Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Uniforms

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Give me Penn State's uniforms - I have always loved them!
    Yes stick with the classics. I want to see something that looks sharp and some consistancy from year to year not a freak show for odd looking uniforms.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      I got to admit, I don't like Under Armor's uniforms, South Carolina's bowl uniforms were horrid, Marylands are god aweful, Texas Tech, yuk. Auburn kept to the basics for the most part and is OK. My hope is they don't make us look like clowns. I like the idea of a yellow 3rd jersey and white pants. Just don't pull out a yellow on yellow, I think the Gophers showed how bad that can look.
      Time will tell but I can't imagine we are going to be outfitted with many, many options. SDSU isn't a big enough fish in the sea to warrant that so my guess is we will keep things pretty simple but with some modern updating. More like what USF did with their unis. There are a lot more needs that come before multiple football looks.

My preference? Send in the clowns. I think it would be cool to come to game day and not know what they are going to wear coming out of the Dykehouse Center. If they are willing to give it all to us then I am all for it but that stuff costs a lot of $$$$$.

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I heard Dan Patrick talking about this on his radio show after Maryland debuted their "unique" look, and for the most part I agreed. He talked about how these uniforms aren't for the fans, they are for the kids that wear them, and while some traditionalists may not like them, the fact is that the younger athletes are drawn to being unique. I can almost guarantee that Oregon's resurgence can be linked back to the press all these different uniforms gave them. And, along with that, I bet there are some top tier recruits that went there because they thought the "look" was awesome.Granted, we probably won't see those type of options, but some of this more "loud" designs can be a good thing.
        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          I heard Dan Patrick talking about this on his radio show after Maryland debuted their "unique" look, and for the most part I agreed. He talked about how these uniforms aren't for the fans, they are for the kids that wear them, and while some traditionalists may not like them, the fact is that the younger athletes are drawn to being unique. I can almost guarantee that Oregon's resurgence can be linked back to the press all these different uniforms gave them. And, along with that, I bet there are some top tier recruits that went there because they thought the "look" was awesome.Granted, we probably won't see those type of options, but some of this more "loud" designs can be a good thing.
          True that. Colors and uniforms are more important in the cutthroat of recruiting that one can imagine. I remember one high profile hs basketball stated he wasn't going to Baylor because of their ugly colors and uniforms. Top tier programs need and edge and trendy uniforms provide it
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

To that point...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls1...pat&id=6003943
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

If anyone wants to play around with some of the potential uniforms and what they may look like, here is the link to the UA uniform configurator http://www.underarmourteamuniforms.com/configurator/

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                True that. Colors and uniforms are more important in the cutthroat of recruiting that one can imagine. I remember one high profile hs basketball stated he wasn't going to Baylor because of their ugly colors and uniforms. Top tier programs need and edge and trendy uniforms provide it
                Apparently some only commit if they can get a certain number http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1313543

Comment

Get real,,,are they going to have a 50 ft runway next,with players stutting 10 ft,stopping,pausing, with one leg extended and hands on thier hips,do a little 360 spin,walk 10 ft,repeat process.....c'mon,this is football,there's no fasion show in football!!

Comment

Probably just me but I don't want a kid that places the highest priority on the uniform or number. My favorite combination is the blue jersey with yellow numbers and yellow pants. No piping, no stripes, no highlights or fringe. My least favorite is blue top with blue bottoms, the smurf look isn't for me. That said, I don't really care what they pick.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                      Get real,,,are they going to have a 50 ft runway next,with players stutting 10 ft,stopping,pausing, with one leg extended and hands on thier hips,do a little 360 spin,walk 10 ft,repeat process.....c'mon,this is football,there's no fasion show in football!!
                      Well, they basically have a 120 yard runway that they spend quite a bit of time on....

Comment

Or maybe it was the millions and millions of dollars that Nike Co-founder Phil Knight pumped into the athletic department. I also like how kids like to be "unique" in a conformist sort of way. You know like getting a tattoo to be a rebel, because all of their friends are doing it.

Gotta go and chance some kids off my yard.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          Probably just me but I don't want a kid that places the highest priority on the uniform or number. My favorite combination is the blue jersey with yellow numbers and yellow pants. No piping, no stripes, no highlights or fringe. My least favorite is blue top with blue bottoms, the smurf look isn't for me. That said, I don't really care what they pick.
                          I am not saying it is their highest priority, but it could be one that sways their decision. Much like a fancy building or shiny stadium could sway a kids opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                            Or maybe it was the millions and millions of dollars that Nike Co-founder Phil Knight pumped into the athletic department. I also like how kids like to be "unique" in a conformist sort of way. You know like getting a tattoo to be a rebel, because all of their friends are doing it.

Gotta go and chance some kids off my yard.
                            OSU success = T Boone Pickens donation

I don't think the uniforms mean a darn thing.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              That is the Baylor team that is 13-0 and #4 in the nation, right? Did I mention that Baylor's ugly colors and uniforms are 13-0 and ranked #1 on the Women's side of things.
                              Last edited by LakeJack; 01-04-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                                OSU success = T Boone Pickens donation

I don't think the uniforms mean a darn thing.
                                The types of uniforms that kids wear are a huge deal. I mean, Oregon's chrome helmets were badass that they wore in the Rose Bowl. If I was an 18 year old kid, I would want to wear something like that. It's flashy and gets noticed by kids and the media. I know Brian Kelly said earlier this year that he doesn't care what alumni and others think of the uniforms that they wear. He just cares if his football players and recruits like them.

Comment

Working...
                                X