can't remember who, or I'd say) that he was the most athletic and possibly the best TE on the roster.

I'm also surprised to hear that the gap between #1 and #2 running back is wide. I thought it was probably Zenner's job to lose, but had heard Gandy was looking really good. Unless, like doc said, that Gandy has already passed Zenner, which would be surprising.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Does that mean Zenner has dropped off some.
        Not by the way it was put to me. Entering fall camp -- Zenner is the clear No. 1; he's the real deal; has the instincts; going to be an outstanding running back. And Gandy is, not suprisingly, young, green, lots to learn, but tons of potential.
        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I liked what I saw from Zenner last year and I like what I hear about Gandy, so the best case scenario is that they both contribute to a much improved rushing attack. Two good backs can keep each other fresh and wear down defenses.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

I could see a 20 per/game for Zenner and 10ish per/game for Gandy if all we have heard is true. Between the tackles Zenner's experience and toughness is going to shine but also nice to have the option in Gandy of a change of pace shifty guy to stretch the defense to the sidelines and on screens.

I think kool makes a very difficult cover for any CB in the conference he is shifty and so quick he will be a great asset on timing routes.

If Sumner takes a good sized step forward this year, this offense could be an incredibly fun show to watch.

Now it is just down to being as good as advertised, putting the pads and helmets on, and winning each play (+1)!!

GO JACKS!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
              Not by the way it was put to me. Entering fall camp -- Zenner is the clear No. 1; he's the real deal; has the instincts; going to be an outstanding running back. And Gandy is, not suprisingly, young, green, lots to learn, but tons of potential.
              Similar to what I heard. I think Zenner can be really special and Gandy will compliment him perfectly. Stay healthy.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone hear anything on how camp is going?

Comment

Injury-filled to a concerning degree, according to TV's latest blog. There's a lot of worrisome news, especially concerning, offensive line, wide receiver and running back options. Yikes!

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...hronicles-8-17
                  Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Wow, the offense is hurting right now. That's too bad because I think there is at least a slight chance that the Kansas game could provide a historic win. That challenge gets a lot bigger if you are missing multiple starters.

Comment

Sure seems like a lot of injuries happening in spring ball. I know some are to be expected and for the fact there is probably more contact and chance for injury during 1 week of spring ball practice they guys get all season during games but it either means guys are playing really hard they are getting injured or they were not conditioned well coming into camp. My guess is its the first. Zenner and Gandy better stay healthy along with Rollins. Havent heard much about Trevor T. Last camp sounded like he was lights out amazing not dropping a pass untill i think he hurt his wrist or some sort of injury really affected his season.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        Injury-filled to a concerning degree, according to TV's latest blog. There's a lot of worrisome news, especially concerning, offensive line, wide receiver and running back options. Yikes!

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/pos...hronicles-8-17
                        Just terrific...
                        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

The OL injuries are the most worrisome. Not too worried about the RB, took Stig all of 2011 to realize he had a third RB(Clare). WR I think we were pretty deep at anyways.

Did anyone ever say why Winterboer quit the team? I know it's probably rumor why he did anyways. I don't know why you wouldn't at least for a year, fight for the position.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                            The OL injuries are the most worrisome. Not too worried about the RB, took Stig all of 2011 to realize he had a third RB(Clare). WR I think we were pretty deep at anyways.Did anyone ever say why Winterboer quit the team? I know it's probably rumor why he did anyways. I don't know why you wouldn't at least for a year, fight for the position.
                            Not sure why but he was a walkon right? Much harder to fight for a position when you're not getting your school paid for.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Those injuries are very concerning, season is only 2 weeks away. Sounds like Fick wont play first week or 2, hoping closer to 3 weeks, not 6. I think we have depth at OL but you cant replace the experience Fick has with starting going on 4 years. I was told that this off season was the most intense workouts they have had in 5 years. Injuries happen, guys need to step up, its the circle of playing in the trenches you just hope they are minimized. What makes me nervous is the running game, passing I think we will be alright but its important we get off to a good start running the ball.

Comment

I think we will be ok. I like Kool moving to receiver, but we need to get all of our playmakers on the field and I think Trevor T is one of them. You are right Goon, he was talked about heavily last Fall but then got hurt and then Moss came into the mix.

Comment

Working...
                                X