Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISU Game Thread

Originally posted by filbert View Post
    The overall feeling I got from listening to the game was that the big holes under the waterline of the team had mostly been patched, and there was a chance that the S.S. 2011 SDSU Football might not break apart and sink after all.

It's still taking in some water, but I think they might have gotten the pumps running now, anyway.

Seven more chances for redemption.
    That may have been the oddest post I've seen in a long time.

I like it!
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I got a cuckle too,Classic Filbert,he's in top form,should be another fun year.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        If we make the same mistakes we did in this game in the remaining games it will be hard to get another W. Good news, the mistakes are correctable. Defense needed to come out with more intensity. SDSU should have won last night. Still can't understand why we can't find a competent kicker.
        Not sure why the comment on the kicker. If you are talking about the missed extra point, blame the long snapper. The snap was high and the setter wasn't able to get it down in time, which led to the blocked kick. Wasn't Harris' fault. And Harris "big leg" is absolutely awesome as a weapon on kickoffs. And while I know you were talking about the place kickers, I just want to throw in some more praise for our punter, who has also provided us with a big weapon. Priddy was pretty good, but Schlautman (sp) is probably even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
          Not sure why the comment on the kicker. If you are talking about the missed extra point, blame the long snapper. The snap was high and the setter wasn't able to get it down in time, which led to the blocked kick. Wasn't Harris' fault. And Harris "big leg" is absolutely awesome as a weapon on kickoffs. And while I know you were talking about the place kickers, I just want to throw in some more praise for our punter, who has also provided us with a big weapon. Priddy was pretty good, but Schlautman (sp) is probably even better.
          Let me rephrase, competent place kicking game. Decent high school teams miss less extra points and kick more FG's than we do. I don't think your being honest with yourself if you don't recognize a deficiency there.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Let me rephrase, competent place kicking game. Decent high school teams miss less extra points and kick more FG's than we do. I don't think your being honest with yourself if you don't recognize a deficiency there.
            Oh? I think I'm always honest with my beliefs -- as I'm sure you do with yours. Since Kyle Harris' career is over, we will open a new chapter in Jackrabbit place kicking, so will see where we go from here. And my thanks to Kyle for his contribution to Jackrabbit football...what a terrible way to end a career.

Comment

Oh? I think I'm always honest with my beliefs -- as I'm sure you do with yours. Since Kyle Harris' career is over, we will open a new chapter in Jackrabbit place kicking, so will see where we go from here. And my thanks to Kyle for his contribution to Jackrabbit football...what a terrible way to end a career.
              Agreed. That was sad to see. Terribly strange play.
              "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
              "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Nice to see you in Brookings Saturday morning. Not questioning your honesty or integrity at all, just prodding and looking for some introspection.

I met Kyle's parent during his freshman season, a year where he had some struggles. They stopped by our tailgate site Saturday and we visited again. Absolutely great people and their son is a reflection of that. Getting injured is a part of football and all football players recognize that. Getting injured the way Kyle did is bizarre making it even harder to accept. I have little doubt knowing what I do about Kyle and his family that he will rebound and excel at whatever life holds for him after football.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Nice to see you in Brookings Saturday morning. Not questioning your honesty or integrity at all, just prodding and looking for some introspection.

I met Kyle's parent during his freshman season, a year where he had some struggles. They stopped by our tailgate site Saturday and we visited again. Absolutely great people and their son is a reflection of that. Getting injured is a part of football and all football players recognize that. Getting injured the way Kyle did is bizarre making it even harder to accept. I have little doubt knowing what I do about Kyle and his family that he will rebound and excel at whatever life holds for him after football.
                  I have a question for you about the handling of Kyle's injury. I was surprised to see that Kyle was allowed to hop on his good leg both getting on and off the cart. Wasn't there any chance of doing any further damage with that severe of an injury ? I could not see if they had an air cast on - maybe that stabilized the leg enough to prevent more damage.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    I have a question for you about the handling of Kyle's injury. I was surprised to see that Kyle was allowed to hop on his good leg both getting on and off the cart. Wasn't there any chance of doing any further damage with that severe of an injury ? I could not see if they had an air cast on - maybe that stabilized the leg enough to prevent more damage.
                    I was right there on the east side fence and I didn't see them apply an air cast. I haven't read any of the articles or heard any more details about the extent of the injury so I can't comment specifically about the on field management in this case. I don't think they hurt anything by assisting him onto the cart.

Comment

It looked like they did put an air cast on it. Somebody was pumping something up. You could see it from the west side.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        It looked like they did put an air cast on it. Somebody was pumping something up. You could see it from the west side.
                        Very possible. I trust our athletic trainers and staff and have little doubt that they did what they are trained to do. Unfortunate for Kyle but nice to see our staff do their job well.

Comment

Very possible. I trust our athletic trainers and staff and have little doubt that they did what they are trained to do. Unfortunate for Kyle but nice to see our staff do their job well.
                          I was just surprised when I read in the Argus article that two bones were completely broken that he was allowed to stand up,even with help.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            I was just surprised when I read in the Argus article that two bones were completely broken that he was allowed to stand up,even with help.
                            I suspect it was his tibia and fibula. If they applied a splint (i.e. air cast in this situation) and did not have him bearing weight on the affected extremity they did not put him and any increased risk for injury. Even without a splint it is unlikely any additional injury would have occurred although it would have hurt a lot more.

Comment

Always good to see you too!! The Harris family is indeed, good people. They threw a great spread for Jack fans at the Illinois State game, and Mr. Harris indicated to me they would do the same at the Missouri State game in the future, even after Kyle had graduated.

Comment

Working...
                              X