2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Looks like we offered Santa Maragrita Catholic HS, CA running back Ryan Wolpin..... https://twitter.com/SMRecruits/statu...41876868784128

Here is a link to his website.... http://ryanwolpin.com/#bio

Comment

I like this kid!!!

Ryan Wolpin appears to be an excellent RB prospect and it is nice that we are the first to offer. At 5'9" and roughly 200 lbs., he is a compact yet stout runner. While he is shifty in his running style, he does it in a north/south manner. He'll make his move to freeze a defender, but keeps his N/S direction going so that he is always getting positive yards. With 4.4 speed, he has the ability to go the distance as evidenced by his youtube video. He also appears to have the strength to run through some tackles. Moreover, the way he continues to churn his legs, makes it difficult to finish tackles on him.

I also like his hands. He looks like he would be highly effective on screen plays and swing passes. On screens he can be difficult for defenses to find.

When I looked at the footage, I figured it was for a modest sized high school and not at a level of the top California schools. However, ESPNHS ranks them as the 2nd best school in California and among the top 50 schools in the nation. To nab him would be awesome! Then it would be nice to get one of his massive offensive linemen to join him in Brookings. Take a look at this ESPNHS ranking story on his school.

Comment

Mikias Alipate, LB from Holy Angels HS of MN picks up offer from SDSU at Team Camp.

Comment

Originally posted by sss53 View Post
          Mikias Alipate, LB from Holy Angels HS of MN picks up offer from SDSU at Team Camp.
          I'm assuming this is the younger brother of Moses and Marcus. They both starred at Bloomington Jefferson, but the two schools are only 7 miles apart.

Moses is a highly touted junior QB for the Gophers. However, he is currently backing up Marquis Gray. Marcus will be a freshman basketball player for St. Thomas University in the Twin Cities. Their dad played football for Washington State.

From the video that I've seen, he looks like a physical linebacker even though he is not hugel. He does appear to make alot of tackles high around the numbers and shoulders, but does have good leg drive all the way through the tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepthreat View Post
            A durable back who rushed for over 1,900 yards in 2011. He along with Papillion-Lavista's Bryce Sheard and Tyler Wrice, received offers from Illinois St. yesterday.
            Not at least offering Tyler Wrice is an atrocity. Kid's got offers from NDSU, UNI and Ill State. Tyler's mom is from Brookings and his grandma lives there still I believe.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Yes, he is younger brother. Moses is playing TE now for the Gophers. Mikas gave up his Sophomore year of varsity play due to transfer rules...

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                Not at least offering Tyler Wrice is an atrocity. Kid's got offers from NDSU, UNI and Ill State. Tyler's mom is from Brookings and his grandma lives there still I believe.
                Interesting that we have a Brookings connection, lets hope the family finds trips to Brookings shorter than those to Normal ILL. Seems we are trying our best to bring in the best talent wise and those who are looking for a good education. Some of these guys have choices and we can only hope they choose SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                  I do not think the word means what you think it means.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Fine, I'll go with "inexplicable"...
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

According to Kolpack, NDSU got their first verbal and he's from SD: Jarrod Tuszka, a 6-5 WR/TE/DE/LB, from Warner, SD.

Anyone know if SDSU offered this kid?
                      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        It is very interesting work these coaches have in front of them. As I read and study I notice allot of great talent out there who have not had any offers, at any level. Seems once the initial rush is over they will wait it out and watch the first few games to decide. These kids may go D1 or d2 etc. it seems to me there is a bit of a game chess happening.

Comment

It looks like Matt Vandeberg, WR from Brandon Valley has recieved a Gray Shirt offer from the Iowa Hawkeyes http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=2&c=...2f1207064.html .......this kid is super fast, I would really love to see him wearing our colors next year.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
                            It looks like Matt Vandeberg, WR from Brandon Valley has recieved a Gray Shirt offer from the Iowa Hawkeyes http://iowa.scout.com/a.z?s=8&p=2&c=...2f1207064.html .......this kid is super fast, I would really love to see him wearing our colors next year.
                            Kind of early for a gray shirt isn't it? I thought those were for kids when they didn't have enough scholarships and still wanted the kid. The way college football works I'm not sure if I'd trust it.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                              Kind of early for a gray shirt isn't it? I thought those were for kids when they didn't have enough scholarships and still wanted the kid. The way college football works I'm not sure if I'd trust it.
                              Yoou betcha!! My agent would be saying: "Show me the Money"

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post

Grey-shirting: A player that commits to a team and then pays his own way through school for a semester to preserve his eligibility

Comment

Working...
                                X