ISU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ISU Game Thread

Couple more penalties give SDSU a first down at the ISU 21.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

SDSU holding penalty results in a 2nd and 20. Two midrange plays bring up 4th and 8 from the 19. Unfortunately apparently Hubert fumbled and ISU returned it 15 yards to the 35. **** us.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        SDSU holding penalty results in a 2nd and 20. Two midrange plays bring up 4th and 8 from the 19. Unfortunately apparently Hubert fumbled and ISU returned it 15 yards to the 35. **** us.
        ESPN Gamecast must be ****ing up because now it said ISU recovered the ball at the 5 and not the 35. I have no video so I have no idea what happened. Still, **** us.

Comment

Ok, I think we went for it on 4th and 8, Hubert caught it for 15 yards and the first down and THEN fumbled. God dammit. Can't believe we went for and picked it up and then fumbled. Jesus. I need some video.

Comment

Sumner with the 1 yard TD run, I'm assuming QB sneak. 20-13 ISU. Woooo.
            Nope. He play actioned rolled out, tucked it and dove.Hubert's fumble hurt. Bad.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              Nope. He play actioned rolled out, tucked it and dove.Hubert's fumble hurt. Bad.
              Nice. I love QB rollouts inside the 10. What happened on that Hubert play?

Comment

SDSU defense holds! ISU has the ball at their own 30, 4th and 7 and will be punting with about 2 min left. Sumner will be a legend if he pulls off this final drive. Ok, maybe not a legend, but damn. DO IT.

Comment

SDSU defense holds! ISU has the ball at their own 30, 4th and 7 and will be punting with about 2 min left. Sumner will be a legend if he pulls off this final drive. Ok, maybe not a legend, but damn. DO IT.
                  Anticlimatic. 4 and out. ISU takes over.

The Hubert fumble KILLED us. 20-13 will be the final barring a miracle.

Comment

Ok, I think we went for it on 4th and 8, Hubert caught it for 15 yards and the first down and THEN fumbled. God dammit. Can't believe we went for and picked it up and then fumbled. Jesus. I need some video.
                    the video he was diving to get in, at first i thought he got in but some where the ball poped out.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Nice. I love QB rollouts inside the 10. What happened on that Hubert play?
                      Sumner put it on the numbers across the middle. As Hubert was going in, a db put a helmet on the ball and it popped free. Sucked.I know we lost, but that's better than I thought this was going to be. I know players don't like moral victories, but as depleted as we r at d line and lb, we responded. Sumner is definitely the future. Rollin dropped two great gains over the middle. That was disappointing. I need more Zenner. He's the next great SDSU running back.We need a W next week. No excuses. Go Jacks!

Comment

The worst part of the game was the penalties. Offense looked bad at first but really moved it well in the hurry up offense, cant remember if we saw that at all this year. D some missed tackles but a great effort, could really see more passion out there. Its a tought loss and I feel bad for Hubert, had a chance to get a TD and somehow the ball popped out. At least we didnt give up a pick 6. Not sure we win this game with TOB or not. Sumner really was on timing wise i felt, more then TOB ever was. Sumner seemed a little overwhelmed at time but ran the hurry up offense well and gave his WR a lot of good passes. Worst pass was probably the over throw in the endzone Hubert had room on his guy but a high pass. Actually felt that as the game went on the play calling improved, something that didnt happen earlier in the year. Moss works harder then anyone on O it seemed, really good effort.

All in all, it was an ok game, nothing wow, but nothing bad, well, besides 3 fumbles and the penalties. It was improvement the way I see it.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sumner, 18-32, 194, no picks. Very good first game for the kid. It'll be fun to see how good he can be over the next several years.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Sumner, 18-32, 194, no picks. Very good first game for the kid. It'll be fun to see how good he can be over the next several years.
                            Agreed he seemed to settle down as the game went on. Not afraid to dive into the endzone and if he can run more that will be a big plus.

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                              If this is the bottom, i.e., first game, ill take it. He's going to be a pleasure to watch command an offense that gives the bovine all they can handle.

Comment

Frustrating loss to be sure but at least there were some positives to build on which wasn't the case the last few weeks. It's a very small sample size but I think this team has found a leader in Sumner. It will be fun to watch him continue to grow over the season. He's going to make some bad plays to be sure but I already saw plays tonight that you would never see with TOB at the helm. This kid is a gamer and will only continue to get better.

What's everyone's take on Zenner/Kool? I'm starting to think Zenner should be the number one and getting more carries than Kool. The running game just seems to pop a little more with Zenner. Not ripping on Kool at all but I'm more confident when the ball is in Zenner's hands.
                                “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
                                X