Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Our Nike contract was set to expire in June 2012, so in October 2011, SDSU sent a request for proposals to Nike, Adidas and Under Armor. Long story short is that, through negotiations, UA gave us the best deal. As a result, we're now a UA school. At least that's how it was reported in the latest edition of "Rabbit Tracks." That story also hinted that the football jerseys would be jazzed up a bit...but not nearly to the extent of Maryland.

I've also heard that Nike is phasing out "smaller schools." Don't know if that's the case or not, but that story is making the rounds. Guess we might know based on whether they continue to provide jerseys for the Bison. USD is, at least for now, an Adidas school.

(My 800th post. Not sure if I should be proud or embarrassed about being on here that much.)
    I don't know if its nike phasing out, or if its more they just aren't going to be aggressive with smaller schools. I'm sure they probably would take the business of smaller schools, just under their terms, meaning it would have probably ended up costing SDSU money in comparison the Under Armour deal.

I really don't care about the jersey deal, where I'd be interested is about what the contract says about footwear. Will SDSU athletes be required to either wear Under Armour or to cover up the logo's or is it just that the school will only supply UA gear, or does it not include footwear at all. I know plenty of athletes and they really don't care about what they wear in terms of clothing, but when it comes to footwear it's a different story.

Comment

I would love a camo uni for military appreciation day and auction off game unis for fundrasing. I guess any sort of special new thing for a one game like every other year I think could be some cool. Even though its not traditional it could start a new tradition.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
        I don't know if its nike phasing out, or if its more they just aren't going to be aggressive with smaller schools. I'm sure they probably would take the business of smaller schools, just under their terms, meaning it would have probably ended up costing SDSU money in comparison the Under Armour deal.

I really don't care about the jersey deal, where I'd be interested is about what the contract says about footwear. Will SDSU athletes be required to either wear Under Armour or to cover up the logo's or is it just that the school will only supply UA gear, or does it not include footwear at all. I know plenty of athletes and they really don't care about what they wear in terms of clothing, but when it comes to footwear it's a different story.
        Good question, and I don't know the answer. Wouldn't blame anybody -- but especially runners and hoops players -- if they wanted to use the shoes they felt were most supportive or best for their feet.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Good question, and I don't know the answer. Wouldn't blame anybody -- but especially runners and hoops players -- if they wanted to use the shoes they felt were most supportive or best for their feet.
          The last Shoe brand issue that I heard of was when Micheal Jordans kid wanted to wear his Jordans, and Adidas didn't appreciate it too much.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-adidas-deal/1

Comment

The hoop players have no choice, they will wear what they are given - practice uniforms will also be UA and I believe that they will be UA'd from the skin out...... no more Nike Elite socks even...... The good news is that UA has really improved their shoe line - I believe that Austin Rivers was promoting them and now Brandon Jennings is also touting the brand.
            Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
              The hoop players have no choice, they will wear what they are given - practice uniforms will also be UA and I believe that they will be UA'd from the skin out...... no more Nike Elite socks even...... The good news is that UA has really improved their shoe line - I believe that Austin Rivers was promoting them and now Brandon Jennings is also touting the brand.
              When ever I have tried their shoes i was less then impressed.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by SkippyJack View Post
                Don't care about practice gear or socks or anything like that, but shoes...those are important. Even I'm fussy about my shoes, and I just use them for knocking around these days. Here's hoping they're of good quality...or improved quality.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Guess we could have be subjected to an atrocity which Adidas dropped on Notre Dame!(Granted it is only for one game a year). As much as I want to like them, they are just over the edge, by like miles... Well considering the tradition and sanctity of Notre Dame Football.

Pictures here
                  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4459155&type=1

Comment

Originally posted by scubasteve View Post
                    Guess we could have be subjected to an atrocity which Adidas dropped on Notre Dame!(Granted it is only for one game a year). As much as I want to like them, they are just over the edge, by like miles... Well considering the tradition and sanctity of Notre Dame Football.

Pictures here
                    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4459155&type=1
                    That's... just wrong.
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                      Compared to the yellow Bison rags (worst uniform ever), this is amazing.
                      You mean the yellow Bison rags worn in the National Championship? Are those the rags you are referring to? Do you mean the rags worn during playoff wins?

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                        You mean the yellow Bison rags worn in the National Championship? Are those the rags you are referring to? Do you mean the rags worn during playoff wins?
                        I doubt those were the ones he was talking about. You can't just come on to this board and assume things.
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          I doubt those were the ones he was talking about. You can't just come on to this board and assume things.
                          My bad!

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                            My bad!
                            No problem Trans Am, I would like to see the Jacks wear yellow, like they did in the glory days of the Ralph Ginn era. They shifted to white and silver helmets about 1956. The yellow jerseys make a statement.

Comment

Working...
                            X