Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Luke Meadows interviewing as SDSM&T

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    Vince according to his biography played at Fordam which is now FCS but in his day was a power to be reckoned with. They played a couple of games at the Polo Grounds and filled the staduim of about 100,000. So technically Vince played D1 football or the equivalent of it. One of the big opponents was St Mary's of California, who was to be a member of the Great West, but dropped football rather than travel to Brookings SD. Fordam like St Mary's had tradition in the 1930's but have not done much since.
    I think you have to include Vince with those who had D1 playing experience.
    Can't sneak anything by you Nidaros! Nice!
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      Can't sneak anything by you Nidaros! Nice!
      Well I read once in awhile. I also gave Coach Stig a copy of this book. I am sure he found it inspirational. Vince was quite the guy. There was a small back who name escapes me played for the Packers just when Vince took over, he was about the only player who did not like the coach as a person. This book has been out for about 6 or more years now.

Comment

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/b...871e3ce6c.html

Basically says that Meadows would bring most attention because of SDSU but he thinks Collins who was the School of Mines D-Cord in 2002 should get it.

Comment

A couple of the posters seem convinced losing Meadows would be okay. I'm not so sure about that. The last three games of the season showed we had some chemistry going on that we have seen for a while and Meadows was one of the head chemists in making that happen.

Comment

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/c...871e3ce6c.html

Tomorrow they will introduce new coach

Comment

Stacey Collins
              Southern Pecan

2001 Nissan Exterra....no A/C and north of 120k

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                Stacey Collins
                If that is the case I think their AD really dropped the ball. But again like I said they do things a little different at Mines and having ties to that place helps.

I really dislike their AD, and I hope that Mines loses by 50 next year to BHSU.

Comment

Originally posted by joeybrownerHOF View Post
                  Stacey Collins
                  Football Scoop is reporting Collins to be named the new head coach at Mines
                  USD Fan

Comment

As someone who has seen the program and their AD over the past 5-6 years the move doesn't surprise me. Their AD, and many of the higher ups at Mines think that if you have ties to the school you are better then anyone else. But I look at it as a failure.

Comment

Oh boy, we get to keep Meadows. Not such a bad deal after all. Luke will keep on looking and in the meantime we keep our Coach.

Comment

SDSM&T has two associate head coaches from successful DII/DI programs applying for the position and the AD goes with the special teams coach from Portland State because he spent a year at Mines?! They deserve the football program they have.

Honestly, I watched all the candidate videos because I was interested to see what kind of competition Meadows had for the position, and, imo, Collins' interview was the worst out of all the candidates as well...

...and I'm not just saying that because he promised to bring the vaunted "Pistol" offense to SDSM&T
                        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                          SDSM&T has two associate head coaches from successful DII/DI programs applying for the position and the AD goes with the special teams coach from Portland State because he spent a year at Mines?! They deserve the football program they have.

Honestly, I watched all the candidate videos because I was interested to see what kind of competition Meadows had for the position, and, imo, Collins' interview was the worst out of all the candidates as well...

...and I'm not just saying that because he promised to bring the vaunted "Pistol" offense to SDSM&T
                          And the 3rd was an assistant at Chadron which is an in region D-II school that knows the recruiting grounds.

Comment

It's official, Collins is the head coach at SDSMT

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/por...9bb2963f4.html

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. They had the chance to hire an associate head coach from a Division One FCS school that has coached several offensive players to NFL careers, helped lead a fairly new D-I team to the playoffs and that has ties to the area. I lived on the same floor as Luke when I was a student at SDSU and I can't help but be disappointed for him and his family. For being a bunch of "geniuses", Mines sure made a dumb move passing on Coach Meadows.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                              It's official, Collins is the head coach at SDSMT

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/por...9bb2963f4.html

Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed. They had the chance to hire an associate head coach from a Division One FCS school that has coached several offensive players to NFL careers, helped lead a fairly new D-I team to the playoffs and that has ties to the area. I lived on the same floor as Luke when I was a student at SDSU and I can't help but be disappointed for him and his family. For being a bunch of "geniuses", Mines sure made a dumb move passing on Coach Meadows.
                              Its how they do business at the School of Mines. They put people who have ties to the School of Mines above anyone else. Honestly when Meadows hinted that he had plans of playing football at Black Hills State, he was probably eliminated. I looked at the list, and of the four, I thought the one they picked was 4th on the list. They had the assistant at UNO last year interview, only dock on him was he didn't coach last year. They had an assistant at Chadron a regional D-II school- only dock on him was he was a lower level assistant. And then Meadows who is a local guy, assistant coach at the flag ship school in the state.

I'm glad in who they picked in the sense that they will continue to s&ck which doesn't bother me any. But if they want to become anything if football they need a coach that not only their friends at the Journal know, but that the entire state knows. Meadows could have done that. They have big plans on expanding the campus and growing athletics and enrollment, but they won't be able to do that if they keep doing things the same way.

Comment

It's time to close Mines anyway. Blend it into SDSU's engineering school. Just kidding, Rapid Citians! Kind of.
                                This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                                X