X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smoke for the intro?

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
    I assumed he did that too......
    Yeah, because I'm the guy who's always second guessing the coaches around here.

The loudmouths in the stands are almost always guys who think that somehow paying for a ticket makes them smarter than the coaching staff.

Frankly, I don't know whether to be flattered or annoyed by this sudden interest in my habits and personality.

Comment

Wow. Strong opinions about some vapor. By distraction I meant it diverts my attention from what I came to see, a football game. I can't speak for what the players think of it. If other fans want the team to come in to a sea of fog, fireworks, a rock band hooked up to 40' Marshalls and dancing elephants, well that their opinion and thats ok too.
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

The loudmouths in the stands are almost always guys who think that somehow paying for a ticket makes them smarter than the coaching staff.

Frankly, I don't know whether to be flattered or annoyed by this sudden interest in my habits and personality.
        flattered?
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Definitely flattered, we need you in the stands to get old farts like me to stand up and cheer on 3rd down,

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
            I'm guessing the smoke would have looked a little better without a 30 MPH wind blowing it all around. A calmer day would give a better effect.
            this is what I thought, too.

Comment

Maybe I saw a different pregame intro then everyone else but frankly, the timing is horribly bad. The video is on one side if the field, the team enters from the other. People are watching this stupid video and its quiet, hardly any cheering or pumpin up the crowd. The team starts to run out before the video is over and half are watch one while the other half of the crowd watches the other. The band doesnt start till the video is over and the team is all the way on the field. the tunnel looked cheap, and the smoke/fog was tacky at best.

Start the video minutes before the team heads to the tunnel. as the video goes show the team making its way to the tunnel, once the intro video is over, start a cheer for the fans, like BRING THE JACKS. start chanting that for like 30 sec. have a giant cowbell ring a few times, and at the same time, the band starts ring the bell as the team runs out of the tunnel through the fog/smoke stuff.

The only good part of the pregame stuff is the band does stuff now that they never did before. But the music they play, I am guessing is for the players, sucks. Its loud and does nothing to add to a pregame atmosphere. Why not show game highlights or have all the stupid stuff the score board does during the game, why not show them before.

Atleast I don't recall seeing that stupid coke zero commercial. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Well this rant makes me sound older then I really am.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Maybe I saw a different pregame intro then everyone else but frankly, the timing is horribly bad. The video is on one side if the field, the team enters from the other. People are watching this stupid video and its quiet, hardly any cheering or pumpin up the crowd. The team starts to run out before the video is over and half are watch one while the other half of the crowd watches the other. The band doesnt start till the video is over and the team is all the way on the field. the tunnel looked cheap, and the smoke/fog was tacky at best. Start the video minutes before the team heads to the tunnel. as the video goes show the team making its way to the tunnel, once the intro video is over, start a cheer for the fans, like BRING THE JACKS. start chanting that for like 30 sec. have a giant cowbell ring a few times, and at the same time, the band starts ring the bell as the team runs out of the tunnel through the fog/smoke stuff. The only good part of the pregame stuff is the band does stuff now that they never did before. But the music they play, I am guessing is for the players, sucks. Its loud and does nothing to add to a pregame atmosphere. Why not show game highlights or have all the stupid stuff the score board does during the game, why not show them before. Atleast I don't recall seeing that stupid coke zero commercial. Maybe I wasn't paying attention. Well this rant makes me sound older then I really am.
                I completely agree
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

It was lame, no way around that. It's like we're trying to be something we aren't and doing a miserable job at best. Now, I'm old but one of my best memories is Frost arena packed to the ceiling with 10,000 Jackrabbit fans chanting "Let's Go Rabbits" clap, clap, clap clap clap "Let's Go Rabbits" clap, clap, clap clap clap and then erupting into a thunderous roar as our players take the court. I realize CAS is alot bigger but I'd like to see the intro video be shorter and have them enter the field right at the end of it. Get the band off the field. Lead the fans in a chant of whatever after the entry occurs while they are getting ready to warm up, then have the band play the school song while the other team is trying to enter the stadium. If the vapor can't be better than it was just skip it. I come to the games to watch the athletes and cheer them on, not for the video board, the band or all the other gimmicks.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Agree, the video board and sound system is over used at intro and during the game. Goon has a point in that the video on the scoreboard is at the wrong end of the field to be used while the players are taking the field. Also think that during the game, while the band is playing, the sound system on the scoreboard sould not be used. Truly the best use for video on the scoreboard is replay.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
                      Agree, the video board and sound system is over used at intro and during the game. Goon has a point in that the video on the scoreboard is at the wrong end of the field to be used while the players are taking the field. Also think that during the game, while the band is playing, the sound system on the scoreboard sould not be used. Truly the best use for video on the scoreboard is replay.
                      Speaking of replay... don't replay good plays from the other team. EVER! srsly QUIT IT NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                        Speaking of replay... don't replay good plays from the other team. EVER! srsly QUIT IT NOW!
                        ^^^This. And we should be allowed to ring an actual cowbell at some point, at least during pregame.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          It was lame, no way around that. It's like we're trying to be something we aren't and doing a miserable job at best. Now, I'm old but one of my best memories is Frost arena packed to the ceiling with 10,000 Jackrabbit fans chanting "Let's Go Rabbits" clap, clap, clap clap clap "Let's Go Rabbits" clap, clap, clap clap clap and then erupting into a thunderous roar as our players take the court. I realize CAS is alot bigger but I'd like to see the intro video be shorter and have them enter the field right at the end of it. Get the band off the field. Lead the fans in a chant of whatever after the entry occurs while they are getting ready to warm up, then have the band play the school song while the other team is trying to enter the stadium. If the vapor can't be better than it was just skip it. I come to the games to watch the athletes and cheer them on, not for the video board, the band or all the other gimmicks.
                          I agree with most of your comment however, I like the band on the field or playing when the team runs out. Marching bands are what give college football that extra touch listening to the band is better then the dumb music they play on the score board during warm ups. Supporting the team and the marching band are what I go for and frankly the stuff they do with the score board really bugs me.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I suppose we need to discuss something, and to pull this off we need to improve the affects as well as the playing on the field. Its early.

Comment

Working...
                            X