Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows interviewing as SDSM&T

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Unlike someone on a salary,farmers can be "rich" one year,and the next year low prices or bad weather can turn that around in a hurry. Much of what isn't re-invested in equipment,etc.. goes into rainy day funds or retirement funds ( which aren't matched by their employer).
    I've never known a farmer who made money, but they sure had the best toys...4 wheelers, snowmobiles, hunting equipment, etc. It is boom time for farming. No doubt. You can't argue that or your either a farmer or no nothing about farming...but I digress. It has always been claimed that the Red River Valley farmers have big bucks that get donated to NDSU.

Anyway, my point about the money, it would be nice to have money to pay assitant coaches like your direct competition does. C'mon, the Jacks don't even have a full contingent of assitant coaches. No reason your O coordinator has to pull double duty as the O line coach. The Jacks are still after all this time, one coach short. The State of South Dakota has survived the resession and is thriving. 3rd in the nation for economy and that is ony because Alaska and North Dakota have oil. Time for citizens, grads, ex players to open the checkbooks up and support the program so it is not last in the conferance. There is no excuse for that in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
      I've never known a farmer who made money, but they sure had the best toys...4 wheelers, snowmobiles, hunting equipment, etc. It is boom time for farming. No doubt. You can't argue that or your either a farmer or no nothing about farming...but I digress. It has always been claimed that the Red River Valley farmers have big bucks that get donated to NDSU.

Anyway, my point about the money, it would be nice to have money to pay assitant coaches like your direct competition does. C'mon, the Jacks don't even have a full contingent of assitant coaches. No reason your O coordinator has to pull double duty as the O line coach. The Jacks are still after all this time, one coach short. The State of South Dakota has survived the resession and is thriving. 3rd in the nation for economy and that is ony because Alaska and North Dakota have oil. Time for citizens, grads, ex players to open the checkbooks up and support the program so it is not last in the conferance. There is no excuse for that in my book.
      I did not read your post completely but agree with the comment that we all could give more. I do notice more vehicles and such on the farm and fewer and fewer bib overalls. Most farmers dress like city folks now days.

Comment

I don't care how much money people donate, its not going to go to an assistant coach, at least not now. It will go towards a stadium, practice facility, recruiting budgets, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
          I don't care how much money people donate, its not going to go to an assistant coach, at least not now. It will go towards a stadium, practice facility, recruiting budgets, etc.
          You just know it all don't you JoeBoo???

If a donor wants to give money to the football program, the DONOR chooses where the money goes. Having it go towards coach's salaries is definitely a possibility and why you think otherwise is beyond me. Donors have the options is deciding where their money goes - if they didn't, SDSU wouldn't raise much money. Speaking from past experience of being a SDSU athletics donor, you are wrong here.

If you still believe you are right, you wouldn't mind telling us how you know the money will go toward a new stadium or practice facility? I'm sure you have a friend of a 3rd cousin that told you that a few years back.

Comment

Actually, if you listen to Coach Stig talk at all about the Difference Maker's Club, he says specifically that donors to that program (which is the main way folks are able to provide for the football team SPECFICALLY now) goes directly to funding two assistant coaches salaries and NOT to other areas like facilities, recruitment, etc.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I guess when you see how little someone like Meadows makes after being there what 10 years it puts it all in perspective that most don't make the big money you see in the BCS world. Don't blame him for seeking a head coaching position at lesser division and getting a $20,000 raise.

Comment

You sound like Frank Kloschek now. Who often is not as informed as he thinks he is. In addition as some one else pointed out the Difference Makers money does go to fund assistant coaches. The video guy Henderson for a fact was paid from the Difference makers club. It costs 500 bucks to join.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  You sound like Frank Kloschek now. Who often is not as informed as he thinks he is.
                  Love the Frank comparison! Gave me a nice smile to start the weekend with. Rep points...

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
                    What are the rich farmers doing with their money lately?
                    Ever seen the checks that get handed over during halftime of the Beef Bowl and Cereal Bowl?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                      Ever seen the checks that get handed over during halftime of the Beef Bowl and Cereal Bowl?
                      He was too busy coveting his neighbor's John Deere

Comment

So......back on topic here....any word on a timeline for hiring?
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                          So......back on topic here....any word on a timeline for hiring?
                          expect a decision (by) the end of next week, that is what I was told by a friend.... though apparently I am not informed so who knows

The point I'm getting at on the fundraising is that when I hear about a fundraiser or I hear Coach Stig, they are pushing for fundraising for facilities, and budgets, yes I get that you can put money in for coaches, I understand that. But I don't see them holding big fundraisers or making a push for an assistant coach, (I've heard them push for money so they can add more assistant coaches). What I'm getting at is if you go to the AD and pull out your check book, they are showing pictures of a new stadium or new practice facility not a picture of an assistant coach.

I guess the point I'm getting at is I've heard Coach Stig talk about fundraising numerous times, and over numerous issues but I have never heard him mention assistant coaches salaries, maybe those are for the private meetings once you open your check book. I've heard him talk about recruiting budgets, practice facilities and a new stadium.

I guess when I see fundraising (at all state Universities) I don't see them as advertising for raises to the assistant coaches. Its either a scholarship, or some type of facility. (If you read the BOR's review today it talked about that issue. Apparently SDSU needs to redo some sewer lines and apparently its hard to raise money for those issues because no one wants to put their name on a sewer project)

And legally, could I go into the offices and say I think so and so deserves a $20K raise, here is $20K? That sounds like money laundering or maybe even tax evasion to me. I thought it was you can donate to a fund, that pays the coaches salaries? And it is an endowment or like one and that the raises are determined by the AD and head coach? Similar to scholarships? Maybe I'm totally off base, that is just the way it was explained to me.
                          Last edited by joeboo22; 12-16-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

A Nov. 22 article in the RC Journal indicated SDM&T Administration wanted the hiring process completed by end of this year. So Joboo's freind may be correct.
                            You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                              A Nov. 22 article in the RC Journal indicated SDM&T Administration wanted the hiring process completed by end of this year. So Joboo's freind may be correct.
                              It was explained to me that they will make a decision this coming week, depending on who it is (if he can make a press conference, if he accepts it) with the holidays they might not announce until after Christmas.

Comment

I don't think it would be a problem if meadows got the job. But I am wondering about the ethics of currently working for one team while trying to get to another one. What about recruits who he is helps us look at for sdsu but then he gets the job and a kid is looking at enginerring and meadows says hey I'm at a program who needs your skills and we have a great engineering program come here now. I wonder if he is as active in recruiting for sdsu right now as much as he normally is. I mean if his duties are the same. I would assume sdsu has a shortlist of coaches to consider in case he gets the job. My guess eidness would move to O cord and we would look for a line coach. Like a willie jones type who knows weightroom training too.
                                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                                X