New Home Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Home Jersey

I might just be a new age person, but I would drool over a Blackout jersey and pants (similar to men's basketball) with Blue OR Yellow helmets and blue OR yellow #'s, athletic tape... Say what you will be color has an effect subconsciously its been proven in study after study... Black with blue/yellow would get national and recruiting attention among just looking slick!

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteve View Post
      I might just be a new age person, but I would drool over a Blackout jersey and pants (similar to men's basketball) with Blue OR Yellow helmets and blue OR yellow #'s, athletic tape... Say what you will be color has an effect subconsciously its been proven in study after study... Black with blue/yellow would get national and recruiting attention among just looking slick!
      All black with yellow numbers and yellow Writing on jerseys as well as logo on helmet would be sick. And yes, it is proven (ala Oregon) that jerseys can help a program or hurt a program(ala Baylor)
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        All black with yellow numbers and yellow Writing on jerseys as well as logo on helmet would be sick. And yes, it is proven (ala Oregon) that jerseys can help a program or hurt a program(ala Baylor)
        Is Baylor hurting? 8th for men's basketball and 13th in football isn't exactly hurting in my book.

On the topic of the thread, I don't really care if we wear hunter orange. As long as we win.

If we are going to get gaudy/non-traditional/silly with all yellow or all black, why not get an alternate jersey that will really stand out from other schools while celebrating our state heritage.

That's right folks, I'm talking about HUNTER/BLAZE ORANGE alternate jerseys with a pheasant on the helmet. That would create a ton of buzz around the program, although it would be pretty expensive for one game every other year or so. Maybe they could get some money from the state tourism department for promotion or something.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
          Is Baylor hurting? 8th for men's basketball and 13th in football isn't exactly hurting in my book.On the topic of the thread, I don't really care if we wear hunter orange. As long as we win.If we are going to get gaudy/non-traditional/silly with all yellow or all black, why not get an alternate jersey that will really stand out from other schools while celebrating our state heritage. That's right folks, I'm talking about HUNTER/BLAZE ORANGE alternate jerseys with a pheasant on the helmet. That would create a ton of buzz around the program, although it would be pretty expensive for one game every other year or so. Maybe they could get some money from the state tourism department for promotion or something.
          A top 10 recruit in basketball that would have been their highest recruit didn't go there because of their colors and went to UK so ya it did. It has also been well documented that since Oregon went to their new jerseys it became national attention and recruits wanted to go there. As far as the camo jerseys. I kinda like the idea and they could be pretty sweet if they were well done and it would create buzz but there needs to be an all black jersey plain and simple.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            A top 10 recruit in basketball that would have been their highest recruit didn't go there because of their colors and went to UK so ya it did. It has also been well documented that since Oregon went to their new jerseys it became national attention and recruits wanted to go there. As far as the camo jerseys. I kinda like the idea and they could be pretty sweet if they were well done and it would create buzz but there needs to be an all black jersey plain and simple.
            How many recruits has Baylor gotten because of their colors that we don't hear about. Just sayin'.

I prefer sticking with blue, yellow, or white for SDSU jerseys. IMO, the all black thing is a little played out.

Here's another crazy idea. We are the jackrabbits, how about a gray alternate uniform? Gray is the new black anyway with several majors doing gray alternates now. West Virginia's (potential) new gray is shown below.

“I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
              We can strive to be like the Bison in a lot of ways, but PLEASE not a yellow jersey. The NDSU yellow jersey could be the most god-awful pile of crap I have ever seen. (and yes I have seen Maryland's and all of Oregon's uniforms).

I would rather see an alternate yellow or white helmet, or bring back the white pants.
              I agree with the bold, but I disagree about NDSU's yellow jerseys. Those things looked sweet.
              Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteve View Post
                Black uniforms would be awesome, great call. The basketball one's are awesome.

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                How many recruits has Baylor gotten because of their colors that we don't hear about. Just sayin'.

I prefer sticking with blue, yellow, or white for SDSU jerseys. IMO, the all black thing is a little played out.

Here's another crazy idea. We are the jackrabbits, how about a gray alternate uniform? Gray is the new black anyway with several majors doing gray alternates now. West Virginia's (potential) new gray is shown below.

Nice. I like the rabbit/gray connection.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I know this is off topic of the football jerseys, but since our black basketball uniforms were mentioned ... Besides my complete and total aversion to BFBS (Black For Black's Sake) because it's not one of our colors ... unless you're sitting courtside or in the first few rows, you can't read the numbers. The yellow outline isn't enough. Not even on TV. And the Uni Watch blog I mentioned in my earlier post? They had a feature during the college football and basketball seasons in which one of the contributors picked his five best uniform games and one bad one each week. Guess what team's NCAA Tournament game was picked as not only the worst uniform game of the first round, but the entire tournament?

And the bad one: South Dakota State/Baylor — *Sigh*…what could have been if both teams stuck with school colors…
                  LINK

If black is supposed to be so "badass", but EVERYBODY is doing it, doesn't that take away the "badass" factor because ... well, everybody is doing it? We should be feared because we're a GOOD TEAM, not because we wear some sort of clown suit. As for gray ... looks like something that was once white but hasn't been washed in 40-years.

Just an 80s-era alum's .02. Feel free to flame away ...
                  "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalHouse83 View Post
                    ...Just an 80s-era alum's .02. Feel free to flame away ...
                    LOL! Curmudgeon warning!

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                      We can strive to be like the Bison in a lot of ways, but PLEASE not a yellow jersey. The NDSU yellow jersey could be the most god-awful pile of crap I have ever seen. (and yes I have seen Maryland's and all of Oregon's uniforms).

I would rather see an alternate yellow or white helmet, or bring back the white pants.
                      Some of the best teams at SDSU and were NCC champs wore yellow jerseys, like back in 1949. They worked then, but I suppose I upset too many of you youngins so will put that suggestion to rest.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                        LOL! Curmudgeon warning!
                        Curmudgeons traditionally end their posts with:

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!
                        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                          Some of the best teams at SDSU and were NCC champs wore yellow jerseys, like back in 1949. They worked then, but I suppose I upset too many of you youngins so will put that suggestion to rest.
                          That's good to know Nidaros. I think we should do a throwback uniform and make it yellow. Why not? This could appease the people who want to see something unique once in awhile, the people who want to see yellow, and the people who want to make sure we use our school colors.

Done. You can send the check to my wife.
                          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            Curmudgeons traditionally end their posts with:

AND STAY OFF MY LAWN!!!
                            Yeah, I remembered that this morning when I was away from the computer!
                            "You trusted us"

Comment

Blue pants and grey jersey with blue and yellow accents. CHROME helmet with the BLUE and YELLOW flying SD!

Comment

For what it's worth, I like the new jerseys. They are a good compromise between SDSU's simple jerseys of two or three years ago and the overdone piping of, for example, NDSU's clown outfits. The sans-serif font seems controversial, but I think it's a nice change.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X