NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU

If I had to make a guess, my guess on percentage would be in line with goon's guess: about 75%. There was green gear sprinkled here and there throughout the stadium. I made some comparisons to the UNI game when attendance was about 11,100. There were not many UNI fans at the game, maybe a couple hundred. I think its a pretty good guess that the SDSU fans who attended the UNI game were likely at the NDSU game and then a few more SDSU fans showed up. The total attendance was something like 14,300 so I think about 3500 Bison total were present.

I think I'm done talking about Bison attendance until a couple years from now when we'll have some posters from the North talk about how they had "at least half" or some other higher number when referring to this year's attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      If I had to make a guess, my guess on percentage would be in line with goon's guess: about 75%. There was green gear sprinkled here and there throughout the stadium. I made some comparisons to the UNI game when attendance was about 11,100. There were not many UNI fans at the game, maybe a couple hundred. I think its a pretty good guess that the SDSU fans who attended the UNI game were likely at the NDSU game and then a few more SDSU fans showed up. The total attendance was something like 14,300 so I think about 3500 Bison total were present.

I think I'm done talking about Bison attendance until a couple years from now when we'll have some posters from the North talk about how they had "at least half" or some other higher number when referring to this year's attendance.
      Over half were not wearing Bison gear...but over 90% became fans.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
        Over half were not wearing Bison gear...but over 90% became fans.
        I'm definitely rooting for the Bison to beat UNI.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          I recognize people are stretching some "facts" to illustrate a point but comments like the "98%" statement above encourages a few of the NDSU fans who apparently have a continuous concussion to claim that as truth. NDSU had a fabulous crowd -- really into the game as visiting crowds are prone to be, particularly when their team is playing well. But, the actual number was around that 3,500 figure. I don't know how well ALL fan bases at FCS schools travel but it seems hard to imagine a fan base traveling better than NDSU. (We did pretty well at Nebraska last fall and I'm confident we'd do very well at Fargo if seats were available: hat's off to tremendous season ticket support from NDSU fans in the Fargodome.)

Now, to your point about USD coming to town -- I think we have to have a concerted effort to have all seats filled by SDSU fans although I predict it may actually take a few years before that game outsells the NDSU game. That means everyone buy up as many tickets as you can afford and then make sure your friends with yellow and blue gear are in the seats. [That should be going on for the USD basketball games this year...SDSU season ticket holders can buy the GA tickets now. The GA tickets go on sale to the public November 1.]
          I bought and sold 70 tickets to the USD women's game at Frost 2 years ago. I won't say how many I bought this year. They will go for face value to Jackrabbit fans. I've done the same for NDSU FB games and will do the same for the USD FB game next fall. Some people don't like it.....tough.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            I bought and sold 70 tickets to the USD women's game at Frost 2 years ago. I won't say how many I bought this year. They will go for face value to Jackrabbit fans. I've done the same for NDSU FB games and will do the same for the USD FB game next fall. Some people don't like it.....tough.
            Its about time we did some promoting, and since you are not even charging extra handling fee, I see no harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              Its about time we did some promoting, and since you are not even charging extra handling fee, I see no harm.
              Another suggestion, buy them and donate them for auction at fundraisers. Sertoma, Pheasants Forever, Ducks Unlimited, school district fundraisers, etc...

Just make sure there are some Jackrabbit fans who will outbid the few coyote fans in the crowd.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

You forget that there are more NDSU fans that travel than USD fans in total
                You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

That's a really sweet video. Thanks for posting.
                  Originally posted by JackFan96
                  Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                    That's a really sweet video. Thanks for posting.
                    agreed!

Comment

My son asked me to play it again after it played the first time, then he asked again after it finished the second time...he's 4. I just broke it to him that last Saturday was the last game we'd see this year. Not happy.

Where was this video at the beginning of the year?Nice job!
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                        I don't know if anyone has posted this but its a pretty awesome video that MidcoSportsNet put together on the Dakota Marker Game, well except for the last scene.

Sweet video. MidcoSportsnet didn't put it together, a local guy did.

Heres a link to more of his work

http://vimeo.com/31650371
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Pretty cool, thanks for sharing.

Comment

That is cool. Very well done. The video effect he used is called tilt-shift. The idea is that it softens and slightly darkens the edges and sharpens the center making it appear that you are looking at miniatures, kind of like looking at a small diorama.
                            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                              You forget that there are more NDSU fans that travel than USD fans in total
                              Have to throw a flag here on my good friend Prariehaas for smack in a non-smack thread.

I am sure it will only result in a mild and phony wrist slap but none the less, being a former official, I have to throw the flag.

p.s. If there are so few fans of USD, why are you all clammoring and plotting to buy excess tickets to keep us out? That is todays "QUESTION OF THE DAY"

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                                Have to throw a flag here on my good friend Prariehaas for smack in a non-smack thread.

I am sure it will only result in a mild and phony wrist slap but none the less, being a former official, I have to throw the flag.

p.s. If there are so few fans of USD, why are you all clammoring and plotting to buy excess tickets to keep us out? That is todays "QUESTION OF THE DAY"
                                That is an easy one. Because one Yote fan, is one too many, duh.

Comment

Working...
                                X