Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Fizon Vs. Funnies Game day thread

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
    Great post if you see everything thru blue colored glasses.

You missed the point. There is no call for Stig to be fired. The post stated we never adequately replaced Wilkinson. We need a D I Offensive coordinator.

The past sure is great and we can talk about it all day. The fact is the team isn't as good as the past since choking away the second half in Montana.
    What part was being seen through blue colored glasses? Is it an inaccurate statement that in FCS, teams tend to have big swings in terms of the quality of their teams? Is it inaccurate that SIU has 2 wins this year and last year's national champs also have a losing record and NDSU sucked balls just a couple years ago? Is it factually inaccurate that SDSU has an uphill battle in recruiting when compared to most D1 programs (including other FCS schools)? I was born and raised in SD and still consider SD my home, but I hope it isn't a surprise that most people can't point out where SD is located on the map (other than to say "it's way up north, right?"). No team is immune from having down swings regardless of the coach. Saying otherwise is not looking through any sort of lens, it's closing your eyes and ignoring facts.

It's ironic that you claim I missed the point and then wrote a statement proving you missed my point. I didn't reference people saying Stig should be fired. In fact, I specifically wrote "(n)ot saying people are hating on coach Stig, just saying he doesn't always get the credit he deserves..." Stating we are a middle of the pack NCC team turned into an upper tier D1 program is also a factually based conclusion. Not an interpretation relying on my love for the Jacks. (By the way, several posts on this board have openly questioned whether Coach Stig is still the man for the job. But I was not referencing those in composing my rant.)

The team hasn't been good for the past 2 years. Agreed. Our offense is not good. Our offensive strategy is not good. Our defense is not good. Our kicker can't make a 5 yard FG. Is that a product of coaching, talent, lack of depth, poor facilities, improper diet, THE ECONOMNY! or a combination of everything? I don't have an answer for that. I know our D-line and O-line aren't playing well this year. Our teams in the past won because of great line play. Domino looked like a beast at LB because he had room to move thanks to a dominating D-line. We ran the ball like crazy because our O-line moved houses. This year that's not happening. Answer the question why and you could probably be first in line for a new potential hire at SDSU (although you'd probably leave for greener pastures soon if you were that good because we can't afford to keep you.)

By the way, I do see things through Blue Colored Glasses. I have done so unapologetically so for years. One of my 2 year old's first spoken phrases was "Go Jacks!" Not to get all philosophical on you, but everyone looks at things in life through varying colors of lenses. I just happen to believe life seems a little crisper when looking at things with blue SDSU glasses. To each his own.

Fact: Mike Struck may be the best announcer EVER. Just putting it out there.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
      What part was being seen through blue colored glasses? Is it an inaccurate statement that in FCS, teams tend to have big swings in terms of the quality of their teams? Is it inaccurate that SIU has 2 wins this year and last year's national champs also have a losing record and NDSU sucked balls just a couple years ago? Is it factually inaccurate that SDSU has an uphill battle in recruiting when compared to most D1 programs (including other FCS schools)? I was born and raised in SD and still consider SD my home, but I hope it isn't a surprise that most people can't point out where SD is located on the map (other than to say "it's way up north, right?"). No team is immune from having down swings regardless of the coach. Saying otherwise is not looking through any sort of lens, it's closing your eyes and ignoring facts.

It's ironic that you claim I missed the point and then wrote a statement proving you missed my point. I didn't reference people saying Stig should be fired. In fact, I specifically wrote "(n)ot saying people are hating on coach Stig, just saying he doesn't always get the credit he deserves..." Stating we are a middle of the pack NCC team turned into an upper tier D1 program is also a factually based conclusion. Not an interpretation relying on my love for the Jacks. (By the way, several posts on this board have openly questioned whether Coach Stig is still the man for the job. But I was not referencing those in composing my rant.)

The team hasn't been good for the past 2 years. Agreed. Our offense is not good. Our offensive strategy is not good. Our defense is not good. Our kicker can't make a 5 yard FG. Is that a product of coaching, talent, lack of depth, poor facilities, improper diet, THE ECONOMNY! or a combination of everything? I don't have an answer for that. I know our D-line and O-line aren't playing well this year. Our teams in the past won because of great line play. Domino looked like a beast at LB because he had room to move thanks to a dominating D-line. We ran the ball like crazy because our O-line moved houses. This year that's not happening. Answer the question why and you could probably be first in line for a new potential hire at SDSU (although you'd probably leave for greener pastures soon if you were that good because we can't afford to keep you.)

By the way, I do see things through Blue Colored Glasses. I have done so unapologetically so for years. One of my 2 year old's first spoken phrases was "Go Jacks!" Not to get all philosophical on you, but everyone looks at things in life through varying colors of lenses. I just happen to believe life seems a little crisper when looking at things with blue SDSU glasses. To each his own.

UNI is the one team in our conference that seems to be able to stay really competitve year-in and year-out. Even in their "down" years,they seem to be in the hunt. Not sure if its their coaches or budget or other factors - probably a combo of many things.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        UNI is the one team in our conference that seems to be able to stay really competitve year-in and year-out. Even in their "down" years,they seem to be in the hunt. Not sure if its their coaches or budget or other factors - probably a combo of many things.
        If you go back to Clyde "Buck" Starbuck era, an SDSU alum, UNI has been very competitive over the years since he took over in Cedar Falls. One reason I believe has been their favor is that in eastern Iowa, there were no D2 schools to compete with and at the FCS there are no schools competing for all the good athletes that UI and ISU passed over. Maybe I am marginalizing by saying eastern Iowa when I really mean the entire state. In fact John Gregory recruited that area and found one good QB by the name of Gary Maffett and I am sure there others. The Iowa talent seems to be tilted to east with the Sioux City and Council Bluff schools being the exceptions. I am generalizing here and I am sure someone will set me straight.

MJA;
        You should continue looking through the same glasses you have. Your input as a former player is valued by me. It is a real nutty season this year, but I feel our guys just have not executed on every play to be 6-1 or 7-0 at this point. Several plays could haved worked the other way and I suspect our losses have more to do with confidence and experience. I think our coaches work very hard and earn very little financially.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          I agree, with Wilkenson as O-cord it wasnt uncommon to put up 40+ points again. This year and last, I get happy if we break 20 points. I dont think its a drop off in talent either.
          Are you sure there hasn't been a drop off in talent?

In our playoff year we had......
          3 lineman that ended up in pro camps (Bender, Knips, McKnight).....this year we start 3 sophomores.
          A WR that ended up in a pro camp (Glen Fox)
          A future pro TE (Colin Cochart) ....this year our starting TE ended up out for the season.
          All-time leading rusher? (Kyle Minett)....this year our best back? is a redshirt freshman(Zach Zenner)

Not that we don't have talent on this year's team, but there was quite a bit of talent on our playoff team. Enough talent that we could overlook or altogether miss some of the glaring weaknesses in TOB's game.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
            I guess I would like to clarify my earlier statement. I do believe that Mr. Struck adds quite a bit of valuable insight into the game. my comments were mainly based off of the first away game (I go to all the home games even though I live in Pierre [not too bad of a drive actually, and it's much easier to catch all of the home football games then say all of the home basketball games]).

I feel I was spoiled in having a seasoned crew that had worked together for awhile calling the games last year as compared to this year where they just started working together. It's very likely (as other posters have pointed out) ikrabit mprovements have been bade by this duo.

Is the Jackrabbit Insider a better production then a year ago? If you don't think so then A.) You're not watching it or 2.) I hear the officiating crews for both the MVFC and the SL are looking for talent.

I do value the content that he brings, the delivery is a bit dry however.
            I certainly wasn't calling the guy a bum or calling for his job. Could i do better, Probably not...

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
              I guess I would like to clarify my earlier statement. I do believe that Mr. Struck adds quite a bit of valuable insight into the game. my comments were mainly based off of the first away game (I go to all the home games even though I live in Pierre [not too bad of a drive actually, and it's much easier to catch all of the home football games then say all of the home basketball games]).

I feel I was spoiled in having a seasoned crew that had worked together for awhile calling the games last year as compared to this year where they just started working together. It's very likely (as other posters have pointed out) ikrabit mprovements have been bade by this duo.

Is the Jackrabbit Insider a better production then a year ago? If you don't think so then A.) You're not watching it or 2.) I hear the officiating crews for both the MVFC and the SL are looking for talent.

I do value the content that he brings, the delivery is a bit dry however.
              I certainly wasn't calling the guy a bum or calling for his job. Could i do better, Probably not...
              That line was just me trying be funny. I thought my post needed a little brevity after my rant.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
                Are you sure there hasn't been a drop off in talent?

In our playoff year we had......
                3 lineman that ended up in pro camps (Bender, Knips, McKnight).....this year we start 3 sophomores.
                A WR that ended up in a pro camp (Glen Fox)
                A future pro TE (Colin Cochart) ....this year our starting TE ended up out for the season.
                All-time leading rusher? (Kyle Minett)....this year our best back? is a redshirt freshman(Zach Zenner)

Not that we don't have talent on this year's team, but there was quite a bit of talent on our playoff team. Enough talent that we could overlook or altogether miss some of the glaring weaknesses in TOB's game.

The Jacks can back to playoff contention. The Bison had 6-7 true freshman play significant minutes last year and are sophs now.

A couple of good recruiting classes can make a huge difference.

Comment

Working...
                X