Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Originally posted by SDSU_fan View Post
    yes exactly that is why I am guessing this just happened at the end of the semester. I.e. over the weekend. Great for the jacks!
    Ty left UNI shortly after fall camp started. He enrolled at SDSU and has been taking classes this whole semester. My understanding is that he approached our coaches and that he will walk-on, try out this coming year. I don't think there was ever an intention to give him a scholarship. Again, I could be wrong but my sources are very close to the situation.

Now for a little speculation, I mentioned before that the former OC expressed little or no interest in Ty. I believe it is clearly more then just coincidental that shortly after that OC left Ty ended up in Brookings. I hope he earns his way onto the roster and into a scholarship slot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      Wonder if they are any good at basketabll with good size and jumps.
      Omaha Northwest has not been real competitive in high school sports despite some of the athletes they have produced. Listed below is a synopsis from the Omaha World Hearld regarding their forecast for O Northwest basketball this year.

Omaha Northwest (4-19), Kevin Kobs: Huskies seek defensive intensity and better rebounding, along with better ball-handling from a team that returns seniors Tre Bush and 6-7 Stacey Keely and junior Charles Marion as starters.

Their team is off to a 2 - 4 start and have not been real consistant. For example, 10 days ago they came off back-to-back nights against two teams going in different directions. They lost by 1 point to an undefeated Bellevue West program that has been a top metro team for years. The next night the won in OT by 2 points over a winless Columbus team that has struggled to compete in Class A hoops for years.

In football, they came off a 1-8 record against a relatively soft schedule. They were not competitive in games against playoff teams despite having a good passing game.

Comment

Will Ty Soulek's scholarship at UNI continue to count against UNI as long as the school refuses to officially release him?
        This space for lease.

Comment

OLB - Justin Hornsby, 6'0" 200, Covina, CA (West Covina) http://bit.ly/TVaL4L

Justin hornsby ‏@_JustinWC9
          Looks like I'm gonna take a visit up to South Dakota State in January and will be receiving an offer soon #BlessedBeyondWords

Comment

I wonder if the Jacks are recruiting Chase Marso of Brandon Valley. He seems good enough to play D-1.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Take Colin Mertlik off of the Showing Interest list. It looks like Mertlik from Blair, NE and Luke Worden, Scottsbluff, NE have both gave their verbals to USD. Mick Garry gave the report on Mertlik. Worden was not on our list, but I think the Coyotes got a good one from western Nebraska. He is small, but he has an excellent pedigree and work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Will Ty Soulek's scholarship at UNI continue to count against UNI as long as the school refuses to officially release him?
                My understanding is if they don't release you, you count against their scholarship count. That is why you never (or very seldom) hear of a basketball team not releasing someone, because of the lack of scholarships.

Though scholarship releases and transfers are so confusing I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  I wonder if the Jacks are recruiting Chase Marso of Brandon Valley. He seems good enough to play D-1.
                  We've already had this discussion, on another note, they already have 1 QB committed and had another one with an offer on campus this past weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                    My understanding is if they don't release you, you count against their scholarship count. That is why you never (or very seldom) hear of a basketball team not releasing someone, because of the lack of scholarships.

Though scholarship releases and transfers are so confusing I could be wrong.
                    Is a scholarship awarded one year at a time?I think it was mentioned here that most scholarships are for one year periods,and are ,for a lack of a better word, renewed each year.Also,i always thought that's what they're granting the release for ,allowing the player to be released from his scholarship obligations (playing for the team).If a player isn't released,then he isn't allowed a scholarship from another team,until the time of the scholarship has expired.Don't take this as fact, i'm merly relaying according to the way i think it goes.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-19-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Jake Schlager commits to Colorado State.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Justin Hornsby tweeted that he will be on campus on January 12.
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

I expect a flurry of commitments happening in the next few days. I talked with Jackson Gannon tonight and he is anxious to get his football plans decided in the next week. He shared a few text messages with me from Jay Bubak. It sounds like we are close to having all of our defensive line commits, so Jackson is considering walking on with the Rabbits. He is also waiting to hear from Coach Glenn on an offer from USD.

Jackson Gannon was 2nd Team Super State in Nebraska as an offensive lineman. However, he will likely play on the defensive line instead.

I have to give kudos to Bubak, he has done an outstanding job recruiting Jackson. While Jackson is a bit undersized, he has been very productive for three years in Nebraska's largest class of football. Bubak has kept up communication and has been straight forward with Jackson regarding where he fits in in the recruiting pecking order. Jackson remains very interested.

I love this time of year! Great basketball and high hopes for football recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                            I expect a flurry of commitments happening in the next few days. I talked with Jackson Gannon tonight and he is anxious to get his football plans decided in the next week. He shared a few text messages with me from Jay Bubak. It sounds like we are close to having all of our defensive line commits, so Jackson is considering walking on with the Rabbits. He is also waiting to hear from Coach Glenn on an offer from USD.

Jackson Gannon was 2nd Team Super State in Nebraska as an offensive lineman. However, he will likely play on the defensive line instead.

I have to give kudos to Bubak, he has done an outstanding job recruiting Jackson. While Jackson is a bit undersized, he has been very productive for three years in Nebraska's largest class of football. Bubak has kept up communication and has been straight forward with Jackson regarding where he fits in in the recruiting pecking order. Jackson remains very interested.

I love this time of year! Great basketball and high hopes for football recruiting.
                            Interesting that a Kearney Ne kid is wanting to walk on at SDSU. Twenty years ago, we would have had to promise some kind of a ride in order to even get him interested. Good job Coach Bubak.

Comment

Just saw a tweet from Sean Calahan this morning that the Carhart kid out of Nebraskas top class ( first team all state/super state) just accepted verbally to UNI. Looks like we will be seeing him on our field either way. Big miss there.

Comment

Saw a tweet that OT Charles Harmon has committed to SDSU. Retweeted by edgytim.

Had offers from florida Atlantic, Illinois state and holy cross according to 24/7

http://247sports.com/Player/Charles-Harmon-19954
                                Fighting Sioux

Comment

Working...
                                X