Thomas O'Brien Quit the Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Thomas O'Brien Quit the Team

I hope you "wish I could have played college sports" experts are happy now. Do you think these college athletes are not reading sites like this one? Of course they do. Do you think all the harsh words said about this "young" man go unheard. Do you think his teammates read this stuff? Of course they do.

I was amazed at how many harsh, mean things were said about him by so called fans. Then they come back and wish him well. OMG, what a scene for this young person to go through.

Do you guys think that he threw some of those picks on purpose? You guys don't have a clue. You guys don't understand that you guys were just as much of the problem of dividing the team. They read this stuff. They are kids for pete's sakes. They take everything personally. They take to heart what his said on sites like this.

I forgive you guys, I sure hope that this young man can do the same.

Comment

Classic pot stirring post. Your outrageous indignation is noted.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

EQguy is right: Just In The Crowd is a Coyote and has been banned several times from this message board. He's on a very short leash and I hope posters ignore him and do not feed the troll.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          EQguy is right: Just In The Crowd is a Coyote and has been banned several times from this message board. He's on a very short leash and I hope posters ignore him and do not feed the troll.
          Well, at least he is not like usdfbalum, who attacks you and reminds you that you are not like his friends at SDSU.
          Boy can he make you feel guilty. He tries to lay the entire ugliness of the rivalry at your feet
          Last edited by Nidaros; 09-21-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

O'Brien: Quitting wasn't based on 'outside pressures'

Comment

BLess TOB for his honesty. It justs seem he could not shake the INT slump that got started with 4 INT's in Fargo, but if you look at the following week at UND, there were no INT's so possibly Pass defense has played a part in the NDSU game. The Bison faithful like to boast of the quality D backs. UND did not seem to have any and were pretty banged up when they came to Brookings as were the Jacks. If you had the videos on all the INT, and Pick 6, would someone be able to see a pattern of bad QB moves?. Well lets move on and wish all the good luck to Austin Sumner. Its going to be different seeing a number 6 out there.

Comment

I have no interest, ties, or anything to USD, heck, been there maybe five times.

My post was to bring to light that athletes visit these type of sites. There is absolutely no need for harsh, mean words to ever be typed about a "kid". They are trying to do good. Sometimes things don't go right and we lose. So what, it's a dang game.

Maybe we should try better not to make personal bashing part of our posts. State what you want, but don't use harsh, mean words and name calling as a part of our posts.

They read this stuff.

Comment

Go State!

Comment

Follow 89Rabbit's graphic. Just in the Crowd already forgave everyone (third-party forgiveness?) and with Thomas making clear fans had nothing to do with his decision... don't feed the troll.

Comment

Somewhat relevant to this thread, Matt Zimmer with a blog post about Twitter that I thought was very well written:

http://mattyzimmer.tumblr.com/post/1...r-us-to-get-in
                      Last edited by RabbitObsessed; 09-21-2011, 10:35 AM.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I liked Stig's comment: But, again, the more you worry about that the less you find solutions.

Once a problem is known, its time to work on solutions. Some people stop and spend their all time wringing their hands over the problem; others focus on solutions, pick a path and move forward.

Last weekend could be a catalyst to some big things, a new attitude. I'm excited about this weekend's game. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by 67jack View Post
                          There is never a bad day to be a Jackrabbit....only good and better!
                          I like what the guy who is subbing on the Dan Patrick show says. Every day of my life has been a great day, there just have been some rough moments.
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

nothing like getting neg rep points from a troll because he knows more then the rest of us because he most have played college sports. while those who were critical of TOB never did. The troll doesnt know much him self because I did play college sports, on the tennis team while I was at SDSU yet I got dinged for it. Classic.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Gotta say i never understood the fascination with rep points in general but more directly negative rep.
                              "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                              X