Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Single game tickets on sale soon.

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    I remember the old depantsing football game bet between student senate presidents. I know it carried through, at least sporadically, into the mid-90's. No photo evidence in my archives, though. Guess we're really off topic now. Sorry. But not too sorry. :-)
    Well I glad some one recalls and some of these things do hang on. The photo that I thinking of includes a picture of SDSU Student Asscoiation President Patterson, I dont recall his first name but he went on to be on the Faculty at Harvard and most likely has retired by now. He was a Distinguished Alum a few years back. During Student days he was often seen in the company of Prof emertius Bob Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
      SOLD OUT......gonna have to rely on the SDSU ticket office
      Somehow there always seems to be plenty of empty seats at these "sold out" games. Likely a very reasonable explanation for this. Ill listen to the game on WNAX.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The game will be on TV - FCS - Fox College Sports. I will be in my man cave

http://www.valley-football.org/multimedia/default/

Comment

Reserved tickets for the USD game are sold out. That didn't take long. Guess there will be a lot of USD students shelling out 40 bucks to stand, eh?

Lots and lots of good seats remain for every other game, which isn't a surprise, I suppose.
          Last edited by JackFan96; 08-02-2012, 11:58 AM.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Our old friend in the blue hat and man on the move says via Twitter that some folks in the Athletic Dept. are thinking big, awfully big:

"Could the State-U game see over 20,000 people? At least 3 people in the SDSU athletic dept think so. Ticket sales won't be cut off for game"

IMHO, from here on out, it's a weather game. The only caveat is that if it's meaningful from a playoff standpoint.
            @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
            --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post

IMHO, from here on out, it's a weather game. The only caveat is that if it's meaningful from a playoff standpoint.
              Not sure what you mean by this. You mean people will decide whether they go depending on weather?

On a yearly basis, or every other year when SDSU hosts, anyhow, the USD will be the final game of the season to assure a good draw even if the weather is bad. Same goes for the NDSU game, I reckon, in the years we host them and play the U on the road.
              Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                Not sure what you mean by this. You mean people will decide whether they go depending on weather?

On a yearly basis, or every other year when SDSU hosts, anyhow, the USD will be the final game of the season to assure a good draw even if the weather is bad. Same goes for the NDSU game, I reckon, in the years we host them and play the U on the road.
                Obviously it will be a good draw either way, but I think what JFNE meant is that weather will determine whether it is merely a good draw or a historic attendance.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Will need good weather and both teams having respectable seasons (near .500 or above) to get 20,000 in attendance. $40 is a lot for SRO tickets. Heck it only costs $29 to get a SRO ticket to the Dallas Cowboys at Jerry World. I didn't get my reserved tickets purchased in time ( and am way too old to get in on a student ID), but if the weather is decent & the Yotes are having a decent year, I will likely fork over $40.
                  USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    Somehow there always seems to be plenty of empty seats at these "sold out" games. Likely a very reasonable explanation for this. Ill listen to the game on WNAX.
                    Different year this year, plus the AD still gets the $$$$
                    BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                      Obviously it will be a good draw either way, but I think what JFNE meant is that weather will determine whether it is merely a good draw or a historic attendance.
                      Exactly. Those serious fans made sure to get their tickets long before reserves sold out. That leaves mostly the more casual fans who likely will wait to see what the forecast is. If it's good to great, they'll plan to be there and may buy tickets a few days in advance. If it's iffy or worse, they may wait until gameday or just plan to stay warm and watch it on TV. If the weather is iffy and neither team's having a particularly good year, I think the attendance record is safe. If the weather is good to great and the Jacks are knocking at the playoff door, then WOW!

If we don't sell another ticket, and if my math's correct, doesn't the revenue from this game alone already top the U's ticket revenue for its entire athletic program last year? And if we did sell 15,000 to 20,000 tickets at $40 a pop, might the revenue top the U's for the last two years combined?
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        Exactly. Those serious fans made sure to get their tickets long before reserves sold out. That leaves mostly the more casual fans who likely will wait to see what the forecast is. If it's good to great, they'll plan to be there and may buy tickets a few days in advance. If it's iffy or worse, they may wait until gameday or just plan to stay warm and watch it on TV. If the weather is iffy and neither team's having a particularly good year, I think the attendance record is safe. If the weather is good to great and the Jacks are knocking at the playoff door, then WOW!

If we don't sell another ticket, and if my math's correct, doesn't the revenue from this game alone already top the U's ticket revenue for its entire athletic program last year? And if we did sell 15,000 to 20,000 tickets at $40 a pop, might the revenue top the U's for the last two years combined?
                        Got it. I think we'll be in the 15,000 range unless there is a bunch of snow on the ground. But if the teams have a decent year and the weather is even reasonable, I think we could be north of that total. Just my two cents, though.

Comment

I know of more then a few people who haven't been to a USD or SDSU game in 10 + years who claim they are going to this game. I think the fact that the ticket office is saying we won't quit selling tickets might hurt the actual attendance if weather or poor records become part of the play. I don't know of too many people are going to buy $40 SRO tickets in August for a November game, when the guys selling tickets say you can buy them on game day if you want. I think it will be 15,000 no matter what. could be 20K if its good weather and/or good records.

Comment

Not all tickets are $40. Grades K-12 pay $15.00 for a ticket. Even so, gross ticket sales should easily exceed $500,000 or $600,000.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Not all tickets are $40. Grades K-12 pay $15.00 for a ticket. Even so, gross ticket sales should easily exceed $500,000 or $600,000.
                              Well, you have to take some of that away because of the student section. I suppose that's 2,500 seats or so, if you include the band. But...your point is still valid.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                                Not questioning the numbers, they may be very correct. In reflecting the D1 move, it might not have been such a good deal to slam the door on competition with USD during the transition period. If future games are competitive, this should be a money maker for both USD and SDSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X