2013 Recruiting List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013 Recruiting List

Some guys just take a little longer to hit their stride - we have a rather fabulous guy in a jacks uniform right now that only had D2 offers until the jacks made him his only D1 offer......Naters gonna Nate
    Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Now that Bono is done recruiting an amazing wrestling class, he should start recruiting for the football team. Imagine if we got a top 10 football class. That would be totally unbelievable !

Comment

Trev Hadachek and Travis Green were on campus this weekend for a visit.

Travis Green is from Iowa Western CC (same school as Andrew Brown and Austin Knowlton).
        -Here is his high school profile from a year ago...http://rivals.yahoo.com/huskerlandpr...s-Green-108026
        -Here is his Juco profile from this year....http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...YiWp9Vb5tIPZB4

Even though Hadachek's profile is already listed on the first post, here it is again for those to lazy to look it up....http://rivals.yahoo.com/iowapreps/fo...adachek-129986

Here is his junior highlights....

Comment

Looks like we've offered Richard Chungong, a juco CB out of Kansas..... http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Richard-Chungong-137321

Comment

Travis Green might as well sign with SDSU....

Comment

Chase Marso is only a junior, I guess, not a senior. So there's plenty of time for the Jacks to go after him. I'm hoping that they do and guessing that they will.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                Chase Marso is only a junior, I guess, not a senior. So there's plenty of time for the Jacks to go after him. I'm hoping that they do and guessing that they will.
                He is a senior this year, I saw that in the Argus Leader Elite 45 where it lists him as a junior but that must have been a misprint.

Comment

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
                  He is a senior this year, I saw that in the Argus Leader Elite 45 where it lists him as a junior but that must have been a misprint.
                  Yes he is a senior! We need to jump

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU_fan View Post
                    Yes he is a senior! We need to jump
                    If you ask, he will come. He is blue through and through. Seriously, the kid loves the Jackrabbits.
                    One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                      Yes, Marso is certainly a senior. I believe that he may have more interest in baseball going forward and that is why there hasn't been more talk of his future as a QB.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

IDK about Marso, he wouldn't be terrible as a class QB but I didn't see much big picture QB things in the little bit I watched. I think some people just see Brandon Valley and assume that since Sumner has checked out he will as well, he looks more like a D-II or NAIA QB then a D-I QB, but then again I could be wrong. While saying that, I see some holes that are a little bit bigger then QB when it comes to recruiting. If you look at the games SDSU struggled the big thing was the line of scrimmage. SDSU did a really good job in the past year of improving the secondary, I still think there needs to be some more help back there possibly JuCo route in terms of a safety, or cover LB (though there are some red shirting at those positions), but the one big thing I didn't see was that pass rushing DE/LB.

Looking at the roster, a bunch of experience comes back, so I'd expect a couple of quick help JuCo help and then some holes to fill for the junior class.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          IDK about Marso, he wouldn't be terrible as a class QB but I didn't see much big picture QB things in the little bit I watched. I think some people just see Brandon Valley and assume that since Sumner has checked out he will as well, he looks more like a D-II or NAIA QB then a D-I QB, but then again I could be wrong. While saying that, I see some holes that are a little bit bigger then QB when it comes to recruiting. If you look at the games SDSU struggled the big thing was the line of scrimmage. SDSU did a really good job in the past year of improving the secondary, I still think there needs to be some more help back there possibly JuCo route in terms of a safety, or cover LB (though there are some red shirting at those positions), but the one big thing I didn't see was that pass rushing DE/LB.

Looking at the roster, a bunch of experience comes back, so I'd expect a couple of quick help JuCo help and then some holes to fill for the junior class.
                          I'm more of a glass half-full kind of guy regarding our DE/LB. We graduate 3 DL and 3 LBs, leaving significant depth returning at those positions. No we don't have a Danny Batten rusher on the end at this time, and while losing Shafrath, Tracy, and Mink will be difficult, we have significant players returning including a couple of really good years recruiting at those positions. I would have been more worried about the LB position, but the way TJ Lally stepped up as a redshirt freshman leaves me hope that we have a good foundation to build on at that position. On the DL, we have 14 lineman returning next year. (Assuming none leave for other reasons than graduation.) Among them are some key starters and some recruits that have the talent to become big time contributors.

I have to give kudos to Coaches Brown and Bubak for building and recruiting some outstanding defensive players in recent years. Our defense has potential to be even better next year, despite key losses to graduation.

Comment

What year is Langer,isn't he projected to be playing DE or LB?He's going to be a stud,big, strong,mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                              I'm more of a glass half-full kind of guy regarding our DE/LB. We graduate 3 DL and 3 LBs, leaving significant depth returning at those positions. No we don't have a Danny Batten rusher on the end at this time, and while losing Shafrath, Tracy, and Mink will be difficult, we have significant players returning including a couple of really good years recruiting at those positions. I would have been more worried about the LB position, but the way TJ Lally stepped up as a redshirt freshman leaves me hope that we have a good foundation to build on at that position. On the DL, we have 14 lineman returning next year. (Assuming none leave for other reasons than graduation.) Among them are some key starters and some recruits that have the talent to become big time contributors.

I have to give kudos to Coaches Brown and Bubak for building and recruiting some outstanding defensive players in recent years. Our defense has potential to be even better next year, despite key losses to graduation.
                              I think as a whole they are deep, but its that Danny Batten/Jake Steffen type guy who is lacking. And because so much depth is coming back if you could get a pass rushing DE and/or a big DT (depending on Hettiger's eligibility request) it could really help with the defense.

Comment

I think as a whole they are deep, but its that Danny Batten/Jake Steffen type guy who is lacking. And because so much depth is coming back if you could get a pass rushing DE and/or a big DT (depending on Hettiger's eligibility request) it could really help with the defense.
                                What's with hettingers eligiability?
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X