Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
    The types of uniforms that kids wear are a huge deal. I mean, Oregon's chrome helmets were badass that they wore in the Rose Bowl. If I was an 18 year old kid, I would want to wear something like that. It's flashy and gets noticed by kids and the media. I know Brian Kelly said earlier this year that he doesn't care what alumni and others think of the uniforms that they wear. He just cares if his football players and recruits like them.
    What he really meant was that he just cares about Phil Knight and Nike care about. And Nike cares about selling stuff, predominantly to younger demographics.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
      What he really meant was that he just cares about Phil Knight and Nike care about. And Nike cares about selling stuff, predominantly to younger demographics.
      Brian Kelly = Notre Dame

Chip Kelly = Oregon

Bigblue referred to Brian Kelly. Brian Kelly was talking about those god awful gold helmets with gold leaf that ND wore earlier this year.

Also, uniforms are a big deal to recruits. I don't get it, but that's the way it is. The kid being recruited by Baylor cut them from the list because they have ugly colors, plus they are sponsored by Adidas. Just because they are 13-0 right now doesn't mean they didn't want that recruit any less does it?
      "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
      "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
        Brian Kelly = Notre DameChip Kelly = OregonBigblue referred to Brian Kelly. Brian Kelly was talking about those god awful gold helmets with gold leaf that ND wore earlier this year.Also, uniforms are a big deal to recruits. I don't get it, but that's the way it is. The kid being recruited by Baylor cut them from the list because they have ugly colors, plus they are sponsored by Adidas. Just because they are 13-0 right now doesn't mean they didn't want that recruit any less does it?
        It's a big deal because most 18 year olds are hip and want to wear trendy things. Best way to describe it is if a recruit has his list down to 3 schools and likes them the same a simple thing as trendy uniforms can be the little deciding factor that determines if a recruit goes to your school or not. It's the new fashion trend and I like it. I wish more universities had as awesome of uniforms as Oregon.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Also, uniforms are a big deal to recruits. I don't get it, but that's the way it is. The kid being recruited by Baylor cut them from the list because they have ugly colors, plus they are sponsored by Adidas. Just because they are 13-0 right now doesn't mean they didn't want that recruit any less does it?
          Well Baylor is doing just fine with their ugly colors and uniforms. Proof is in the record. Anyone know how the recruit we are talking about is doing at what I must assume is a school that has in his opinion cool colors and cool uniforms?

Comment

Another quick point. Oregon has what some call "cool" and "hip" uniforms, right? Who is playing in the BCS Championship? How cool and hip are their uniforms?

Seems like LSU and Alabama do just fine with recruits even with very traditional uniforms. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Comment

Uniforms mean more then people think. I know the coaches and fans will say things like "don't want the type of recruit that cares about the jersey deal" but many do care and the fans should care. Now I don't think SDSU has bad jerseys. I think an alternative would help, I think white pants would help. I know in basketball the mens team has gotten much buzz over the black uni's.

I know Maryland wasn't very successful but I heard a bunch of buzz over the program this year. When was the last time you had heard anything about Maryland football? I just think the key is not to get left behind in this trend because you hate change. Now I'm not saying SDSU needs to go to 8 different uniforms including 1 with ties to the state flag, one with ties to Mt. Rushmore, and one with ties to corn. But making some changes wouldn't be bad.

Comment

Well Baylor is doing just fine with their ugly colors and uniforms. Proof is in the record. Anyone know how the recruit we are talking about is doing at what I must assume is a school that has in his opinion cool colors and cool uniforms?
                Name is Archie Griffin 5 star recruit #2 position #12 overall. Going to kentucky. http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketb...Goodwin-115429 So Baylor missed out on a top 12 player due to school colors seems pretty big to me. I know you are old school and don't think its a big deal for uniforms but where was Oregon before they started getting trendy uniforms. Alabama has a long long long tradition so it doesnt affect Alabama and Alabama is the only plain cool uniform simply because Forrest Gump wore it. Uniforms benefit schools that dont have a long tradition and need something unique and original to stand up to the programs with long traditions. Boring uniforms are for the No Fun League(NFL)

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue View Post
                  The types of uniforms that kids wear are a huge deal. I mean, Oregon's chrome helmets were badass that they wore in the Rose Bowl. If I was an 18 year old kid, I would want to wear something like that. It's flashy and gets noticed by kids and the media. I know Brian Kelly said earlier this year that he doesn't care what alumni and others think of the uniforms that they wear. He just cares if his football players and recruits like them.
                  I am going out on a limb that because they have an alumnus whose company makes them for the team I don’t think he cares. Frankly I think it looks tacky and rather silly. But I am not a recruit so I guess my opinion does not count. I don’t think the classic or tradition uniforms hurt programs either, Penn state, Bama, etc. more or less are always the same and always produce quality teams, So my guess is players choose schools for a million different reasons and frankly flashy uniforms should be low on the list for almost every kid who has the option to go for college sports.

That being said, I am doing my best to indoctrinate my 5 month old son that yellow and blue look much better and red is an icky color......except my wife gets him up in the morning so gets to pick what he wears usually and she was a 605 grad so sometimes he wears 605 colors.
                  I would love to see the same blue and yellow uniforms we have now, just without the white outline on the numbers which seemed unnecessary. However if we did a special uniform for say fundraising like a camo style for military appreciation or black or white for a black out or white out game and auction off the jerseys after the game for money, If that became tradition, I would love that change. Every year have 1 game with a special uniform for auction to raise money for athletics and scholarships and academics etc. Which could help offset the cost possibly for a uniform that would only be used once. I would probably be looking to get a uniform most years if that was the case.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Brian Kelly = Notre Dame

Chip Kelly = Oregon

Bigblue referred to Brian Kelly. Brian Kelly was talking about those god awful gold helmets with gold leaf that ND wore earlier this year.

No but like most programs they will focus on the kids who do want to be there and try to be the best they can.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Another quick point. Oregon has what some call "cool" and "hip" uniforms, right? Who is playing in the BCS Championship? How cool and hip are their uniforms?

Seems like LSU and Alabama do just fine with recruits even with very traditional uniforms. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Let's not act like LSU or Alabama haven't done anything crazy. They both have had the Nike Pro Combat jerseys. Just because their usual uniforms are simple, they too also use Nike and uniforms to lure in recruits

Comment

This thread is hilarious. Be honest, some of you were the inspiration for the original Footloose movie, correct?
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                          This thread is hilarious. Be honest, some of you were the inspiration for the original Footloose movie, correct?
                          Can't say I've seen it. Trendy uniforms are the new fad and personally the NFL should follow suit.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            Yes I believe dancing to be a sin.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              Yes I believe dancing to be a sin.
                              You owe me a new keyboard . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I think we would look sweet in black uniforms. I was messing around on a "design a uniform" website and created some.

Go to www.teamworkathletic.com .....the secondary page takes a second to load, and then click on custom. Enter the retrieval code of 11be8ad4. From there you can chose 8 different uniforms from the "select a design" that I created. I tried to post pictures from their site to here, but they seem pretty protective of their stuff, or else I am too dumb to figure it out.

Check out the name on back Nidaros, your very own uniform. Anyway I thought some looked pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
                                X