X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Southern Utah - Gameday Thread

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Warranted. Our play calling sucks.
    I would argue that its as much a lack of variety of formations as it is play calling. It is yet to be seen all the formations we will use this year, but last year it was way to obvious what the play would be from the formation we lined up in. a Few years ago with Berry as QB we ran a split back field with Konieg and Minnett and split WRs. We would pass either side or run either back and it was 4 different plays from the same formation. We don't have that anymore.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

student section at the end of the National Anthem....

"....and the home...of the...Jackrabbits..."

Not. A. Fan.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

It was a group of 30 students at most. I guess it doesn't really bother me.

I'm all for respecting the country and what not, but the National Anthem, as a song, sucks out loud.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Giant 605 AFAIC.

I'm all for respecting the country and what not, but the National Anthem, as a song, sucks out loud.
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

You think its silly to joke around how 605 is a bad marketing idea because you think we are insulting south dakota, yet you rail on the national anthem? I think Its disrepectful to change the words like many teams do now adays.

the anthem outdated yes, but it is what it is, people should be respectful for what the song stands for. Music now adays frankly sucks. In 200 years, people will still listen to Beethoven and Bach etc....the national anthem will still be the same song, with pop star like cristina A slaughtering it, but music that is made now adays, people wont even care or remember it and no one will care about it 10 years from now.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

I just think compared to the national songs of other countries, our's isn't as good. I'm not "railing" on anything. I just like the songs of other countries better. Like "Oh, Canada." That song is awesome. It has nothing to do with the National Anthem being outdated and I'm not sure why you're talking about Christina Aguilera or anything, but my personal preference is that it's not a good song.

I won't join in on the "Home of the ______" because I don't care, and I won't complain about it either because it honestly doesn't bother me.

Rowdy, I have no idea what you said.

And I'm sure everyone will read this as simply "RO HATES AMERICA!!!1!" which is not what I'm trying to say at all. Just the song.

Comment

I just think compared to the national songs of other countries, our's isn't as good. I'm not "railing" on anything. I just like the songs of other countries better. Like "Oh, Canada." That song is awesome. It has nothing to do with the National Anthem being outdated and I'm not sure why you're talking about Christina Aguilera or anything, but my personal preference is that it's not a good song.

I won't join in on the "Home of the ______" because I don't care, and I won't complain about it either because it honestly doesn't bother me.

Rowdy, I have no idea what you said.

And I'm sure everyone will read this as simply "RO HATES AMERICA!!!1!" which is not what I'm trying to say at all. Just the song.
                I hate when the person singing the song tries to change how its suppose to be and make it a 5 minute song and half the time they forget how it goes or ruin how it was orignally written.

so you must be joking or something and I don't get the joke because I think Oh canada is the lamest out there. there are some from europe as far as national anthems go are good, but the US national anthem is better then most, when it is played by or sung correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  I hate when the person singing the song tries to change how its suppose to be and make it a 5 minute song and half the time they forget how it goes or ruin how it was orignally written.

so you must be joking or something and I don't get the joke because I think Oh canada is the lamest out there. there are some from europe as far as national anthems go are good, but the US national anthem is better then most, when it is played by or sung correctly.
                  Music is all personal preference. I think our song sucks and <3 "Oh Canada."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meLpuF9UMvk <--- is completely badass. The ending to that song is so awesome.

Comment

Warranted. Our play calling sucks.
                    We put up 400 yards of offense and nearly 30 pts. How exactly does that equal sucky playcalling?

Comment

• Re: Southern Utah - Gameday Thread

I find it highly amusing that there are some on here that are calling out TOB for his "3 or 4" bad throws. I guess I was unaware that most college Qbs were perfect 100% of the time.

And, if the team wins, then the play calling must be pretty good. Although it is strange that there are so many folks that are better offensive coordinators in the stands. Seems odd that they don't actually have a job in football.

I guess what I am getting at is that if you can't enjoy an opening game win and appreciate all the good things that happened, then it is going to be a long season for ya.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                        student section at the end of the National Anthem....

"....and the home...of the...Jackrabbits..."

Not. A. Fan.
                        Please, please, please don't let this tradition get started here....
                        "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
                          Please, please, please don't let this tradition get started here....
                          I am fairly certain that there are many things that will be heard by the season ticket holders that wasn't within earshot before the band moved. Might as well have it start out at the first game.
                          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                            I am fairly certain that there are many things that will be heard by the season ticket holders that wasn't within earshot before the band moved. Might as well have it start out at the first game.
                            I was in the top row ACROSS the field, where I've sat every game for the last 3 years and saturday night was the first time I've ever heard it.

Must have been a VERY vocal 30 students.

Comment

I guess I was in the student section and I didn't hear it.
                              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                              X